The Black Album

Chris Axl

Easily one of my favorite albums. ^_^More so for the songs between the "hits" than anything else.The God That Failed, for example.
exactly.Its nost jut Enter Sandman, the Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters. Eventough those are KILLER songs
'My Friend of Misery' has always been a real favourite of mine.
I wouldn't bother listening to anything released after Black Album.
I enjoyed the track I Dissappear - and St.Anger (album)
I also like:The Memory Remains, Fuel, King Nothing, Until it Sleeps, One Leaf Clover and my personal pick for criminally ignored track: Where The Wild Things Are
I don't get this elitest way of thinking where you can't like songs that are widely popular, etc, as though you can't be a true music fan if your favourite album/songs are big hits. Don't get me wrong, everyone has their reasons for liking (and disliking) songs, whether its the guitar playing, singing, lyrics, etc, but when you think about it, how 'easy' is it to write a song/album that is a 'hit'? Just something to discuss...Monty
I agree. I sometimes get the feeling people will often pick obscure bands or albums, or earlier albums just to show off. I should know, I did it before once and felt like a total prick. Edited by ADPT

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you like the sound better, it's much more commercial.

:rolleyes:

so you would call Appetite For Destrucion commercial to then?

you don't know what you are talking about...

i'd call appetite commercial, released on a major record label, solds millions upon millions of copies, what do you think commerce is Chris?

I find myself listening to the Cliff albums almost exclusively these days, not to rag on the later stuff but I think everything cool that was there to do, was done on the first 3 albums. After that it just got diluted and tampered with in the name of progress. Next thing you know, they make ballads, cut their hair, take out the solos, etc...

WTF is wrong whit Load and Re load??? Those albums got some amazing good songs.... the lyric`s are werry good.

BUT.. nothing beats the first 3.. no dubt..

People abtethem cus its "not Metallica" but as Lars Ulrich said "no one is gonna tell me how Metallica is supposed to sound like"

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Never really liked it... like a few songs on it. Nothing Else matters and 1 or 2 more.

I'm asking you to explain why Black Album is better than Justice, not why Black Album is so great.
I think the answer to that is that he haven't heard it :lol: I shall keep out of this, because I don't like metallica, but I've heard all the early albums and that is not the best.

I like "Wherever I May Roam". I think that song sounds the most like their material prior to the Black Album. I agree with what most people here are saying. This is the album that they started going downhill. ....And Justice for All is my favorite Metallica album, but For Whom the Bell Tolls is my favorite song.

I like "Wherever I May Roam". I think that song sounds the most like their material prior to the Black Album. I agree with what most people here are saying. This is the album that they started going downhill. ....And Justice for All is my favorite Metallica album, but For Whom the Bell Tolls is my favorite song.

they dident start to go downhill with that album. They was big before, but they became HUGE after that

Guest knerken

Black Album is their best album IMO, mainstream or not. The first three albums are also good, but amazingly overrated.

No, Kill 'Em All is not the world's best debut album and Master Of Puppets is not the best thrash-metal album ever recorded. Black Album is better than both of them. The only thing that is better with the first albums than with Black, is Cliff.

they dident start to go downhill with that album. They was big before, but they became HUGE after that
The quality of their music went down, their popularity went up.
Black Album is their best album IMO, mainstream or not. The first three albums are also good, but amazingly overrated. No, Kill 'Em All is not the world's best debut album and Master Of Puppets is not the best thrash-metal album ever recorded. Black Album is better than both of them. The only thing that is better with the first albums than with Black, is Cliff.
Elaborate, please. Edited by Lithium