Smashing Pumpkins vs. Nirvana

arnold layne

Smashing Pumpkins vs. Nirvana  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never listened to the pumpkins.

same here

but I vote for them, cus they was on The Simpsons rock3

So you think the Pumpkins are better than Nirvana just because they've appeared on The Simpsons and Nirvana didn't? :laugh:

did you REALLY take my post seriously?

same here

So you think the Pumpkins are better than Nirvana just because they've appeared on The Simpsons and Nirvana didn't? :laugh:

It's really hard to tell when you're serious and when you're joking.

same here

It's really hard to tell when you're serious and when you're joking.

well let put it this way.... I enjoyed more watching that Simpsons episode than lissening to nevermind :lol:

Guest knerken

Nirvana anyday. Pumpkins has got some good songs, but Corgan's voice ruins them all, sadly. The band also lack the energy that Nirvana had.

They are two of my favourite bands at the moment, so it's a pretty tough call, but my vote goes to Nirvana.

Nirvana had a whole lot more energy and they made three nearly perfect albums, while The Pumpkins has only released two really great ones, three bad and two mediocre.

I can't really say. Gish and Siamese Dream were both brilliant records and were very influential to me as a musician. I love the Nirvana stuff as well though. I don't think it's fair to compare the two since Nirvana ended so early and the Pumpkins have put out a lot of sub-par albums. If Kurt had lived and continued to put out quality albums, I'd have to vote for Nirvana

Love both, but the Pumpkins just had more balls with their material. Gish just kicks ass, Siamese Dream is a masterpiece on par with Nevermind, Mellon Collie is a career peak, Adore is just fucking beautifully depressing, Machina kicks your ass in space, Zeitgeist is reinvigorated ass kicking. Rarely a dull moment in their entire catalogue.

Unfortunately for Nirvana, Cobain died before he could take the band in a new direction. He said In Utero was gonna be their last record with the 3-chord song structure and he really wanted to branch out. He had a great love for new wave and other obscure bands; it would have been interesting to see him grow as a songwriter.

Edited by bluesy

Love both, but the Pumpkins just had more balls with their material. Gish just kicks ass, Siamese Dream is a masterpiece on par with Nevermind, Mellon Collie is a career peak, Adore is just fucking beautifully depressing, Machina kicks your ass in space, Zeitgeist is reinvigorated ass kicking. Rarely a dull moment in their entire catalogue.

Unfortunately for Nirvana, Cobain died before he could take the band in a new direction. He said In Utero was gonna be their last record with the 3-chord song structure and he really wanted to branch out. He had a great love for new wave and other obscure bands; it would have been interesting to see him grow as a songwriter.

I'm glad I've met somebody here that actually enjoys Zeitgeist, I can't figure out why so many individuals loathe that album. It rocks!