Rock 'n' roll wars Volume 3 1980's Part I of II

vulgar

Rock 'n' roll wars  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a sub-genre alright, but none of those are heavy metal.

to be totally honest, i never heard much at all of any of those bands. one album of metallica properly, black album and even that was a very long time ago. Motley Crue i heard odds and ends of, Ratt i've heard the song body talk and the rest of them i aint heard nothing at all of.

Black Album sucks compared to their earlier albums. Please, please, please check out Kill 'Em All, Frank, I know you'll like it. :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a sub-genre alright, but none of those are heavy metal.

to be totally honest, i never heard much at all of any of those bands. one album of metallica properly, black album and even that was a very long time ago. Motley Crue i heard odds and ends of, Ratt i've heard the song body talk and the rest of them i aint heard nothing at all of.

dont even bother listening to the rest of the glam stuff but metallica i suggest you to listen to some of their earlier stuff it destroys the black album

Rock n' Roll = Bill Haley & His Comets, Chuck Berry, Elvis, Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly and others. ROCK N ROLL was during the 50's and 60's. Heavy Metal is heavy metal.

it's still part of the rock genre. if it wasn't for rock there would be no metal.

Rock n' Roll = Bill Haley & His Comets, Chuck Berry, Elvis, Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly and others. ROCK N ROLL was during the 50's and 60's. Heavy Metal is heavy metal.

it's still part of the rock genre. if it wasn't for rock there would be no metal.

Technically, if it wasn't for the blues and jazz there would be no metal. There wouldn't be much music to choose from that "cornucopia" you call rock n' roll, actually.

Technically, if it wasn't for the blues and jazz there would be no metal. There wouldn't be much music to choose from that "cornucopia" you call rock n' roll, actually.

want me to get a source?

:rolleyes:

want me to get a source?

You know it's true. You're gonna tell me we'd have METAWL and most forms of American music without Jazz and the Blues? :lol: That's the foundation of music!

On topic: I voted null.

Edited by swlabr

want me to get a source?

You know it's true. You're gonna tell me we'd have METAWL and most forms of American music without Jazz and the Blues? :lol: That's the foundation of music!

On topic: I voted null.

i know thats true about jazz and blues. but hard rock probably played the biggest roll in creating the genre. and here is my source. Metal

i know thats true about jazz and blues. but hard rock probably played the biggest roll in creating the genre. and here is my source. Metal

And who was hard rock and anything before that influenced by? It all leads to the roots. To end it simply, rock n roll could be thought of as a subgenre of "ROCK" which is the general name for music which may include the bands that we've mentioned all together. Rock n roll was a lifestyle and musical form that began maybe in the late 40's and receded in the 60's. That's up-beat, "rock around the clock-esque" music.

And who was hard rock and anything before that influenced by? It all leads to the roots. To end it simply, rock n roll could be thought of as a subgenre of "ROCK" which is the general name for music which may include the bands that we've mentioned all together. Rock n roll was a lifestyle and musical form that began maybe in the late 40's and receded in the 60's. That's up-beat, "rock around the clock-esque" music.

whatever, all i am saying is that metal is a form of rock music.