Nine Inch Nails

Iron Roses

i dont know why theres so much hype about these guys.. maybe im missing something special?

i have to say i KINDA liked.. there is no you there is only me... that it really :huh:

so anyways im just wondering is there many fans of NIN on here?

oh and before anyone says anything, ive listend to about 10 other of nin's songs, not just the one i mentioned above

Edited by Iron Roses

I'm a huge NIN fan. Been for a long time now, I saw them live last spring and seeing them again this summer.

so they are good live (since your seeing them again) what do you think of trent live?

NIN are bloody excellent live, their sound is clear too. Trent puts a lot of emotion to his performance, and does all kindsa crazy stuff too. Well he doesn't beat band members anymore like back in the day, but the whole package of the show is tight. The performance, the songs, the sound, the visuals.

NIN are great, one of my fav bands.

Gonna see em in some weeks rock3

Ya bitch :huh:

I really want to see them again...AMAZING live act. Even better than GN'R, in my opinion.

blasphemy :o

Seriously.

GN'R were by far the best band I'd seen live, but NIN are truly stunning. Trent puts everything he's got into his performance, I've never seen energy like it.

NIN are great, one of my fav bands.

Gonna see em in some weeks rock3

Ya bitch :huh:

I really want to see them again...AMAZING live act. Even better than GN'R, in my opinion.

blasphemy :o

Seriously.

GN'R were by far the best band I'd seen live, but NIN are truly stunning. Trent puts everything he's got into his performance, I've never seen energy like it.

wow

can't wait to see em rock3

I like them, but are not that great.

i often wonder are they popular with gnr fans becuase of axls comments :confused:

What, like wearing the Sin shirt?

Not likely...maybe it got some people to try them initially, who knows. It took me a while to get into them, I heard some of their stuff in the past and liked it, or thought it was alright, but didn't take much interest. Then a few months ago I gave them a proper listen, and got really into the music, I love it now.

I like them, but are not that great.

i often wonder are they popular with gnr fans becuase of axls comments :confused:

Axls comments? I don't think he has ever said anything bad about NIN?

yeh he mentioned he really liked them in an interview years back & as axls rocket queen said he wore their shirts

does anyone think that gnr's ramone top wearing encouraged people to like them too? i defo think it did

i dont mind if people genuniley like them but not just coz gnr did

First time i listened to The Downward Spiral i could tell there was something there i really wanted to listen to. I could hear great melodies on things like Mr. Self Destruct and other tracks but couldn't really get past all the clicks and whirry noises.

Then one day it all just clicked in my head and suddenly i got the whole 'atmosphere' of the tracks which took the music to a whole other level in my head.

One of my very favourite bands.

one of, if not my favourite band ever. trent is in a league of his own. i have the upmost respect for him - besides making incredible music, he's done it with integrity, stayed clear of the spotlight and media. what he does, he does for the sake of his art. the music subsequently is brutally honest and sincere.

i love the how he can make songs so ferocious like 'mr self destruct' and 'the line begins to blur', but can also construct such beautiful melodies like 'a warm place' and 'hurt'.

plus they are AMAZING live. i mean, blows every other band out of the water. i saw them in march, and i was in awe. the line up at the moment is awesome. theyve always had incredible musicians on board (fragility tour line up - oh my gaaaaaawd, so good). but trent is a whirlwind of energy, anger, fragility and sex on stage.

aside from that, they have an incredible catalogue of music. theres not one NIN song i dislike. they go from one extreme to the other, that to me is so smart.

anyways..i could talk about them all day. i dont trust people who dont like them.

one of, if not my favourite band ever. trent is in a league of his own. i have the upmost respect for him - besides making incredible music, he's done it with integrity, stayed clear of the spotlight and media. what he does, he does for the sake of his art. the music subsequently is brutally honest and sincere.

i love the how he can make songs so ferocious like 'mr self destruct' and 'the line begins to blur', but can also construct such beautiful melodies like 'a warm place' and 'hurt'.

plus they are AMAZING live. i mean, blows every other band out of the water. i saw them in march, and i was in awe. the line up at the moment is awesome. theyve always had incredible musicians on board (fragility tour line up - oh my gaaaaaawd, so good). but trent is a whirlwind of energy, anger, fragility and sex on stage.

aside from that, they have an incredible catalogue of music. theres not one NIN song i dislike. they go from one extreme to the other, that to me is so smart.

anyways..i could talk about them all day. i dont trust people who dont like them.

You summed it up perfectly. Great post!

Yes, Trent is the only musician I've ever seen who sounds better live than he does on his records. His shows are amazing. His voice is clean on every note - and yet, excudes incredible emotion as he sings each word. His lyrics are dark, raw, and multi-dimensional, and his music is carefully layered (where he plays every instrument by himself on most of his albums). There's a lot of angst in his music - but that's what people relate to.

And his fanbase is even more rabid than GNR's. They are loyal - and virtually guarantee any album he releases will hit number one on billboard the first week. (After that, album sales usually drop off - depending on how many new fans discover the music). And Trent cares about his fans. Although he's incredibly guarded when it comes to his private life, he still makes time to reach out to fans during the long drought between albums - whether it's installing a webcam in his studio for fans to watch him record - or answering questions from fans on his website.

Trent and Axl seem very similar in many ways: Both are perfectionists, control freaks, and take years between albums. However - after Trent cleaned himself up, he was able to record and release his latest album in less than two years - and all the while he was touring - which was pretty incredible.

the trent guy hails from around here so theyre slightly big where i live, but i cant seem to get into them. some of their stuff is catchy, but some of it makes me believe that my cell phone is going off on vibrate. can anyone recommend some songs?

depends what you're into. some of their stuff is more "rock" type songs rather than phone vibration noises...

my favourite NIN song ever has to be 'somewhat damaged'. its just fucking insane!! its one of their heavier songs i guess. but definately download it. i love the lyrics to it, painfully clear just how screwed up trent was when he made it -

Made the choice to go away

Drink the fountain of decay

Tear a hole exquisite red

Fuck the rest and stab it dead

anywho, download these bad boys too -

eraser - (its not instrumental, vocals kick in about 2minutes in) excellent drumming, quite hypnotic.

closer - the "fuck you like an animal" song, most people seem to like it.

march of the pigs

wish

we're in this together now

the big come down

with teeth

reptile

burn

ringfinger

terrible lie - try get the KROQ'05 live version, it's incredible. this song is just so much better live

sin - ^ same as above.

something i can never have - more easy listening

la mer

dead souls - joy division cover. amazing

in this twilight

survivalism

just a few. all winners.

my favourite NIN song ever has to be 'somewhat damaged'. its just fucking insane!! its one of their heavier songs i guess. but definately download it. i love the lyrics to it, painfully clear just how screwed up trent was when he made it -

Made the choice to go away

Drink the fountain of decay

Tear a hole exquisite red

Fuck the rest and stab it dead

Awesome song. It scared the shit out of me the first time I heard it :lol:

I had just bought The Fragile and hadn't listened to it properly yet...I had to be up early the next day so I put it in my CD alarm. Waking up to that eerie intro...I thought someone was coming to kill me :rofl-lol: