Acoustic Brownstone

I had the day off work sick so thought I'd put my time to good use.

Mr. Brownstone (acoustic instrumental)

http://download.yousendit.com/F26AAC637B0F942D

To record I did the following:

Walden acoustic -> Audacity (using the microphone in my laptop)

3 tracks - one panned 30% to the left, one 30% to the right, the third track is the solo which isn't panned

Excuse the hiss during the solo - I tried to do the professional thing and boost the volume but that just boosted the noise with it

There are a few mistakes there but who cares. I was planning on re-recording the solo as I didn't do the best job I could have done. I play this song in my band but was still a bit surprised at how hard it was playing it on acoustic - a lot of bends with those heavy acoustic strings. My fingers just aren't used to it. I still have the Audacity project if any newbies want to hear how it was put together.

Let me know what you think.

Edited by twistedthoughts

It's pretty damn tight, which is most important :) and sounds like all the parts are near perfect except the solo which is kinda lifeless, but as you said, it's hard to make heavy acoustic strings sing, I overcome that by having heavier gauge strings on my electric ;) but awesome job dude, I enjoyed it thoroughly :D

Edited by pain cake

It's pretty damn tight, which is most important :) and sounds like all the parts are near perfect except the solo which is kinda lifeless, but as you said, it's hard to make heavy acoustic strings sing, I overcome that by having heavier gauge strings on my electric ;) but awesome job dude, I enjoyed it thoroughly :D

Cheers man, thanks for listening. I have to agree with you on the solo - I'm starting to think I should have just winged it. Might take your advice re: heavier strings on my electric...but not for gigs though. I need to be able to perform my acrobatics with ease at gigs.

I can attribute the "tightness" to playing with a click track. I can't emphasise this enough to people who are wanting to record. You NEED to be able to lock in tight with a click track. You need to be able to anticipate the beat and play ON the beat. If you're playing just after the beat, you're out of time.