So I saw Eagles of Death Metal live tonight...

SterileEyes

Opening for GNR to then opening for Queens of the Stoneage. Goes to show there not going anywhere but down in the music industry.

Clearly you're not aware of the relationship between the Eagles Of Death Metal and Queens of the Stoneage.

Josh Homme, frontman for QOSTA is a founding member and part-time drummer for the EODM. He and Jesse Hughes are really old friends.

Opening for GNR to then opening for Queens of the Stoneage. Goes to show there not going anywhere but down in the music industry.

Clearly you're not aware of the relationship between the Eagles Of Death Metal and Queens of the Stoneage.

Josh Homme, frontman for QOSTA is a founding member and part-time drummer for the EODM. He and Jesse Hughes are really old friends.

Of course, if they were any good, they wouldn't need to be a support act for anyone.

How tight were Jesse's trousers? Did you see an outline of his fabulous weapon?

Pretty damn tight and no...make of that what you will.

Wow. Did you feel like a big man?

Oh please, lighten up brah! The guy messed with Axl, this is a fan forum!

Besides, it was at the Orange County Fair. Who am I trying to impress?

You know, they still have your money.

Well, no. As I clearly state in the subject line, I was there for Queens of the Stone Age - my 8th time seeing them since 1999. In fact, I didn't even know EODM would be there until I showed up at the venue. But nice try.

I'm sure everyone thought you were very cool.

Yes of course. A Pit(t)maniac who's apparently obsessed with Del James is very cool as well. No one would get it except Jesse and I. I was 10th row and I know he heard me several times. That's the beauty of it.

And I actually enjoyed their set. I'm not above admitting that they know how to entertain a crowd. I applauded when songs were finished and had myself a good time. I still felt like giving him shit for never shutting up about Axl in the press. It's called having your cake and eating it too.

Leave Queens out of this, THEY'RE (not there) a great band.

Ok. that's everyone! :xmasschef2:

Edited by SterileEyes

Well if you were having fun then why feel the need to be a dick? Maybe if you were rockin' out and dancing then they would have known you were kidding *shrug*...would have been a kickass show though :).

And I shouted "PIGEONS!!!! YEEEEEEEAH PIIIIGEONS!!!!" between every song when it got quiet.

Just thought I'd share :xmassrudolph:

You know, they still have your money.

:lol: :lol:

oh and i laughed even harder 'cause of your sig :rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol: I laughed harder at what I found when I complied with his sig

I'm going to take this time to say:

Era Vulgaris > Songs For The Deaf.

Yeah, I know that'll be unpopular, but after many listens, EV just has superior songs. I'm not taking anything away from SFTD either. It's a damn good album too.

Yeah, I know that'll be unpopular, but after many listens, EV just has superior songs. I'm not taking anything away from SFTD either. It's a damn good album too.

I'm impressed you can pick a favorite...they're pretty consistent!

I'd say with confidence that Lullabies is my least favorite...but then again "Someone's In The Wolf" is my favorite song of theirs.

Have you heard their first (out of print) self-titled album?

They played Sick Sick Sick, Into The Hollow, Misfit Love, Battery Acid, Makeit Witchu and 3's & 7's from EV and Do It Again, Go With The Flow, Song for the Dead and No One Knows from SFTD.

I gotta say it was rather lame to only get a 60 minute headlining set...but Josh had knee surgery on Wednesday so I guess he gets a free pass this time.

I'm impressed you can pick a favorite...they're pretty consistent!

I'd say with confidence that Lullabies is my least favorite...but then again "Someone's In The Wolf" is my favorite song of theirs.

Have you heard their first (out of print) self-titled album?

They played Sick Sick Sick, Into The Hollow, Misfit Love, Battery Acid, Makeit Witchu and 3's & 7's from EV and Do It Again, Go With The Flow, Song for the Dead and No One Knows from SFTD.

I gotta say it was rather lame to only get a 60 minute headlining set...but Josh had knee surgery on Wednesday so I guess he gets a free pass this time.

No, I haven't heard it actually.

It's disappointing that they didn't play I'm Designer off of EV, though. I think that's one of my favourites for sure.

I'm not sure if it's better, but it's right up there. Great album. Songs For The Deaf had Grohl, Lanegan and Oliveri, which kinda still gives it the edge, imo. I really do miss Nick's thumping bass, insane howls, and fun little songs like Six Shooter and Quick and to the Pointless, which he was all over.