Peter Criss: One For All (New solo album by THE CATMAN)

Teroz

The awsome the one and only Peter "Catman" Criss (ex-KISS) is back! And he's catter than ever!

671920.jpg

His new solo album is called One for all! I must say (and I'm sad to say) that this is by far the worst production work that I have heard for an "pro" release. Also Peters vocals and drum work are way way off. I haven't heard a single good review yet and mine isn't very flattering either. It's bad - really really bad. Like I said the production is a joke, the playing is shite, and everything else - including the cover - is really cheesy. It's a shame caus I've always liked the Catman, even more than I liked the Scatman.

You can listen to 30 sec samples of all songs here:

http://www.amazon.com/One-All-Peter-Criss/...6893&sr=8-1

Also the title track can be heard on youtube.

What do you think?

Ugh. After listening to those samples, ugh.

Peter Criss can't fucking sing to save his life.

Beth and Hard Luck Woman are probably the only songs he's sounded good on.

Yeah tell me about it. He's always sounded a bit out of tune live, but these are studio versions. Did he just have time for one take or what on earth?

My fav Peter track is Dirty Livin - thats imo by far the best.

I loved black diamond.....

he had a grittier voice than Paul Stanley with more range than Gene

The album sounds too ballad heavy, but the instrumentation makes up for it in the long run. I like the lead guitar work on space ace. Was it played by Ace?

Edited by Bucketslash

The album sounds too ballad heavy, but the instrumentation makes up for it in the long run. I like the lead guitar work on space ace. Was it played by Ace?

Peter was the main singer on Black Diamond?!

I didn't know that.

Out on the streets for a livin....! rock3

Was it played by Ace?

I yeah how could I forget Black Diamond - that's the best vocal work from Peter. Great song, especially live.

The album isn't officially out yet, but as fas as I know Ace doesn't play on the album. But anyone seen the new Dunkin Donuts commercial that has Ace in makeup? :)

not that good anyway how old is the catman :o

I think that the catman is born in Dec 1945, so he's 61 at the moment.

Here's a list of his solo albums:

Peter Criss (1978 - the KISS solo album)

Out of Control (1980)

Let Me Rock You (1982)

Criss: Cat #1 (1994 - small release)

One for All (2007)

There's some good tunes on his 80ties releases and even on Criss Cat#1, but this newest one is just 100% the worst album he has ever done.

The lead guitar on "Space Ace" was played by writing partner Mike Mclaughlin, who was Peter's lead guitarist in "Criss" in the early 90's. In fact all the guitar work on "One For All" is played by Mclaughlin.

I'll probably buy this album eventually, even it is pretty bad.

I've always thought (like Gene) that Peter has a good singing voice, he just can't control it and has major pitch problems. Beth is probably my favorite song that's sung by him (I'd say Black Diamond, but I actually preferred Eric Carr's voice and drumming on that song).