Queen

pain cake

I've always had their greatest hits, but only really gave it a good listen a few days ago, and now I'm absolutely hooked on them! Their stuff is so poppy and flamboyant, but at the same time really bad ass. So what recomendations can you people make? I hear A night at the Opera is meant to be good, any sugestions?

I recommed Innuendo (the whole album) - it's so intense. Freddie did it while he was very sick.. The lyrics are really emotional. But there's still poppy cathcy melodies, allthough parts of the album are dark.

I've always had their greatest hits, but only really gave it a good listen a few days ago, and now I'm absolutely hooked on them! Their stuff is so poppy and flamboyant, but at the same time really bad ass. So what recomendations can you people make? I hear A night at the Opera is meant to be good, any sugestions?

Do you just have Greatest Hits? There is another similiar album called Classic Queen that has another 17 or so songs.

Queen's back-catalogue is so diverse, you really should check out everything you can find. You might not directly get into a few songs of each album, but for these songs there are always one or two tracks which immediately grab your attention because of their pure awesomeness.

Check out A Night At The Opera, Jazz, The Game, and Innuendo ;)

..yeah and all their albums are great!! I love Queen!!! They are so impressive in their music, soo.. mm I'm not sure I'll find the appropriate words but they are truly genius!

And I agree that the Innuendo is really STRONG in lyrics while A night at the opera is like "Music that nobody ever done before"... Mixture of opera and rock and a bit of a pop... It's great..no it's more than great!

You should check the album Made in heaven.. there are some really emotional and good songs!

If there's a God or any kind of justice under the sky

If there's a point, if there's a reason to live or die

If there's an answer to the questions we feel bound to ask

Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Oh yes we'll keep on trying

Hey tread that fine line

Yeah we'll keep on smiling yeah

And whatever will be - will be

We'll just keep on trying

We'll just keep on trying

Till the end of time

Till the end of time

Till the end of time

LOVE QUEEN!

Edited by Nefertiti

If there are people who can buy every led zep album, then why not green, who are definitly better as musicians(everyone could sing and could play guitar, bass, atleast a rudimentary knowledge of drums, and piano)

What to Buy:(in order)

A Night At The Opera

A Day At The Races

News of the World

Sheer Heart Attack

Queen 2

Jazz

Queen

Live Killers

The Game

The Miracle

Innuendo

The Works

Live At Wembley

Made In Heaven

thats about all you NEED, the rest you can grab for singles, including:a few songs off flash gordon, under preassure and etc.