Metallica’s New Album: “Ridiculous,” “Sick,” “Bitchin’” Says Matt Sorum

G n F n R

if it's anything like st. anger it's gonna suck massive nuts.

I don't think bands are allowed to have two extremely bad albums.

they've had exremely bad albums since 1996 :( hopefully this will change

I meant in a row...

UYI & II..

:tongue2:

The good thing about this album is it will come out, unlike another cd that is from a band who were buddies with Metallica back in the day.

Motley Crue?

:rofl-lol:

Lmao.

Wouldnt it be cool if Metallica did an album of Beatallica covers. :drevil: Maybe.

I'll check it out for sure, but did'nt we hear similar types of stuff before St.Anger came out, about them " getting back to their roots"?

We'll see. I just think the whole dynamic of this band has changed, and it'll be difficult for them to get back without it sounding forced.

Load and Reload aren't awful albums by any stretch. They're just different from what everyone expected. If Metallica had combined the best songs from each album and made it one, it would be 10 times better than TBA.

i totally agree, i'd take both those albums before st.anger, metallica needed a change, they were heading in the right direction, then st.anger came along.

Exactly. They were heading in a good direction. I mean, No Leaf Clover (written for S&M), was one of the best songs Metallica had written in years. Then the band had tons of problems and St. Anger was something they needed to get out. I'm glad they released it, so now they can focus on putting out a great record.

It's interesting how when you hear the unreleased St. Anger demos, they sound a lot like TBA, but then the final product sounds nothing like it. Obviously, they wanted to change the sound of the album before it came out.