Bumblefoot singing Knockin' On Heaven's Door

1) If you weren't even alive when the real band was together and you are here saying this "Nu Era" shit is better, YOU ARE A CLUELESS FUCKING TOOL.

Whether or not it's better - the fact is, it's now. Not 20 years ago. When you were, 9/10?

And, out of interest - did you see the "old" lineup of Guns? And - have you seen the current lineup?

Saw the Illusion lineup in 92'.

Seen Axl's new band a couple times last year.

By the way, thanks for the kind words when that dildo started that poll.

I personally enjoy our jaunts, regardless of whether or not I agree w/ you.

Slash Guitarist - You're cool in my book too. B)

Makketue - eat shit.

bba

Edited by bringbackadler

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) If you weren't even alive when the real band was together and you are here saying this "Nu Era" shit is better, YOU ARE A CLUELESS FUCKING TOOL.

Whether or not it's better - the fact is, it's now. Not 20 years ago. When you were, 9/10?

And, out of interest - did you see the "old" lineup of Guns? And - have you seen the current lineup?

What "old" line up are we talking about? 1985-1990 or 1990-1996?

*edit*

Stop the bashing. Use the pm system if you wanna express your love for eachother.

Ron - Knockin' on heavens door

Edited by droezle

bba

Cool ^^ - did you enjoy it last year?

And not a problem -you seem to be a cool guy, even if we do disagree. Our nature ;):P

Sandy.

bba

Cool ^^ - did you enjoy it last year?

And not a problem -you seem to be a cool guy, even if we do disagree. Our nature ;):P

Sandy.

Did I enjoy it ?

I was drunk and Axl was there. So yeah, I had a good time.

Do I think the band had the same energy that I saw in 92'? Not a chance.

But I had a good time. In 92' I was mesmerized by all the solos. Last year, I couldn't wait for them to end. (I'm honestly not trying to piss any of you Nu Era diehards off w/ that statement. It's just my personal opinion).

Also, I left out that I saw the band in 2002 in Pittsburgh.

For the record, I'd take Tobias over Fortus any day of the fucking week.

bba

Edited by bringbackadler

Something about the Osaka jam. Thanx to Jarmo for the info.

Some more details from those who remember:

At first, everybody was waiting for the guitar and bass to arrive so there was only piano and drums.

Liquor & Whores featured Bumble and Yakayoshi together on piano with Bubbles and Axl singing, Frank on drums.

Then the guitars arrived and Tommy played bass on a couple of numbers before Bubbles took over.

Axl sang It's Not Unusual (by Tom Jones) with Bumble,

Whole Lotta Love (Led Zeppelin) was played.

Bumblefoot sang Beautiful and Angie while announcing it like a lounge singer "Everybody, put your hands in the air for Mr. Richard Fortus!"

Used To Love Her was played along with Knockin' On Heaven's Door, I Want You To Want Me (Cheap Trick) and Strutter (Kiss). The last three (or four?) featured Bumblefoot on vocals.

Then Axl sang Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC) and it turned into a long trippy jam.

Patience and Nice Boys were also played.

These songs might be out of order, but you get the idea.

/jarmo

BBA is nothing but an asshole trying to grow his post amount. Seriously i really cant see your point whining all the time in every thread without a point "Shut up kid u werent even born then."

I can belive that you are physically almost thirty but mentally it's more close to thirteen you are acting exactly like me when i was in that age. But it went over, i guess some people will be assholes forever...

Everyone has seen proshots from UYI tour and they are pretty high quality stuff, that's why Their opinion is as good as yours actually better because they are so much better argumented than yours...

Pls go Fuck yourself Kaneda2

BBA is nothing but an asshole trying to grow his post amount. Seriously i really cant see your point whining all the time in every thread without a point "Shut up kid u werent even born then."

I can belive that you are physically almost thirty but mentally it's more close to thirteen you are acting exactly like me when i was in that age. But it went over, i guess some people will be assholes forever...

Everyone has seen proshots from UYI tour and they are pretty high quality stuff, that's why Their opinion is as good as yours actually better because they are so much better argumented than yours...

Pls go Fuck yourself Kaneda2

Ok, now you guys go in the yard and fight... so that way we can continue to talk about the topic...

Ban bba he's the biggest jackass and GN'R hater in this board. And yes Ron is great singer. = ) And cool as hell too.

Just for the record, this douche was born the same year the Illusions were released.

Teach me little man, teach me about the great rock band GN'R. What were they like in there heyday? How was it to see them live ?

Come back and talk to me after you are old enough to drive.

Until then, piss off.

bba

Exsqueeze me, do you handjob whenever you say "just for the record" ?

dont answer that i can only imagine...coming from a 1 month old forum member...your opinion dosnt matter! if ur so "old" and "all knowledge" why are you acting like a 15 year old...always bitching,handjob all day...?JUST FOR THE RECORD.... what does age have to do with good music ?so i was just 3 when the illusions were out...so ? i prolly love those albums more then you do...and i can piss on this new band any day of the week for the old one

and i drive too...so you wanna feel my weel on your head?

Ban bba he's the biggest jackass and GN'R hater in this board. And yes Ron is great singer. = ) And cool as hell too.

Just for the record, this douche was born the same year the Illusions were released.

Teach me little man, teach me about the great rock band GN'R. What were they like in there heyday? How was it to see them live ?

Come back and talk to me after you are old enough to drive.

Until then, piss off.

bba

Exsqueeze me, do you handjob whenever you say "just for the record" ?

dont answer that i can only imagine...coming from a 1 month old forum member...your opinion dosnt matter! if ur so "old" and "all knowledge" why are you acting like a 15 year old...always bitching,handjob all day...?JUST FOR THE RECORD.... what does age have to do with good music ?so i was just 3 when the illusions were out...so ? i prolly love those albums more then you do...and i can piss on this new band any day of the week for the old one

and i drive too...so you wanna feel my weel on your head?

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Friendly warning to all caught up in the little war in this thread.

Please take it to PM if you want to duke it out.

This is a cool bit of news in this thread,and personally,I would have loved to be there to witness it.

People want to discuss it without having to sift through countless bullshit bitching posts.

thanks

BBA stfu. What the hell does age has to do with anything? I still seem to know hell of a lot more about this band than you. At least im not some washed up loser age 40 who sits on computer whole day and dosent even have wife or girlfriend. Sorry for OFFTOPIC mods.

2) I'm not 40, I'm almost 30.

3) Washed up loser ? Graduated high school, went to college, graduated from college, work for a descent company, making descent money, own a home, drive a descent ride..... I guess that could make me a loser ?

4) You're right, I don't have a wife. I have a live in girlfriend. ( Sorry, were you interested?

One of these days you may have a girlfriend too, but til then, living with mommy will have to do.

Give her a kiss for me. Trust me, she doesn't mind. :kiss:

bba

what the hell are you talkin about?!!?

How old are you?nearly 30!?!?Looking at your reply it seems that you are 12 years old.

1.Age doesnt matter at all.I'm 23 and I did not have the chance to see the original band but I've seen tons of bootlegs like so many of us here and I CAN have a personal opinion(same as your) even if I did NOT attended any old shows.

2.Telling us that you got money,car and a (ugly or beautiful)girlfriend makes you think that we believe you are not a loser?! Trust me,writing stuff like that on a internet board makes you a REAL WASHED UP LOSER.

3.If you dislike this band,why the hell are you here?!

3.1)A loser is a loser with or without a FERRARI(example)

4. Bumble got talent

Edited by oneAXLinamillion

Bumblefoot rules, there is very little he's done in his time in the band that's been anything short of magical. He's resurrected Don't cry, brough personality to buckethead's role (not that i disliked bucket, i just prefer Ron's "rocker" stance on things) and also brought a humanity to the band, something that people who are here only to criticise and bitch don't recognise.

BBA stfu. What the hell does age has to do with anything? I still seem to know hell of a lot more about this band than you. At least im not some washed up loser age 40 who sits on computer whole day and dosent even have wife or girlfriend. Sorry for OFFTOPIC mods.

2) I'm not 40, I'm almost 30.

3) Washed up loser ? Graduated high school, went to college, graduated from college, work for a descent company, making descent money, own a home, drive a descent ride..... I guess that could make me a loser ?

4) You're right, I don't have a wife. I have a live in girlfriend. ( Sorry, were you interested?

One of these days you may have a girlfriend too, but til then, living with mommy will have to do.

Give her a kiss for me. Trust me, she doesn't mind. :kiss:

bba

1)It would be decent to decently spell decent as decent especially if you went to college.

2) I was ten when Appetite came out and I am mighty glad that its sound has survived the era of Cobain and his clones, the era of the boy bands, the era of Eminem, the era of Hip Hop and whatever other shit that came after GNR and still be strong enough to inspire and generate admiration in people who were only born at that time or even after. Credit for that goes to both Appetite for being truly great and these folks may have born late but still have the sense to realize how great GNR is. In fact, I think that they should be called bigger fans of GNR than those who were around at the time, because they grew up with all the shit that came after.

Edited by The Archer

Something about the Osaka jam. Thanx to Jarmo for the info.

Some more details from those who remember:

At first, everybody was waiting for the guitar and bass to arrive so there was only piano and drums.

Liquor & Whores featured Bumble and Yakayoshi together on piano with Bubbles and Axl singing, Frank on drums.

Then the guitars arrived and Tommy played bass on a couple of numbers before Bubbles took over.

Axl sang It's Not Unusual (by Tom Jones) with Bumble,

Whole Lotta Love (Led Zeppelin) was played.

Bumblefoot sang Beautiful and Angie while announcing it like a lounge singer "Everybody, put your hands in the air for Mr. Richard Fortus!"

Used To Love Her was played along with Knockin' On Heaven's Door, I Want You To Want Me (Cheap Trick) and Strutter (Kiss). The last three (or four?) featured Bumblefoot on vocals.

Then Axl sang Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC) and it turned into a long trippy jam.

Patience and Nice Boys were also played.

These songs might be out of order, but you get the idea.

/jarmo

great to hear that Axl sand WLR. I wish they would do an official cover though.