Bumblefoot singing Knockin' On Heaven's Door

BBA stfu. What the hell does age has to do with anything? I still seem to know hell of a lot more about this band than you. At least im not some washed up loser age 40 who sits on computer whole day and dosent even have wife or girlfriend. Sorry for OFFTOPIC mods.

1) If you weren't even alive when the real band was together and you are here saying this "Nu Era" shit is better, YOU ARE A CLUELESS FUCKING TOOL.

2) I'm not 40, I'm almost 30.

3) Washed up loser ? Graduated high school, went to college, graduated from college, work for a descent company, making descent money, own a home, drive a descent ride..... I guess that could make me a loser ?

4) You're right, I don't have a wife. I have a live in girlfriend. ( Sorry, were you interested?

One of these days you may have a girlfriend too, but til then, living with mommy will have to do.

Give her a kiss for me. Trust me, she doesn't mind. :kiss:

bba

1)It would be decent to spell decent as decent.

2) I was ten when Appetite came out and I am mighty glad that its sound has survived the era of Cobain and his clones, the era of the boy bands, the era of Eminem, the era of Hip Hop and whatever other shit that came after GNR and still be strong enough tol inspire and generate admiration in people who were only born at that time or even after. Credit for that goes to both Appetite for being truly great and these folks may have born late but still have the sense to realize how great GNR is. In fact, I think that they should be called bigger fans of GNR than those who were around at the time, because they grew up with all the shit that came after.

Now THAT was a stupid comment!! How the fuck can you tell me that some kid is a bigger fan than I , when I paid for GNR albums, t-shirts, pictures, and all kinds of other merchandise, when the guys who wrote and perfomed the ONLY OFFICIAL GUNS N ROSES were together and got a cut of the money I spent. While I was rocking out to Axl and Slash and turning other friends on to the band, these kids were watching Barney!! And they are bigger fans than those of us who bought AFD BEFORE UYI CAME OUT and the GUYS WHO PERFORMED ON THE ALBUM actually got a cut !?!?

What it comes down to is: You can choose to say you like the current GNR better than the original GNR, but thats just ridiculous. The only way you can have that viewpoint is if you were too young to understand THE GUNS N ROSES THAT RELEASED ALBUMS. There is a band that has been touring undr the name Guns N Roses, because Axl owns the name and he can let anyone he wants be a member of Guns N Roses. But most of the people on ALL the GNR forums are fans on the band that wrote and recorded the songs on AFD AND UYI. After that point, what is there to be a fan of? Dont get me wrong, I saw this incarnation twice last year and I loved it. But from 88-94 I was a HUGE fan of Axl and Slash and more so Axl. I will always be a fan of Axl and until this current group of guys that Axl calls Guns N Roses releases some official music, they are not worthy of the title. Wow, "these guys can pay the fuck out of those songs", so can a million other people. Face it, when you put in a CD that was officially released by a band called Guns N Roses,you wont hear any of the guys currently being called GNR on it, except for Axl. He can buy the name and knight anyone he so chooses- but thats when it becomes a BRAND and not a BAND! To call this group Guns N Roses is really pushing it, and to say you prefer this group of guys of the original GNR is just fuckin ignorant.

Edited by gnfnr2006

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was cool to see Bubbles on stage playing bass. Perhaps Tommy's planning to take a break from the party next year and they've hired Bubbles as his understudy. Bubbles might be this years Frank. I'd be stoked to have a fellow Canadian in the GnR family. 2007 is the year of Del James and Sunnyvale Trailer Park.

Ban bba he's the biggest jackass and GN'R hater in this board. And yes Ron is great singer. = ) And cool as hell too.

Just for the record, this douche was born the same year the Illusions were released.

Teach me little man, teach me about the great rock band GN'R. What were they like in there heyday? How was it to see them live ?

Come back and talk to me after you are old enough to drive.

Until then, piss off.

bba

i like you man.. true gnr fan!!! rock1 rock2 rock3rock4

BBA stfu. What the hell does age has to do with anything? I still seem to know hell of a lot more about this band than you. At least im not some washed up loser age 40 who sits on computer whole day and dosent even have wife or girlfriend. Sorry for OFFTOPIC mods.

1) If you weren't even alive when the real band was together and you are here saying this "Nu Era" shit is better, YOU ARE A CLUELESS FUCKING TOOL.

3) Washed up loser ? Graduated high school, went to college, graduated from college, work for a descent company, making descent money, own a home, drive a descent ride..... I guess that could make me a loser ?

4) You're right, I don't have a wife. I have a live in girlfriend. ( Sorry, were you interested?

One of these days you may have a girlfriend too, but til then, living with mommy will have to do.

bba

this is not an insult reply this is just to clear things

well now i know what's your problem with many of the young people in this forum:

you think we prefer nugnr to old gnr

well that's not true (with some exceptions like for example chrisaxl) its more like we've accepted the fact that the old band is gone and we just enjoy what we have: the new band but anyway most of us take the old gnr any day of the week

with that said you shouldn't just dismiss our opinion because its not our fault not to have been born before and plz dont say we're not real fans because we enjoy the music as much you do and we love the band as much as you do and we're even posting in an internet forum about them and i think that's more than enough to be real fans

and i respect your opinion about the new band you're more than entitled to think what you want i just wanted to clear some things to avoid another argument with all of us in every thread abou nugnr ok? :)

I've never been impressed by Ron's guitar playing.

Now I can confirm the same about his singing.

bba

You are obviously an idiot and should stop posting all together. :sleeper:

Just for the record, this guy was only 2 when the Illusions were released. (check his profile)

Sorry bro, your opinion is worthless.

Please fuck off.

bba

What does my age have to do with Thals playing and singing abilities? Obviously you know nothing, you are the one that supports a burn out drummer. How does it feel that even on an internet forum no one likes you?

i like bba.....

he knows what he wants and sticks with it, even though there is only an absolutly miniscule chance that it'll happen, he still remains hopeful. i think that's repectable. theres no reason to insult a musician whom you've never met. i personally like bbf, and bba stated he did not. he didn't say that "he sux", he said he didn't care for him. that is just a personal opinion, feel free to disagree with him if you desire, but don't insult the guy. and certainly don't insult adler who has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

I've never been impressed by Ron's guitar playing.

Now I can confirm the same about his singing.

bba

You are obviously an idiot and should stop posting all together. :sleeper:

Just for the record, this guy was only 2 when the Illusions were released. (check his profile)

Sorry bro, your opinion is worthless.

Please fuck off.

bba

What does my age have to do with Thals playing and singing abilities? Obviously you know nothing, you are the one that supports a burn out drummer. How does it feel that even on an internet forum no one likes you?

i like bba.....

That's cute. Maybe you should get a room and show him how much you like him ;)

Your comments still don't change the fact that Adler is a drug addict and a wash-up, though :rolleyes:

1)Give her a kiss for me. Trust me, she doesn't mind. :kiss:

bba

1)It would be decent to spell decent as decent.

2) I was ten when Appetite came out and I am mighty glad that its sound has survived the era of Cobain and his clones, the era of the boy bands, the era of Eminem, the era of Hip Hop and whatever other shit that came after GNR and still be strong enough tol inspire and generate admiration in people who were only born at that time or even after. Credit for that goes to both Appetite for being truly great and these folks may have born late but still have the sense to realize how great GNR is. In fact, I think that they should be called bigger fans of GNR than those who were around at the time, because they grew up with all the shit that came after.

Now THAT was a stupid comment!! How the fuck can you tell me that some kid is a bigger fan than I , when I paid for GNR albums, t-shirts, pictures, and all kinds of other merchandise, when the guys who wrote and perfomed the ONLY OFFICIAL GUNS N ROSES were together and got a cut of the money I spent. While I was rocking out to Axl and Slash and turning other friends on to the band, these kids were watching Barney!! And they are bigger fans than those of us who bought AFD BEFORE UYI CAME OUT and the GUYS WHO PERFORMED ON THE ALBUM actually got a cut !?!?

What it comes down to is: You can choose to say you like the current GNR better than the original GNR, but thats just ridiculous. The only way you can have that viewpoint is if you were too young to understand THE GUNS N ROSES THAT RELEASED ALBUMS. There is a band that has been touring undr the name Guns N Roses, because Axl owns the name and he can let anyone he wants be a member of Guns N Roses. But most of the people on ALL the GNR forums are fans on the band that wrote and recorded the songs on AFD AND UYI. After that point, what is there to be a fan of? Dont get me wrong, I saw this incarnation twice last year and I loved it. But from 88-94 I was a HUGE fan of Axl and Slash and more so Axl. I will always be a fan of Axl and until this current group of guys that Axl calls Guns N Roses releases some official music, they are not worthy of the title. Wow, "these guys can pay the fuck out of those songs", so can a million other people. Face it, when you put in a CD that was officially released by a band called Guns N Roses,you wont hear any of the guys currently being called GNR on it, except for Axl. He can buy the name and knight anyone he so chooses- but thats when it becomes a BRAND and not a BAND! To call this group Guns N Roses is really pushing it, and to say you prefer this group of guys of the original GNR is just fuckin ignorant.

1) If you can read, you will see that I didn't compare the new line up to the old, so all the blabbering about branding and legitimacy is out of place. If you want to wait to give the current line up any credit till only after they've released an album, that's fine and it is your right to like what you want to, when you want to. However, you totally missed what I was saying in the middle of your own pointless rant.

2) I was pointing out that no one has a right to call someone who is a teen or younger and is growing up now a lesser fan of the band just because they were born at a later time. If they are passionate enough about the band to be on a board like this and publicize this line up they would probably do the same things as any older fan, if they were lucky enough to be around at the same time and place. They too are fans of the original line up of Guns N' Roses which is why both the band and the brand still captivate their imaginations. I find it incredible that someone growing up in the middle of all the mindless crap playing on the radio stations/MTV/VH1 these days can be as passionate as some of those whom we see on this board. I think it's just great that the music of Guns N Roses past and present reaches out to them.

3) In some way, everyone on this board, even those who are outwardly derisive of Axl Rose, believe in him and his leadership of both the band and the brand through all these years and hope that their faith in him, however meagre or unadmitted, will be justified in some measure. I cannot imagine why they would still be on this board otherwise, unless they are jobless and have time to waste.

4) Bickering and claiming that one is a bigger fan than another because he/she is older or lived in this place or that and got to see this/that line up or bought this much merchandise etc. is just very silly. Believing that you have a right over a band to the extent that some people do, because they have done all of the above, is downright stupid.Just my general observation from what I've seen on this board - nothing personal.

Edited by The Archer

bba

So why justify yourself to a bunch of 'clueless fucking tools'?

Are you really that desperate for approval from a bunch of fags on a fan forum with nothing better to do?

And fyi, of course if anyone actually thinks this line-up is better at this moment in time, there a complete tool. But, age doesn't matter. These guys haven't released a single thing, they can't be better..as much as I love & support 'em all.

Some people on this board... :rolleyes: Act your fucking age.

You must lead a sad life to whine and bitch about things you supposedly have no care for.

If you don't like it, stay the fuck out of these threads.

:fuckyou:

Anyway, moral of the story is, Ron is amazing.

:xmassrudolph:

This is fucking awsome, that post that shooting made with the youtube link of Ron is priceless. NEver knew Ron could sing like that...makes me wanna pick up a few of his albums. Does anyone know if there was any kind of video for all this?

and BBA, you can't go and baselessly flame someone and discriminate against them because of their age and use that to shit all over their opinion...especially when it is a much more common one than yours. If you want to talk about age, grow up and act yours.

A8R

• 5 years later...

6 years later, bumblefeet has done jackshit with Axl.......

the real gnr did so many things from 1990 to 1996... or from 1985 to 1991

2007-2013 has been a waste of time

Huh? They released Chinese Democracy in 2008. If you feel that album is a waste of time I suggest you stop following Guns N' Roses.