Hinder

krissirge

Krissirge, you seriously have the worst taste of anyone on earth. Really. Worse than Chris Axl. You don't like anything remotely good, and all your favourite artists are shit stains on the underpants of American culture. Get some culture, get some taste; grow up.

And yet I'm on a GNR forum :rolleyes:

Oh wait,I like the fact that you seem to dictate what is culture and what is taste or did you just copy it from music critics.

Growing up is something you have yet to master yourself.

Now go and don't get pissed off if I actually bother to say anything that's remotely negative about your favorite bands.

My post was a bit harsh, but seriously, dude - it's not a matter of what the critics say, it's a matter of common sense. Limp Bizkit is an awful band and so is Hinder. I've never seen you praise a band that most people would consider remotely talented. I get the feeling that you do it for attention much in the same way as Thomas Meadows, and it gets a bit old.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krissirge, you seriously have the worst taste of anyone on earth. Really. Worse than Chris Axl. You don't like anything remotely good, and all your favourite artists are shit stains on the underpants of American culture. Get some culture, get some taste; grow up.

Oh wait,I like the fact that you seem to dictate what is culture and what is taste or did you just copy it from music critics.

Now go and don't get pissed off if I actually bother to say anything that's remotely negative about your favorite bands.

My post was a bit harsh, but seriously, dude - it's not a matter of what the critics say, it's a matter of common sense. Limp Bizkit is an awful band and so is Hinder. I've never seen you praise a band that most people would consider remotely talented. I get the feeling that you do it for attention much in the same way as Thomas Meadows, and it gets a bit old.

Maybe its because you don't bother looking for my posts at most threads, kinda makes your argument false then.

http://www.last.fm/user/krissirge Of course,I only listen to these bands to get attention,since nobody can actually like these bands right,some common sense to you ;)

Maybe its because you don't bother looking for my posts at most threads, kinda makes your argument false then.

http://www.last.fm/user/krissirge Of course,I only listen to these bands to get attention,since nobody can actually like these bands right,some common sense to you ;)

No, I've seen your posts in other threads. You always hijack musical discussions by saying something like, "Music from the '60s sucks, Limp Bizkit is better." Gets a bit tiring.

As for your last.fm page - do people listen to that shit in Estonia? Maybe it's a cultural thing. I know hair/sleaze metal is big in Norway and other European countries for some reason. The whole retro sleaze thing caught on there. Maybe nu metal and shitty outdated rock music is big in Estonia and it's not your fault that you like it?

But sorry, listening to Creed and Bryan Adams is unforgivable no matter where you're from. I pray to God you accidentally download a Ryan Adams album one day in one of your searches for Bryan.

Edited by Estranged Reality

No, I've seen your posts in other threads. You always hijack musical discussions by saying something like, "Music from the '60s sucks, Limp Bizkit is better." Gets a bit tiring.

As for your last.fm page - do people listen to that shit in Estonia? Maybe it's a cultural thing. I know hair/sleaze metal is big in Norway and other European countries for some reason. The whole retro sleaze thing caught on there. Maybe nu metal and shitty outdated rock music is big in Estonia and it's not your fault that you like it?

But sorry, listening to Creed and Bryan Adams is unforgivable no matter where you're from. I pray to God you accidentally download a Ryan Adams album one day in one of your searches for Bryan.

first of all,you have not seen my posts in other threads,If you have,then you should know,that when I say something negative,then everybody else seems to bring up Limp Bizkit,now that gets old.I've even pointed to that fact a couple of times.

We'll KoRn is big here,they just sold out a 8000 seat arena here,Bryan Adams sold a 3000-4000 seat arena.I guess here people don't start a backlash to popular bands as fast as for example in the US,so bands are popular for a longer period of time.

And Ryan Adams :rofl-lol: I'll just say the whole style is horrible and this guy always seemed to me like somebody who just uses the name to get attention ;)

first of all,you have not seen my posts in other threads,If you have,then you should know,that when I say something negative,then everybody else seems to bring up Limp Bizkit,now that gets old.I've even pointed to that fact a couple of times.

We'll KoRn is big here,they just sold out a 8000 seat arena here,Bryan Adams sold a 3000-4000 seat arena.I guess here people don't start a backlash to popular bands as fast as for example in the US,so bands are popular for a longer period of time.

And Ryan Adams :rofl-lol: I'll just say the whole style is horrible and this guy always seemed to me like somebody who just uses the name to get attention ;)

Ryan Adams is his real name. Why would he be using his birth name for attention?

And he's far more respected than Bryan Adams.

Ryan Adams is his real name. Why would he be using his birth name for attention?

hehe,respect comes from fear,mainly,the fear of getting kicked out of his show when he discovers that you are a Bryan Adams fan

hehe,respect comes from fear,mainly,the fear of getting kicked out of his show when he discovers that you are a Bryan Adams fan

Respect comes from good music.

Look ER, I like you a lot - but as much as I dislike the music krissirge listens to, nobody has any place to tell him it's shit and that he should be listening to something else. If it's what he likes, it's what he likes man...

I was really just trying to figure out if it's all an act on his part. I figured if I could get a rise out of him maybe the truth would come out. I honestly thought this was all an "act" - just look at his signature; it's obviously for attention.

That's why I backed off once he posted his last.fm page and I realized he seems to be legit - I wouldn't tell anyone what to listen to, not really my style... but I did think he was just using a false persona, and I thought calling him on it might cause him to reveal more. I just found it hard to believe someone really likes all of those bands. Everyone has guilty favourites, but... oh well, to each his own.

Edited by Estranged Reality

• 3 months later...

Hinder, the Oklahoma dude-rock quintet, are making their new album in Vancouver, B.C.—but not in any place you’ll find in a guidebook. “We’re somewhere on the border between Cracktown and Herointown,” says singer Austin Winkler. “When we go out for a smoke, there’s hookers on the corner. And not the kind of hookers you want to be messing with.”

On the strength of their pro-adultery power ballad “Lips of an Angel,” the band’s first album sold more than 3 million copies—no thanks to the suits, of course. “The label guy didn’t even want ‘Lips’ on the record,” Winkler says. “We told him to f**k off. Now we’ve got nothing but green lights.” Sonically, they’re aiming for a rawer, more live sound, what Winkler calls “bigger and better.” Thematically, though, they’re sticking to the time-tested motif of girls, girls, girls. “‘Use Me’ is about a guy getting used by a chick, and he likes it,” he says. “‘One Last Kiss Goodbye’ is about a guy who’s leaving his girl because she’s been banging another dude behind his back the whole time. And ‘Take It to the Limit,’ which we’re trying to get Mick Mars to play on, is kind of AC/DC, but a little more melodic—one of those could-be-about-a-girl-or-could-be-about-a-car songs. If NASCAR doesn’t end up using it, they’re stupid.”

The guys are finding plenty of ways to blow off steam in the Great White North—local nightclub the Roxy is a particular favorite—but Winkler isn’t confining his partying to the evening hours. “I actually like to get a little annihilated when I record,” he says. “Get loose, let it all hang out. It’s a pretty good excuse to get slaughtered at 3 P.M. Like, ‘Dudes, I’m working here!’”

Fuckin ell, does the guy actually listen to himself when he speaks? I could've described the songs by just looking at the titles. They let any braindead band in the charts these days.

'Dude, I love to get drunk at 6am, man!' At this rate, their 3rd album will feature an orchestra on at least one song.

Hey, I like Bryan Adams! Okay, so he's totally pop rock with superficial lyrics, non-innovative and all that. But his '80s material is as good as that kind of music gets. Especially his pre-Waking Up the Neighbours material. Have you heard Into the Fire? It's the one album where he tried to write some more socially concious songs and would be one of his harder rocking albums. A few songs from that record:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ndb5XUNUA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GskyEJksd2w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nj4U7KwrVY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj0WX0jtJJI

And the guy has one of the best voices ever. I get the criticisms, but aside from that he's got some decent songs. Cuts Like a Knife, Summer of '69, a few others.

I've got Ryan Adams as an artist I mean to check out. I've heard an interview or two, FWIW, and he comes across as a complete jerk...but I'll give his music a chance.

• 1 year later...
I used to hate them but saw them live recently and they put on a great show.

That's usually how it works for bands who are unabashedly about having a good time and writing rock ballad type of songs.

People gotta say they hate/detest them to make themselves feel better about their taste and then they see them live and have a good time.

I like this song for partying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np8YwZQm3vk

They got that 80's party vibe sound with a modern twist. Better than the emo shit around these days.

Edited by Johnny Utah

Ugh, how can you put down Bryan Adams and praise Ryan Adams? I'm not the biggest fan of Bryan, but Ryan is just absolutely terrible.

That's usually how it works for bands who are unabashedly about having a good time and writing rock ballad type of songs.

People gotta say they hate/detest them to make themselves feel better about their taste and then they see them live and have a good time.

They got that 80's party vibe sound with a modern twist. Better than the emo shit around these days.

Post Grunge/modern Hard Rock usually gets a lot of crap. I don't care for the genre, but I'm not going to go around and flame everyone that enjoys it.

Edited by LightningBolt

Ugh, how can you put down Bryan Adams and praise Ryan Adams? I'm not the biggest fan of Bryan, but Ryan is just absolutely terrible.

Post Grunge/modern Hard Rock usually gets a lot of crap. I don't care for the genre, but I'm not going to go around and flame everyone that enjoys it.

Yeah, I mean if I had to pick two Rock (not Coldplay type "rock") modern bands to see live. I'd probably go with Avenged Sevenfold and Hinder, both inspired by GNR. I'm not saying it's the best music around, but I'll drink a shit ton and have a great time. Which is my main priority when I go see a concert.

No way. But it all comes down to opinion so I'm not even going to argue, just stating my opinion... Ryan Adams is so much better/more talented than Bryan Adams that it's ridiculous.

This. Very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed their opening set for the Crue.

That and you have to remember, this is undoubtedly better than the vast majority of what else is being made/is popular these days.

There's a huge difference between what's being "made" and what's popular. You really should look beyond the mainstream if you want to find good music nowadays.

I don't even know why I keep doing this...

Edited by Soulseller