Nevermind vs. Ten vs. The Black Album vs. the UYI

Vincent Vega

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey! This is a poll, a contest to see which album is the best. In one corner we have Guns N' Roses' Use Your Illusion I and II, released in September 1991, and Metallica's untitled album known as the ''Black Album'', released in August 1991. Both of these albums were arguably the most anticipated and successful albums in 1991. In the other corner you have Nevermind by Nirvana, released in September 1991, and Ten by Pearl Jam, also released in September 1991. Nevermind and Ten, especially Nevermind, were the heralds of a new genre, a new subculture of Rock Music later known as Grunge, which would kick Guns N' Roses and the like off the charts.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nevermind by far. i'll leave it up to people with ears to understand why because divinity defies description (and its probably people like me that encourage the kind of cock-rock backlash that denies the essential truth behind my vote, nevermind is where rock n roll HAD to go).

nevermind by far. i'll leave it up to people with ears to understand why because divinity defies description (and its probably people like me that encourage the kind of cock-rock backlash that denies the essential truth behind my vote, nevermind is where rock n roll HAD to go).

Nevermind is what, in the end, led to the death of Rock N' Roll.

Nevermind is what, in the end, led to the death of Rock N' Roll.

oh spare me! :rolleyes: fuckin bunch of drama queens some people. music cant die. as long as theres guitars and drum theres gonna be some rock n roll. people have been going on about "rock n roll is dead" since the 60s. The Doors even made a song about it :lol:

Edited by ffrankwhite

and ten sucks.

:no:

ok, maybe crap is a harsh indictment but...i dunno, i find it lyrically a little too...pretencious?? a dilute version of pretencious maybe, somewhere lower on the pretencious totem pole than out and out pretencious?

and ten sucks.

ok, maybe crap is a harsh indictment but...i dunno, i find it lyrically a little too...pretencious?? a dilute version of pretencious maybe, somewhere lower on the pretencious totem pole than out and out pretencious?

Like affected? It's not my favorite by them by a long shot, but I'm not sure I agree with that.

1. Nevermind

2. UYI I

3. Ten

4. UYI II

5. The Black Album

(I refuse to consider the UYI's one record for any purpose)

and ten sucks.

Like affected? It's not my favorite by them by a long shot, but I'm not sure I agree with that.

1. Nevermind

2. UYI I

3. Ten

4. UYI II

5. The Black Album

(I refuse to consider the UYI's one record for any purpose)

only really remember Ten well and it just has the most trite lyrics. i've always maintained that the absolute best of rock n roll lyrics only really amount to very cheap third rate attempts at poetry and i've always thought that the best rock lyricists have been the people who have understood that and consequently made fun of songwriting to some degree (a'la Kurt Cobain or John Lennon) and oftentimes (though by no means always) allowed music to take the lead. and rock lyricists that make an effort to write good lyrics more often than not come off REALLY badly, really pretencious and just...stale. example:

Son, she said, have I got a little story for you

What you thought was your daddy was nothin' but a...

While you were sittin' home alone at age thirteen

Your real daddy was dyin', sorry you didn't see him, but I'm glad we talked...

Oh I, oh, I'm still alive

Hey, I, I, oh, I'm still alive

Hey I, oh, I'm still alive

see now that to me is really really REALLY corny , really 3rd rate.