Notes from the concert in Puerto Rico and set list

Old Man

Hi,

English is not my primary language... so have a little patience and sorry for any mistakes in my writing. Sebastian Bach enter the stage around 8:15pm and finish at 9:28pm. A lot of new material in his set list and the standards: Youth Gone Wild, 18 and Life, Monkey Business, I remember you and Slave to the Grind. I think there was a problem back stage because after 35 minutes in Back's set, the sound tech told him to stretch the time. At that moment Bach and his band got lost but soon after, they started to play more new material and they mix all this with a guitar and drum solo. That's why his set took 1 hour and 13 minutes (more than Papa Roach appearance). Bach and his band were very happy with the people's response and I think we were very patient with the situation.

Sharp at 10 pm Papa Roach hit the stage. I'm not that familiar with Papa Roach and at the begining of their show, the crowd response vas very limited. This all changed when Jacoby Shaddix jump off the stage and started sing around the arena floor. He also sang the begining of Scars in spanish... nice touch. Their set list included To Be Loved and Getting Away With Murder. They finish at 10:54pm and by that time they literally owned the audience.

Knowing Axl behavior concerning the traditional delays I thought that GnR were going to get on the stage around 12:30am. But to my surprise, house lights went out on 11:40pm and then my ordinary life stop for the next 2 hours and 20 minutes.

I have to tell you that by any chance I'am familiar with the Chinese Democracy material, so it will very unrealistic to give you an acurate set list because I could be mistaken giving you the names of the songs of the new material. The only thing I can tell you is that the new material rocks and the puertorricans even though didn't new the material well, were very responsive and positive to the new songs.

More or less this was the set list:

Introduction

Welcome to the Jungle (the begining of the song was slopy, but hey we were all in a frenzy)

It's so easy (Pin up girls images including Betty Paige.)

Mr. Brownstone

Live and Let Die

Robin Solo (He was dress like a girl with skirt, nylons and all the rest)

Sweet Child O' Mine (All the audience were on their feet, first, second and third level of coliseum during the first five songs of the show)

Rocket Queen (I think this is the first time the play it on the North American tour)

Knocking on Heaven's Door (new version is great, with a country and blues feeling)

You Could Be Mine (race car images)

Piano moving Jam

Dizzy Solo

The Blues (I guess)

Fortus solo (Beautiful with Robin)

Out Ta Get Me (I think that before this song, Axl told the fans that he didn't got anything against downloads, camcorders and bootlegs but he told that all the media or "critics" that are bitchin because of the same list, night after night, to all of them, he told them that they can kiss the his ass and gave them a nice fuck you. One more thing, Axl told us that those people can take their little recorders and shove it up in their asses. During the whole concert Axl was in good spirits and very happy with the crowd response and the band performance.)

Piano Jam

November Rain (Fortus, Robin and Bumblefoot rock in their respective solos)

Better (I guess)

Ron Solo (Don't Cry instrumental the whole crowd sing along)

My Michelle with Bach (Axl and Bach nailed the song perfectly)

Irs (I guess, but not sure)

Used to love her

(During this song a fan pass out in the arena floor and Axl told the security to pick him up. He talked about this situation after the song and ask for the fans to explain to him why this guy pass out. He joked that he didn't understand spanish and then after the fans, I guess started to talked to him in english, he said: my response to you is to have a little patience.)

Patience

Night Train

Encore

Chinese Democracy or Madagascar (not sure... sorry. They show visuals of Old San Juan during this song, homeless people in the States and cementary images in US and San Juan)

Paradiste City (During the song, Bumblefoot went down to the arena floor and Robin jump to the crowd and for several seconds he was carried trough the crowd. Insane, very insane.)

Concert ends sharply at 2am. A two hours and twenty minutes journey. One thing, every member of that band desereved to be recognized as a true gunner. They left their hearts and their souls on that stage. Period.

The José Miguel Agrelot Coliseum also known as Coliseo de Puerto Rico has a capactiy aprox. of 15,000 people. I guess the attendance was 9,000 to 10,000 fans. I think the attendance could have been better but the concert was anounced after a lot of fans bought their tickets to Bryan Adams (next friday) and Journey/Def Leppard (in two weeks). And also, the price tickets for Puerto Rico are the most expensive. Arena Floor: $95.00 plus tax, First level(seated): $125.00, I was seated on the second level: $75.00 plus tax and third level: $50 and $40 bucks.

This was a great deal for us because this is the first time that GnR gave a concert in the island. Granted, Axl voice is not the same, but he stills delivers the goods and the rest of the band is very tight. After all this years, Axl still is one of the best frontman in the business.

This year I have seen in concert (in the same venue), The Rolling Stones and Sting and this concert is at the same level of the Stones concert. Last year I saw Motley Crue, and any giving night this GnR concert kicks Motley Crue's concert ass.

Final requests: first if someone can check on the acuracy of the set list (regarding the new material), it will be appreciated and second, the drummer, Frank Ferrer... does he have a puertorrican heritatge? At the end of the concert, he was telling the crowd (with his body language) that he was from here (Puerto Rico) and inmediately he got on his knees and kiss the stage two times.

If you have the oportunity to see this concert in your area, don' t hesitate to do it. You won't regret it.l Thanks for reading and sorry for any writing mistakes.

Thanks for that awesome review man! That was a very good read!

Could anyone tell us if they played CD or Maddy?

Oh, and I think it's very interesting what Axl had to say about the critics ;)

NO cd was just maddy... and a retarded drummer whoe doesnt know November rain and ruined the song.

Thanks for that awesome review man! That was a very good read!

Could anyone tell us if they played CD or Maddy?

Oh, and I think it's very interesting what Axl had to say about the critics ;)

NO cd was just maddy... and a retarded drummer whoe doesnt know November rain and ruined the song.

They played Madagascar??? :o This is big fuckin news imo!!

• 6 months later...
Hi,

Final requests: first if someone can check on the acuracy of the set list (regarding the new material), it will be appreciated and second, the drummer, Frank Ferrer... does he have a puertorrican heritatge? At the end of the concert, he was telling the crowd (with his body language) that he was from here (Puerto Rico) and inmediately he got on his knees and kiss the stage two times.

If you have the oportunity to see this concert in your area, don' t hesitate to do it. You won't regret it.l Thanks for reading and sorry for any writing mistakes.

I dunno if you will ever get to read this message but that drummer for GnR that night in PR also played with Robi Rosa on the Madre Tierra tour.

• 1 year later...