Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Iron Fist SS

My VLC player lags...

9 posts in this topic

My VLC Player has started to lag when I shall watch a movie. It started a week ago. I don't know why. Anyone who got any tip? Is there another media player who can play everything?

EDIT:

I've tryed to unistall it and reinstall it.

Are you running any other programs at the same time? Hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete and see if anything is being run in the background. If it looks like something that isn't important, shut it down.

Also, go to Start > Run. Type in "msconfig" and go to the Startup tab. Disable any startup programs that aren't 100% necessary.

Could be spyware related, or Trojan related. Likewise, you may not have enough bandwithe to buffer.

Ok. And if it would be a spyware or trojan, how do I get rid if it?

Ok. And if it would be a spyware or trojan, how do I get rid if it?

Get good antivirus and spyware programs. Go to download.com and get AVG Free and Ad-Aware. That's what I use and I've never had problems with those 2. AVG is an antivirus program, it's completely free and it works like a charm. Ad-Aware is for spyware, it's free as well and very reliable.

Also, try defragmenting your hard drive. Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragment.

Is there any alternative media player to VLC? Who is as good as VLC Player?

Is there any alternative media player to VLC? Who is as good as VLC Player?

Media Player Classic works just as well, so does Zoom Player.

VLC would be my personal choice - although I'm sure what The San Tana suggested would be just as good.