Johnny Thunder: Born To Lose - The Last Rock N' Roll Movie

lost in the garden

This is kinda rare.

It has never been officially released.

It's been shown at film festivals, and the director keeps re-cutting the film so each time it is different. (he has 500 hrs of footage)

This cut is from 2001

The film starts with J. Thunders days with the New York Dolls,

The Heartbreakers, Solo and lastly his death in New Orleans in 1991

I have posted the whole film here

http://diytvrocks.proboards83.com/index.cgi?board=jt

Edited by lost in the garden

Fuck man, this topic shouldn't go unnoticed. That was AMAZING. Really, really good man, thanks a lot.

Just a really bleak outlook you know, shakes you up a bit. Just seeing Johnny starting out in the Dolls you can actually see him "fading away" throughout the whole thing, I mean he was a fit guy back at the start (or looked that way to me), and then comparing that to how he looked at the end, that scares the shit outta me. Really shows that all the dope and shit can only inspire you to a point (which Johnny reached about the time he recorded his first solo album IMO) and after that it just sends you really downhill, and fast. I mean, shit like "Society Makes Me Sad" is just terrible, no offense to the man, but it just really shows how it eats away at you. Really tragic I thought.

Still though, what a goddamn cool motherfucker he was. He had the best "I don't give a shit" stare in rock n' roll history, really reminded me of Izzy actually. Just a phenomenal guy that made (mostly) amazing music.

EDIT: I'd love to have that as a DVD actually if there's a good quality link around. If you could hit me up with one I'd really appreciate it, otherwise I might be able to find it on my own.

Edited by FunkyMonk

^ I could upload the AVI. files I ripped off the DVD, It would probably have to be in pieces (chapters)

or a faster download would be the 10 files I put on youtube

......oh, and yes this a dark movie, but nothing compared to another cut I have that is simply titled KING OUTLAW and centers almost exclusively on his death in New Orleans

Edited by lost in the garden

^ I could upload the AVI. files I ripped off the DVD, It would probably have to be in pieces (chapters)

or a faster download would be the 10 files I put on youtube

......oh, and yes this a dark movie, but nothing compared to another cut I have that is simply titled KING OUTLAW and centers almost exclusively on his death in New Orleans

I would be very interested in the avi files :) If you could up those and send me a pm I'd be very grateful.

^ & ^^^

this might be faster if you use bit torrents, if you don't use --> google search and download the 'U Torrent' program

then download this Torrent (only takes a second). Then just let it complete to 100% (takes awhile, maybe leave it running overnight)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3903742/Jo..._amp_Roll_Movie

SoulSeller & FunkyMonk,

is the Bit Torrent link for the movie working for ya?

Whenever I try to use torrents nowadays I can't get the speed over 1 kbit/s for some reason. I believe it's because I'm using a mobile broadband connection which has some built-in firewall which I can't override... Too bad.