GNR Promo Photos

jman2000

Hey Marc! I noticed some GNR promo photos on eBay and other places. Most of them have the names of the band members and then Uzi Suicide or Geffen on the bottom right. Did you take these photos? Or was it someone from Geffen? Also when did Robert John come into the picture and why him instead of you?

I think robert was an aspiring photographer/ videographer.also look up jack lue, he took tons of their pics as well. Back to robert john he took an (alt) pic w Marc n the band during the photo shoot for appetite. Looks just like the back cover except Marc is sitting w them w Slashs hat on. Lucky SOB!!! Lol

Those are Robert's. I only took photos because I wanted to capture the moment and because I thought it was cool to have them. My job was to work at Canter's deli. Robert's job was to take photos for a living. That was his life. So anything the band needed after Robert came around was his job. I didn't even want to put out a book because I didn't want to take away from what Robert was doing. After Robert put out his book in 1993 is when I decided it was time to show off my photos and flyers and all the other cool stuff that I held on too. My book was only the birth of the band. Jack Lue was my friend and he was taking photos of bands before GNR so when GNR started he help do the photo shoots before Robert came around. I had a good feel for the live shots so thats what I stuck to.