Need some help please!

ive been playing guitar for about 3-4 months now and i took lessons and learned with an acoustic guitar, well i wanted to buy an electric guitar i asked my freind what kind he had, he showed me this guitar http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guit...ase_pid/518661/

and said it was pretty good, i think i might get it but i wanted to make sure it wasnt a piece of crap first so i thought i would ask here! :)

There good for a begginer guitar, and thats it, as far as being good concerned. You may find with these epiphones they are poorly made, so dont be suprised in 6 - 12 months time things start falling off the thing, like volume nobs. And dont be suprised if wires start commin loose, ie. jack wires, or 3way switch wires.

My experience tells me, if your going for epiphones, you should go for LP customs, or an LP standard. I dont know what your currency, but the difference in my country between an lp-100 and an epiphone custom, is around $500. Its worth it, if your going to want a guitar that will last you.

Honestly, for a begginer guitar its great, but in 1 year time, when you've built up your speed, and you start playing in a band, your gonna want a trust worthy guitar. I dont think lp-100's will put out.

Good luck with it all.

get a esp guitar. any low class guitar thats considered a 50(for example f-50) is still considered, and is, extremely good. the stock pickups suck but you can always upgrade. bc rich has finally risen from crappy craftsmanship so you cant go wrong with a bronze series, either. how much are you willing to spend anyways? :confused:

Hey yea that Epi lp100 is a piece of shit even for a beginner. The guitar is bad on top of that, its heavy so at that same price, you could get a good ibanez or Esp Ltd. If you however want the Les Paul style and don't want to spend much money, go to www.rondomusic.net and check out their agile guitars. They get a pretty good reputation at a fraction of the gibson cost.

Hey yea that Epi lp100 is a piece of shit even for a beginner. The guitar is bad on top of that, its heavy so at that same price, you could get a good ibanez or Esp Ltd. If you however want the Les Paul style and don't want to spend much money, go to www.rondomusic.net and check out their agile guitars. They get a pretty good reputation at a fraction of the gibson cost.

one more question... i typed in that website but nothing popped up, are you sure thats the right name? and thanks for the advice guys

Edited by Dirty Little Thing

I would have to encourage doing what abitestranged said. I have only heard excellent things about Agile guitars. However, I have never played one so im not really sure how good they are. I had a low end epi once (bass guitar tho). There is a huge difference between the high end ones and the low ends. It was a piece of absolute crap. Not that it sounded bad, because when you're just beginning the tonal quality isnt as important, but this thing pissed me off because wires kept coming loose, and i had to get out the old soldering iron and fix it up constantly. I've never had to do anything like that with my good guitars.

wow, some of these are pretty cheap, im just wondering which one you would recomend(les paul style) for the 150-300 dollar price range, a lot of them look the same, so i was just wondering, thanks again and sorry for all my questions, lol

go for one of the Agile Al 2800. The come with Alnico 2 humbuckers too. ITs about $309.99.

Frankly, I've not seen nor played one myself but I'm thinking of getting one later on this year.

Their customer service is really great too so contact them at: customerservice@rondomusic.com <customerservice@rondomusic.com>

I think the guy's name is Curt/Kurt I'm not so sure.

wow, some of these are pretty cheap, im just wondering which one you would recomend(les paul style) for the 150-300 dollar price range, a lot of them look the same, so i was just wondering, thanks again and sorry for all my questions, lol

go for one of the Agile Al 2800. The come with Alnico 2 humbuckers too. ITs about $309.99.

Frankly, I've not seen nor played one myself but I'm thinking of getting one later on this year.

Their customer service is really great too so contact them at: customerservice@rondomusic.com <customerservice@rondomusic.com>

I think the guy's name is Curt/Kurt I'm not so sure.

thanks, i took a look at that guitar you mentioned and it looked awesome! thanks for your help everyone

Buy the Epiphone!!

It's a great guitar on which you don't have to spend a fuckin' fortune. Don't listen to people sayin' that it'll fall apart after a while, I've had my guitar for 4-5 years now and it's as good as new!!

im pretty sure im going to get that agile les paul off the website you recommended abitestranged but the other day i found out my brother has a peavey raptor 1, it needs some fixing and might cost a little bit of money, he cant play it so i was wondering should i just fix his up or would the other one be better?

I agree with someone who recoomended Cort earlier, they really are very high quality guitars,

i have a honey burst Cort m600 and the qualty and sund of this instrument is amazing, definatly more on par with gibson than episphone (even thought the newer epi lp's are VERY good, standards probly being my fave).

I even picked up a prs custom 22 when i was deciding on buying teh m600, and i have to say even though teh prs was a bit more polished, (and had a different sonic character) the only thing i really prefered about it was the colour of its arch-top, yes my m600 really is that good!!.

If you love GnR type sounds, id recomend go for the Epi Lp standard, they are great guitars, if you can afford it, go for a tokai lp copy.

:D

At this point I think you should be reconsidering what you are looking for in a guitar. I hope you don't take offense dude, because a lot of people make the same mistakes (at one time i did too). But you had your heart set on a LP copy, and now since a strat copy is available and you're wondering if you should get it. Now these are two very different guitars, and you'll probably be playing one of these for a very long time. I strongly suggest you spend a long time in a store just trying out the various models. You don't even have to look as much for sound as you do for comfort at this point. Once you find a style of guitar that you like, then you should look into different brands.

I have never played a peavey raptor 1 (international right?), but from what i have heard the lowest end peavey guitars are not very great. Like a lot of guitars in that price range they have wiring problems and are generally not very durable. Now, from all the responses i've heard, the company Agile is known for rising above this stereotype and building quality, long-lasting instruments. But at the same time, i have only heard reviews about the LP ones.

The strat copy market is a whole different ballgame, so if you decide that a strat is more right for you, there are some good companys out there, depending on your price range.

At this point I think you should be reconsidering what you are looking for in a guitar. I hope you don't take offense dude, because a lot of people make the same mistakes (at one time i did too). But you had your heart set on a LP copy, and now since a strat copy is available and you're wondering if you should get it. Now these are two very different guitars, and you'll probably be playing one of these for a very long time. I strongly suggest you spend a long time in a store just trying out the various models. You don't even have to look as much for sound as you do for comfort at this point. Once you find a style of guitar that you like, then you should look into different brands.

I have never played a peavey raptor 1 (international right?), but from what i have heard the lowest end peavey guitars are not very great. Like a lot of guitars in that price range they have wiring problems and are generally not very durable. Now, from all the responses i've heard, the company Agile is known for rising above this stereotype and building quality, long-lasting instruments. But at the same time, i have only heard reviews about the LP ones.

The strat copy market is a whole different ballgame, so if you decide that a strat is more right for you, there are some good companys out there, depending on your price range.

well thanks for the advice, im really confused on what to do at this point but i think i might just try out some guitars next time im at the guitar shop, thanks for all the advice :)