Keith Richards vs. swedish newspapers

This is quite ridiculous. I dunno if you've heard about it, but the swedish newspapers Expressen and Aftonbladet (crap, both of them) gave Rolling Stones such bad reviews of their show in Gothenburg, that Keith Richards sent a letter (published in another newspaper), where he says they owe Stones an apology and finishes with "Write the truth. It was a good show."

Well I wasn't there, but i saw them in Ireland, and I can't imagine how it could have been anything but great. What is it with Sweden? I mean, last summer swedish cops arrested Axl when GN'R were here to play... Soon none of the great rock n' roll bands will come here to play anymore :(

By the way, I can't see why everyone complains so much about Keith. He's old, and I think he is awsome :)

Wait a minute,Keith Richards slammed newspapers because they wrote bad reviews of the show :rofl-lol: how egoistic does a person have to be to actually do that.

How can this actually change the opinion of people who were at the show,if they liked it,then who cares what the journalists say.

And music doesn't exist in a vacuum,I don't know how many people gave bad reviews to it,but all days aren't brothers and maybe they were having a bad day and didn't like the show because of that.

Some people get off on wanting to see great bands/people fail. I don't know why.

Thats true. Maybe because they're jealous? B)

Wait a minute,Keith Richards slammed newspapers because they wrote bad reviews of the show :rofl-lol: how egoistic does a person have to be to actually do that.

How can this actually change the opinion of people who were at the show,if they liked it,then who cares what the journalists say.

And music doesn't exist in a vacuum,I don't know how many people gave bad reviews to it,but all days aren't brothers and maybe they were having a bad day and didn't like the show because of that.

It isn't just about the people who were at the show, they who hadn't the opportunity to go won't appreciate a bad review, especially if it isn't true. Well, you shouldn't care about what the journalists of these newspapers say, but in any case it's kind of embarrasing when they write things like that. You haven't read the articles I guess? I really understand why Keith wrote that letter, cause you have kind of a responsibility when you write in a newspaper. A good journalist tells the truth (or at least tries to). I don't think anybody in their right mind would believe anything in these newspapers, but it's kind of an unwritten law.

:)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Have you actually read the article? What is embarrising about that a rewiew-writer write his opinion? It's his job. And about the thing Axl got arrested, I guess you think that our current rules and laws should not be in effect just because you're a rockstar? I'm sure they'd arrest him if he attacked a guard and bite him in US, Germany and UK too.

Have you actually read the article? What is embarrising about that a rewiew-writer write his opinion? It's his job. And about the thing Axl got arrested, I guess you think that our current rules and laws should not be in effect just because you're a rockstar? I'm sure they'd arrest him if he attacked a guard and bite him in US, Germany and UK too.

Axl bit a guard for attacking him and holding him against his will... honestly, I probably would've done something similar...

on another note... I think Sweden may just be jealous of good music coming from everywhere else... I mean... aren't the two most famous Swedish bands Abba and Europe? I would hate alll other rock acts if I was a Swedish newsreporter or cop too... I'd be upset that they make our acts look bad

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Axl bit a guard for attacking him and holding him against his will... honestly, I probably would've done something similar...

Read the story about what happened again... Axl was fighting (probably not the word, but I don't know any other translation for the swedish word) a woman in the hotel foyer. The guard tried to go between, Axl went agressive, and it ended that he bite the guard in the leg.

on another note... I think Sweden may just be jealous of good music coming from everywhere else... I mean... aren't the two most famous Swedish bands Abba and Europe? I would hate alll other rock acts if I was a Swedish newsreporter or cop too... I'd be upset that they make our acts look bad

Yeah... we are very jealous. If you think about that you've got more then 30x people in your country, maybe you can try to understand why you produce more music there.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Of course I've read them, otherwise i wouldn't bring it up. Ok, they wrote their opinion, then I can write mine: The articles were just crap, they write like they're some kind of damn experts, this so typical swedish, snobbish style. I think if you ask the crowd, most of them would say it was a great show. And among all the newspapers with reviews from Stones' shows were Aftonbladet and Expressen the only ones giving them a bad review, since you're swedish you probably know they just write gossip about wellknown people which most of the time, in my opinion, can be taken as insulting.

About Axl, arresting him would just be another proof that he's such a bad person, I mean, he's a damn rockstar! He can't have done more for the world than the heroic swedish cops! The security guard absolutely love the publicity he got by being bitten by an american world-famous rockstar...

Jealous yes... impressive eh? And it's not about the quantity of music, it's the quality. Doesn't depend on how many people there are in a country... :rolleyes:

Sorry about that, I'm just a bit angry...

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

There are alot of good music from sweden too... Most of them sings in swedish. Nationalteatern, Dia Psalma, etc.

Anyways, of course he liked the publicy. But that doesn't make it ok for Axl to bite him just because he's 'an american world-famous rockstar'.

The swedish press isn't near as hard vs celebrities as they are in UK for example.

There are alot of good music from sweden too... Most of them sings in swedish. Nationalteatern, Dia Psalma, etc.

Anyways, of course he liked the publicy. But that doesn't make it ok for Axl to bite him just because he's 'an american world-famous rockstar'.

I don't think he bit him because of that... :rolleyes:

And I don't think there are any good music from Sweden, but that's my opinion, you can have yours :)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

There are good music from most countries, but sure, you can have that opinion...

No he probably didn't bite him because of that. He was drunk and foolish. My point was that I don't think it's ok to do these stuff just because you are 'an american world-famous rockstar'.

There's one exception, Diamond Dogs :)

Maybe it's not ok, but then it is ok to write a whole lotta shit just because you're a journalist..?

And I think the cops should have better things to do than arrest Axl, who barely could have done any harm. Maybe the security guard was afraid of getting rabies...holy crap, he shouldn't have got a job like that if he gets so upset by something like that. There are much worse criminals out there to arrest.

Damn, people are such sensation hunters when it comes to celebritys.

I just can't take it when someone's offending my beloved little rockstars... :anger:

:lol:

for the record, I do believe that Sweden has the potential for good music

I'm just saying, not only compared to the US(who I feel is in a musical slump these days anyways... rarely do good, NEW, artists come from America, that I've seen anyway, its all about Euro power metal these days, if you want some good fucking tunes) Sweden doesn't have a very stable track record... when I think of Sweden and music, ABBA and Europe come to mind... and, personally, I don't enjoy them

also, on the record, I understand Axl was arguing with a woman, but, its my personal opinion that disputes should be settled between the people, not some guy trying to throw himself in the middle... thats begging for trouble

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

To be honest, I don't think Sweden export very much rock...

But it is in fact the 3rd most musicexporting country in the world, which is pretty good since it only got 9 million inhabitants. US got more then 300 millions, and UK 60. They're they only countrys exporting more music (or was atleased when I read it a few years ago).

And Golden Years Of RockN'Roll; A normal person would be arrested and put to a drunk-cell (fyllecell... kom inte på vad det kunde heta), so why shouldn't Axl be put there? It is after all a part of the democratic system that everyone shall be equal infront of the law!

This is quite ridiculous. I dunno if you've heard about it, but the swedish newspapers Expressen and Aftonbladet (crap, both of them) gave Rolling Stones such bad reviews of their show in Gothenburg, that Keith Richards sent a letter (published in another newspaper), where he says they owe Stones an apology and finishes with "Write the truth. It was a good show."

Well I wasn't there, but i saw them in Ireland, and I can't imagine how it could have been anything but great. What is it with Sweden? I mean, last summer swedish cops arrested Axl when GN'R were here to play... Soon none of the great rock n' roll bands will come here to play anymore :(

By the way, I can't see why everyone complains so much about Keith. He's old, and I think he is awsome :)

you make me ashamed to be swedish

the dude wrote what he thought of the show

if keith dont like it he should either quit playing or stop reading reviews

Yeah everyone should be equal in front of the law, it just feels a bit like they couldn't resist the opportunity to arrest Axl. The whole thing with the articles about the security guard, like if it was some kind of traumatic experience for him, felt ridiculous and wrong. A bit because I think the system for finding and punishing criminals in Sweden is very poor. They just focus on less important things.

By the way, this thread wasn't meant to be about Axl's kind of strange idea of dinner or if there is or isn't any good music from Sweden, but about the reviews which I still think were stupid and insulting. I just got a bit angry and hoped for a bit support from someone who also think Stones are great and that Keith has the right to feel offended by something like that, not getting into this kind of pointless discussion... :(

It's not so easy to find someone who likes rock n' roll nowadays, strangely enough.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

He has probably seen a lots of stones conserts, and felt that this wasn't as good as the others. He had higher expectations since they've been much better before. I've heard alot of people saying that it wasn't as good as it used to be.