Why is this forum so up its ass

Inverted Mind

I don't get it.

What's the problem with bringing up something funny from the past?

Why must every thread that doesn't have a SOLID conversation topic, or anyone who goes off that track get locked.

I used to adore this forum, until I found other forums, there's nothing wrong with having a few fun threads out there.

"what does lol mean, sorry I'm english" For fuck sake, markyboy was a legend, as was luiz, and brethren before.

Sorry, trailed off there.

But really, would you please explain why we have an anything goes section, if it really isn't anything goes at all?

This is like censorship of uncivilized humor.

What is civilized humor?

"Pip pip, cheerio!, Oh look, madison fell on her fanny!"

"Oh dear, well that isn't funny at all, she could've gotten hurt!"

"Oh, you're right, by golly lets go help that lass out!"

There is no such thing as civilized humor.

jawn...

Your topic was boring as hell... stop whining about it being locked..

Thanks Chris.

We ask all members to post threads that have a real topic to discuss - not nonsense. This is outlined in the forum rules:

2) Message must make sense, contain a real topic for people to debate, contain more than just an emoticon

We don't have a lot of forum rules, but the few we do have are just common sense and we ask all members to follow them.

If you wish to have off-topic chats or post nonsense topics that only people who are stoned would enjoy, please use the pm system.

jawn...

Your topic was boring as hell... stop whining about it being locked..

Thanks Chris.

We ask all members to post threads that have a real topic to discuss - not nonsense. This is outlined in the forum rules:

2) Message must make sense, contain a real topic for people to debate, contain more than just an emoticon

We don't have a lot of forum rules, but the few we do have are just common sense and we ask all members to follow them.

If you wish to have off-topic chats or post nonsense topics that only people who are stoned would enjoy, please use the pm system.

Figures you'd quote the asskisser.

Why quote the minority, when the majority of people feel the same.

All I'm saying is there's no spark left in this board.

Maybe if you weren't so strict threads, the forum would be more fun.

There would be more posters, and regulars would be posting more, I'm sure of it.

You can't have an open off topic chat through the PM system, saying that is completely pointless when you want to share something with the whole forum.

Why would you say stoned? Just because something isn't up to your standards means it was probably made by someone high?

Most of the rules are respectable, I just think this one should be used more loosely.

Figures you'd quote the asskisser. ..

I'm quoting the person who understands the forum rules and why we have them - and is mature enough to follow them.

Why quote the minority, when the majority of people feel the same...

Actually, it's a very small minority of young kids, usually under the age of 16 (or maturity under the age of 16), who want to see nonsense threads on the forum. The large majority do not. The majority prefer to read threads that take some thought and make it worth their while to post their opinions.

.. There would be more posters, and regulars would be posting more, I'm sure of it. ..

Au contraire mon ami. Many of our "regulars" stopped posting when we allowed the young kids to spam the forum with nonsense threads. That's why we cracked down on them.

.. Why would you say stoned? Just because something isn't up to your standards means it was probably made by someone high? ..

I was trying to be polite. I guess I should have said people with a maturity level over the age of 16 tend to prefer reading threads that have a topic - not nonsense.

If you wish to post nonsense and spam, then please do so at another forum. We've seen plenty of young "kids" from this forum who started their own forum for the sole purpose of posting gibberish - and most of these forums did not last long. Why? Because most forum members don't like it.

Madison, you need to get laid, badly. So, give me a call, I'll pay you a "visit". ;) But only do so if you're somewhat attractive, thought the general opinion says you're not. At all. They mostly say that after they heard your voice. But I'll be fair and give you the benefit of the doubt. :)

Madison, you need to get laid, badly. So, give me a call, I'll pay you a "visit". ;) But only do so if you're somewhat attractive, thought the general opinion says you're not. At all. They mostly say that after they heard your voice. But I'll be fair and give you the benefit of the doubt. :)

:rofl-lol:

I'm quoting the person who understands the forum rules and why we have them - and is mature enough to follow them.

ahahahaha, Chris...mature.

Why quote the minority, when the majority of people feel the same...

Actually, it's a very small minority of young kids, usually under the age of 16 (or maturity under the age of 16), who want to see nonsense threads on the forum. The large majority do not. The majority prefer to read threads that take some thought and make it worth their while to post their opinions.

Oooooh, just because you're over 16 means you MUST be mature at all times! I'll remember that.

.. There would be more posters, and regulars would be posting more, I'm sure of it. ..
Au contraire mon ami. Many of our "regulars" stopped posting when we allowed the young kids to spam the forum with nonsense threads. That's why we cracked down on them.

Many of the regulars stopped posting when GNR stopped having news. Some of the things that kept other members are people like Warchild, Jackamo, ect. The ones who posted spam and nonsense. I expect a negative comment on this one.

.. Why would you say stoned? Just because something isn't up to your standards means it was probably made by someone high? ..
I was trying to be polite. I guess I should have said people with a maturity level over the age of 16 tend to prefer reading threads that have a topic - not nonsense.

Oh yes, funny is nonsense. I've also seen you close threads that require opinion.

Some of the news stories posted here are just as good as these "nonsense" threads you speak of.

If you wish to post nonsense and spam, then please do so at another forum. We've seen plenty of young "kids" from this forum who started their own forum for the sole purpose of posting gibberish - and most of these forums did not last long. Why? Because most forum members don't like it.

It's always kids.

I think it's a well known fact that user created gnr forums have a less chance of surviving than a "gibberish" forum.

I post in one that's been active for over a year already, and is still going strong.

What the hell are you talking about? Have you read chris' post, he's far from mature.

Edited by batman1987

Madison you are so bad with them.. look they all make fun of you now :rolleyes:

Like Madison said, there's not a lot of rules here compare to a lot of forum.

Maybe this forum is asking for a certain degree of understing rules that you don't have.

You better get use to rules, because you gonna get accros rules in every moment of your life, and I'm not talking about your mom asking you to make your bed :)

....I think it's a well known fact that user created gnr forums have a less chance of surviving than a "gibberish" forum.

I post in one that's been active for over a year already, and is still going strong.

Really? If things are so great at the spam forum, then why don't you stay there and post your gibberish there? Why are you coming here?

What the hell are you talking about? Have you read chris' post, he's far from mature.

Chris understands and respects the forum rules, which makes him far wiser and far more mature than the "kids" in this thread who are crying because they can't post nonsense and spam. I can always tell the really immature ones on the forum: they're the ones who feel the need to draw attention to themselves by acting like little internet tough guys and thinking people would actually think they're "tough" for badmouthing a mod. :rolleyes: In reality - such childish behavior just shows how really immature and self-centered they are. They have no concept whatsoever of how much time and effort it takes to moderate a forum and keep the discussions running smoothly.

If you want to post spam and nonsense, find another forum.