All about AC/DC

Duffan

One of my fav bands , both era's Bon and Brian , anyway I just wanted to see how many more of you guys are out there , My fav 3 albums are - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap , Highway To Hell , and Back in Black , Razor's Edge is cool too , Love the Live Album ! .

Peace GnR Nation B)

I think my screen name says it all.

My favorite Album is "Powerage."

Can't wait for the new album!

By the way... i'm like 3 times a bigger AC/DC fan than i am a GnR fan. For the most part, I'm a fan of Appetite for Destruction, half of lies, some of UYI 1, and a bunch of things from the spin-off bands like VR or Snakepit. But that is compared to AC/DC... of whom i love ALL the material (except a VERY small few, like "She's Got Balls" and "Love Song.")

One of my fav bands , both era's Bon and Brian , anyway I just wanted to see how many more of you guys are out there , My fav 3 albums are - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap , Highway To Hell , and Back in Black , Razor's Edge is cool too , Love the Live Album ! .

Peace GnR Nation B)

well if you think "AC/DC LIVE" is good (personally, i'm not a fan of it. i didn't like Chris Slade on drums. I prefer some of my bootlegs over that album, actually.), then you gotta get "If You Want Blood (You've Got It)".... unless you already have it. It's EXCELLENT! Bon Scott at his best! It was their first live album (although an earlier Live DVD is supposed to be released... but has only been released in Japan so far because of legal reasons.), and I think their best live sound ever... and as we should all know, AC/DC sound better live than in the studio. It was recorded on the "Powerage" tour in 1978. Recently, it was rated the 2nd-greatest live album EVER by Classic Rock Magazine... next to something by Thin Lizzy. It is constantly on the top of greatest ever live albums... it is a must-have.

I love AC/DC! They're cool... fave would probably be something like.. Highway to Hell, For Those About To Rock and High Voltage

Yeah that's pretty much it...

Awesome choices!

Lindy you seem to like all the same stuff that I do! :shades:

Yeah I noticed that too, it's pretty cool actually ;)

well if you think "AC/DC LIVE" is good (personally, i'm not a fan of it. i didn't like Chris Slade on drums. I prefer some of my bootlegs over that album, actually.), then you gotta get "If You Want Blood (You've Got It)".... unless you already have it. It's EXCELLENT! Bon Scott at his best! It was their first live album (although an earlier Live DVD is supposed to be released... but has only been released in Japan so far because of legal reasons.), and I think their best live sound ever... and as we should all know, AC/DC sound better live than in the studio. It was recorded on the "Powerage" tour in 1978. Recently, it was rated the 2nd-greatest live album EVER by Classic Rock Magazine... next to something by Thin Lizzy. It is constantly on the top of greatest ever live albums... it is a must-have.

THANKS for that update DirtyDeeds ;) , I'll have to get it , BTW , I prefer Phil Rudd's Drumming to Slade's as well , I was so psyched when he came back to join them ! anyway IF you want Blood is awesome I got it on Cassette tape but not CD , looks like I have reason to go to the store tomorrow ! .

Peace GnR Nation B)

Everyone always says te best album is Back In Black or Highway to Hell. While I agree that for just rock n roll, Highway is the best, and for heavier hard rock, Back in Black is the best (especially at night with the lights out.... just sit there and listen to it... pure magic... the production also seems to add to the magical sound... i think it's the greatest produced and most epic album ever.), people dont seem to know their other albums. All are tops, really. Powerage and Let There Be Rock... those are must haves. Also, i like BallBreaker for more "recent" albums. It reminds me of the early Brian era, even though it came out in 1996. Whiskey on the Rocks... Ballbreaker.... kick-ass tracks!

I really like AC/DC

I just got the live ; Let there be rock is awesome

just a question : which DVD if I had to buy ?

DVDs...

If you want to go legal, you got 4 choices (assuming you're living anywhere but Japan. if you're in Japan, you have 5 choices.) They are Live at Donington, Plaza del Toros Madrid 1996, Stiff Upper Lip Live, and Let There Be Rock the Movie (which is actually a video cassette, but it will come out on DVD soonish.) Now if you live in Japan, you can also get the London Hippodrome 1977 show called "Rock Masters." Due to legal reasons, no other country allowed its release.

Live At Donington: I love this show. This is probably you're best bet for variety of songs from different albums. The audio is great too, the crowd is monsterous, Brian sounds great, Angus TEARS IT UP, and the band looked like they were having more fun than ever. One problem (at least I think.. other people like it better, so whatever), and that is that the drummer is Chris Slade. I don't like Chris Slade and i think he ruins some of the classics like For Those About to Rock and Whole Lotta Rosie. Otherwise, great show with some cool special features.

Plaza del Toros Madrid 1996: Good show. they played a good amount off their Ballbreaker album, which was the new album at the time. The audio could be better, though. The stage effect is cool though. Probably my least favorite of the DVDs. Special features include the "Hard as a Rock" video and "the making of Hard as a Rock" video.

Stiff Upper Lip Live: My favorite. They bring out some oldies but goodies like "Up to my Neck in You," "Bad Boy Boogie," and "What Do you do for Money, Honey." Brian sounds pretty good except for about two seconds total on the last little scream on Hells Bells (he even admits it though, if you listen closely... "helllls belllls!!! that sounded bad... whoaaaaa!" lol.)

The crowd is great here, and they have a cool stage setup with a catwalk that really showcases how cool of a showman Angus and Brian are. the "Let There Be Rock" extended solo is cool as friggen hell. Get Stiff Upper Lip Live. you wont regret it.

Let There Be Rock the Movie: cool show. this showcases Bon on his last tour, and it was dedicated to Bon. 13-song setlist. Unfortunately, even though they play the audio for "Walk All Over You," they show some stupid video clips of Bon slipping on ice in a pond and Phil Rudd racing an airplane in a Porsche instead of showing the concert video footage. The concert does not flow straight through because it is broken up every few songs by an interview. These interviews completely embarass the band and i feel sorry for them. "Bon, are you trying to start World War III?" i mean cmon... and they show some stupid footage where they made Malcolm dress in a soccer uniform and run around on a soccer field, score a goal against nobody, and then pull out some whiskey and jump around celebrating as he falls over and then goes and kisses his wife. TOTALLY stupid. The audio on the show could be better, and the video is a little grainy, but when they actually show the concert footage, it rocks... real hard. Angus has the most ebergy EVER here. If you want to see Bon footage, go with this.

London Hippodrome 1977: Although it is only legal in Japan, I will tell of it anyway since it is a very common bootleg and can always be found on ebay. A while ago, part of the show was also on kazaa. i dont know of any special features, since mine is only a bootleg. the show is cool and is good quality. Bon sounds good, and this is good footage of the early band... about as early as you'll be able to find, even among bootlegs. two problems though... 1) there are only 7 songs. 2) the crowd SUCKS. no energy in the crowd whatsoever. the band is rocking their hearts out, and the audience seems like it is an opra audience. literally. There is one exception... one huge fan dressed up like Angus and rocking out like nuts. normally, he would just blend right in with the crowd. Here, he sticks out like a sore thumb. It's quite funny actually. If you want early footage with bon, go for this.

Here are some good bootlegs to check out. they were all professionally recorded, just unreleased as of yet:

Cleveland 1979, Detroit 1985 (No complete version exists, except in a vault somewhere perhaps, but the songs that go exist ROCK... i think there are about 13 out of 18 songs or something, though, so not bad), Glasgow 1978 (a personal favorite), Detroit 1983.

Hope I helped.

ACDC rules, their guitar rithms are the best and the duck dance of Angus Young is one of that things that you see once and never forgot :D

Hell Bells, HighWay To Hell, Thunderstruck, Big Gun, Back in Black, BallBreaker, Hail Caesar, Stiff upper lift... my fauvorites

AC/DC rules!!! I think I like them more than GnR :P:mellow::(

My top three albums are Highway to Hell, Back in Black and The razors edge (followed close by Dirty Deeds) I also own the LIve at Donnigton DVD and it's awesome.

My fav songs are Highway to Hell,Shot down if flames, Hells Bells, Shoot to thrill,Thunderstruck, Fire your guns,TNT, man... to be honest I like almost all of their songs, they really kick ass!!