Sam's Town - The Killers...

FunkyMonk

Been listening to it again over the last few weeks, it's fantastic. There's a few dud songs (Uncle Johhny, My List and the Enterlude and Exitlude), but apart from them it's awesome.

Absolutely brilliant production as well, you can hear everything that's going on and it sounds great.

High points:

- The horns in Bones

- The whole of Read My Mind

- The heavier guitars at the start of When You Were Young

Anyone else think this is a great album? It's much better than Hot Fuss.

Edited by FunkyMonk

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been listening to it again over the last few weeks, it's fantastic. There's a few dud songs (Uncle Johhny, My List and the Enterlude and Exitlude), but apart from them it's awesome.

Absolutely brilliant production as well, you can hear everything that's going on and it sounds great.

High points:

- The horns in Bones

- The whole of Read My Mind

- The heavier guitars at the start of When You Were Young

Anyone else think this is a great album? It's much better than Hot Fuss.

I don't think you can say an album with four "duds" is brilliant.

I don't think you can say an album with four "duds" is brilliant.

I never said it was brilliant. Plus, you can ignore the crappy songs, and some people like them, I just think they suck compared to the rest of them.

Its good but Raconteurs' Consolers of the Lonely is much better.

Yeah, probably.

I should hate it. It's rather overblown and more than a little gay at times.

But I just love it. Flower's glam vocals are awesome and the songs are full of great hooks and melodies.

Favourite songs are When You Were Young, Sam's Town, Bling, This River Is Wild, Read My Mind and Uncle Jonny.

Sam's Town is such a great opener and an enthusiastic stamp of the new direction they want to take.

"Why do you waste my time? Is the answer to the question on your mind"

"I'm sick of all my judges, so scared of letting me shine"

But I just love it. Flower's glam vocals are awesome and the songs are full of great hooks and melodies.

Favourite songs are When You Were Young, Sam's Town, Bling, This River Is Wild, Read My Mind and Uncle Jonny.

Sam's Town is such a great opener and an enthusiastic stamp of the new direction they want to take.

That's what's great about it :)

That's what's great about it :)

haha I agree.

I listened to it many, many times when it just came out and I haven't really been into them lately... but it's a damn good album.

It's good at times, but sometimes way too over the top (My List)

And I have an issue with Why Do I Keep Counting, the first few times it's unbelievable, then you realize it's probably the gayest song in history

:lol: The only reason I find that funny is because I used to hate that song, but it really grew on me. I don't know why, but now I love it.

All The Pretty Faces has become one of my favourite tracks. It's a bonus song on Sam's Town, but I didn't even notice it until I bought the Sawdust album.

Sawdust is great. Tranquilize is dark and trippy - I hope they explore mores stuff like this on the new album. Under The Gun is just kickass pop with a great chorus. Daddys Eyes is great and has a killer guitar solo. And Flower's proves he can even sing country on the Ruby, Don’t Take Your Love To Town cover.

All The Pretty Faces has become one of my favourite tracks. It's a bonus song on Sam's Town, but I didn't even notice it until I bought the Sawdust album.

Sawdust is great. Tranquilize is dark and trippy - I hope they explore mores stuff like this on the new album. Under The Gun is just kickass pop with a great chorus. Daddys Eyes is great and has a killer guitar solo. And Flower's proves he can even sing country on the Ruby, Don’t Take Your Love To Town cover.

'Cause I don't care where you been

And I don't care what you seen

We're the ones who still believe

And we're looking for a page

In that lifeless book of hope

Where dream might help you cope

Where the bushes and the bombs

Uh huh tranquilize

:wub: