Trend Micro

SHAZ65

Does anyone use Trend Micro??

I have just bought a new home computer and it Has Trend Micro installed as the antivirus??

The problem is I cant get onto the internet when its turned on!

Do I need to adjust the level a security??

HELP

That's weird.

Do you have Trend Micro's firewall turned on? If so, try turning it off and see if you can connect.

One thing that I would recommend is uninstalling Trend Micro and getting AVG Free Antivirus. Like the name says, it's free, so you won't have to buy a subscription for it like you will have to with Trend Micro. You can download the software here: http://free.avg.com/

That's weird.

Do you have Trend Micro's firewall turned on? If so, try turning it off and see if you can connect.

One thing that I would recommend is uninstalling Trend Micro and getting AVG Free Antivirus. Like the name says, it's free, so you won't have to buy a subscription for it like you will have to with Trend Micro. You can download the software here: http://free.avg.com/

Thanks Jon!

I thought about AVG but I got a 3 year deal with Trend for $100.(part of the computer package) Its normally about $80 per year.

I'm not sure about the firewall thing! When I get home this afternoon I will ring Trend. Just thought I might save myself waiting on the bloody phone for an hour!

Sharon

You can stil save yourself the hour!

Right-click the Trend Micro icon on the bottom right side of your sceen and you should see an option to open the main control console (or something like that). From there you should be able to change the program's properties. Once that's open, there should be some sort of option for firewall or network security which you can navigate through and shut off the firewall. If you can't find it, you can always click the Help button and that should be able to guide you through the process.

I haven't used Trend Micro for a few years, so I've lost all familiarity with it. :wacko:

But once you open up the program's main window, it shouldn't be to complicated to find and disable the firewall.

I'm not sure how Trend Micro works, but a lot of firewalls work by creating settings for each program on your PC. It could just be that the firewall is blocking Firefox, or Internet Explorer, or whatever browser you normally use. You probably don't want to turn the firewall off entirely, just ensure it's set up to allow you to browse the Internet.

I'm not sure how Trend Micro works, but a lot of firewalls work by creating settings for each program on your PC. It could just be that the firewall is blocking Firefox, or Internet Explorer, or whatever browser you normally use. You probably don't want to turn the firewall off entirely, just ensure it's set up to allow you to browse the Internet.

Thanks!

I will take a look tonight when I get home from work