The positivity thread

lizwontcry

I know I'll probably get shit for this, but I thought it would be nice to have a thread without all the negativity and the OMGZ REUNION and GNR educator crap. Disagree with me if you want, but I believe this is an exciting time to be a fan of this band, original line-up be damned.

So, here are some positive things that I'd like to point out:

- The Asian tour introduced the world to the new and improved GN'R, the one that is determined to take over the world. Lots of positive reviews, Axl seemed like he had a good time, fun was had by all.

- The Canadian tour was amazing and gave us many 2.5 hour sets, a lot of fun pictures, youtube vids, tweets from Axl and the rest of the band, and a lot to look forward to in the future.

- Many dates on the South American tour are sold out, and we all know how much they love GNR over there.

- Axl seems to be having a good time, he's out and about in New York playing surprise shows and hanging out with Baz, giving us novel-length tweets and showing us what's happening in his world a little bit.

So many cool things have happened this year and it's only February. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Cool thoughts. I'm always thinking about how cool it would be to buy new GN'R albums because of what Axl said as early as 1999 about having multiple albums. Chinese D. 2 is what I'd like more than anything. A concert unless recorded and seen again happens and then is over. An album is on tape and can be heard forever. Axl is here and giving us his best and I'm very excited to see what the future holds for GN'R.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh...hi...!

Yay! I am totally positive about everything. Especially Axl's nipples. ;)

wut? Hahaha.

Positivity: Looks like they are actually gonna tour the whole world this time :D

There's another thread talking about shows in Central America in April.

Can it be we will get a 2 year tour like the Illusions one? :xmasssanta:

To all those attending the South America shows...get ready,this band is truly going to blow you away live! :shades:

That's why lately I have been talking to people who have no idea about the band as it is now or to those who are skeptic to go either way and give them a chance. I'm pretty sure everyone will leave the place with jaws in hand.

Guest Sweet Tooth

I've seen the Gunner twice, once in Toronto (2006) and once just recently here in Hamilton. Fuckin' amazing, I hope I get to feel that feeling at least once more in my lifetime, it's something everybody should experience! Axl's voice is ridiculously amazing, the guitar work by Ron, DJ and Fortus are a perfect fit for a band... very excited to see their style in the studio, Tommy is a badass - the General indeed! Frank Ferrer, tight drummer. Dizzy has obviously been a creative writer, good to see him from the UYI days. As for the Mother Goose, rock on!

Another bump to say yay, South America! We have pictures of Axl lookin' good at the airport, we have DJ lurkin' the forums and making fun videos, and I can't wait to see what South America and GNR have in store for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I thought I'd bring this one back since everyone is making such absolutely recockulous threads these days. So positive things about the last couple of months:

- First leg of the European tour went well, even with a similar set list for every show...

- Axl's going to Kiss concerts, getting his picture taken at airports without knocking anyone out, singing the shit out of everything and being pleasant in general...

- More tour dates!

Anything else to add?