GN'R: "Manic/Depressive"

Vincent Vega

I have an idea.

There are some fans who want the rest of the CD/Bucket/Finck era material to be released. There are others who want the current lineup to release a record.

Why not have GN'R release a double album, like Michael Jackson did with HiStory--title it "Manic/Depressive".

Side 1 "("Manic") would be the current lineup's new music, perhaps writing more hard rock, traditional GN'R type of upbeat rock songs given the presence of Ashba and Fortus.

Side 2 ("Depressive") would be the Bucket/Finck era material/leftovers and more experimental material.

Not only would this put a good number of material out there for consumption, discussion and to just liven things up in the GN'R world--it'd be exciting. A double album could easily be 30 new songs to digest and listen to and talk about--that'd be the best thing that happened to the community in general. You'd have one album for fans of hard rock and traditional GN'R stuff, and another for fans of more experimental/electronic stuff all in one.

Release alongside it non-album singles varying from traditional through wildly experimental, perhaps as digital downloads or in a special edition limited release of "Manic/Depressive" as a third disc to fill out the set to 40 songs. Just throw everything Axl's got in the vault from '97 to now out there in essence.

But this idea would also allow for a great deal of musical variety--I imagine the current lineup would craft much different music than the Bucket/Finck lineuo--and also would appease both sides. The Bucket era fans would get their CD II; The current lineup fans would get a totally new record.

Edited by Vincent Vega

Problem is....

Axl is afraid of singing them live, it would kill axl if he sings a 5hour setlist every 3 days for, say 4 month tour

And, the case of him being weaker these days..

Also some problems like "you, me!"