Samples & Covers

sword&tulipz

Overview of artist sampling GNR in their songs

http://www.whosampled.com/sampled/Guns%20N%27%20Roses/

26 songs have sampled a GNR track

Clearly GNR used samples from other artist as well, allthough only two: Soundgarden and the German artist Ullrich Schnauss who also sued GNR for their sampling in Riad & the Bedouins.

http://www.whosampled.com/artist/Guns%20N%27%20Roses/

GNR have covered 20 songs that has been released

http://www.whosampled.com/covers/Guns%20N%27%20Roses/

And finally, the bands songs have been covered 52 times by other artists

http://www.whosampled.com/covered/Guns%20N%27%20Roses/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KGzh7hmzTNo#at=24

Heres that news story of GNR being sued by Ullrich Schnauss:

http://pitchfork.com/news/36711-guns-n-roses-sued-for-ripping-off-ulrich-schnauss-on-chinese-democracy/

Guns N' Roses Sued for Ripping Off Ulrich Schnauss on Chinese Democracy Superstar pop-metal meets ambient shoegaze, at last. By Tom Breihan on October 6, 2009 at 11:05 a.m.
dda5b7ea.jpg

Schnauss photo by Troy Stains

None of us noticed at the time, but there's a very good chance that "Riad N' the Bedouins", a track from Guns N' Roses' attempted comeback album Chinese Democracy, samples unlicensed chunks of a couple of tracks by the German electronic shoegaze auteur Ulrich Schnauss. Yes, Ulrich Schnauss. Whoa.

As Reuters reports, two indie labels-- Independiente and the American arm of Domino-- are suing GNR and their label, Interscope-Geffen A&M, for $1 million in damages (via Spin). The lawsuit claims that pieces of the Schnauss tracks "Wherever You Are" and "A Strangely Isolated Place" both turn up on "Riad N' the Bedouins".

If you listen to all three songs, it's a pretty tough claim to dispute. Before its guitar riff roars in, "Riad N' the Bedouins" has a drawn-out ambient intro that uses wobbly, faraway synth sounds that seem to come directly from both songs.

To hear it for yourself, check here to listen to "Riad" and

and
for the two Schnauss originals.

According to Reuters, the suit names Axl Rose along with a few current and former GNR members: kabuki freakshow virtuoso guitarist Brian "Buckethead" Carroll, former Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson, and Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck.

If it turns out that Guns N' Roses really did unlawfully sample Ulrich Schnauss, it raises a whole bunch of questions: Did Axl really think nobody would notice if he just straight-up swiped pieces of Schauss songs? Did he not trust himself to write his own ambient synthgaze intro? After spending tons of money and way too many years recording Chinese Democracy, couldn't he have bothered to clear his samples? And does Axl just sit around his mansion jamming Ulrich Schnauss all day? Because it would be pretty cool if he did.

And quite like this cover of NR:

http://pitchfork.com/news/36711-guns-n-roses-sued-for-ripping-off-ulrich-schnauss-on-chinese-democracy/

Guns N' Roses Sued for Ripping Off Ulrich Schnauss on Chinese Democracy Superstar pop-metal meets ambient shoegaze, at last. By Tom Breihan on October 6, 2009 at 11:05 a.m.
dda5b7ea.jpg

None of us noticed at the time, but there's a very good chance that "Riad N' the Bedouins", a track from Guns N' Roses' attempted comeback album Chinese Democracy, samples unlicensed chunks of a couple of tracks by the German electronic shoegaze auteur Ulrich Schnauss. Yes, Ulrich Schnauss. Whoa.

As Reuters reports, two indie labels-- Independiente and the American arm of Domino-- are suing GNR and their label, Interscope-Geffen A&M, for $1 million in damages (via Spin). The lawsuit claims that pieces of the Schnauss tracks "Wherever You Are" and "A Strangely Isolated Place" both turn up on "Riad N' the Bedouins".

If you listen to all three songs, it's a pretty tough claim to dispute. Before its guitar riff roars in, "Riad N' the Bedouins" has a drawn-out ambient intro that uses wobbly, faraway synth sounds that seem to come directly from both songs.

and

According to Reuters, the suit names Axl Rose along with a few current and former GNR members: kabuki freakshow virtuoso guitarist Brian "Buckethead" Carroll, former Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson, and Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck.

If it turns out that Guns N' Roses really did unlawfully sample Ulrich Schnauss, it raises a whole bunch of questions: Did Axl really think nobody would notice if he just straight-up swiped pieces of Schauss songs? Did he not trust himself to write his own ambient synthgaze intro? After spending tons of money and way too many years recording Chinese Democracy, couldn't he have bothered to clear his samples? And does Axl just sit around his mansion jamming Ulrich Schnauss all day? Because it would be pretty cool if he did.

This is a hungarian band, so as a hugarian i would like to share that this is an extremely cheesy and shitty cover, like the most of Edda's songs i cringe when i hear it...

I fucking hate them

and this is the worst "professional" NR cover of all time, imo

Poor song raped by this fuckhead singer who sees ufo's everywhere and shit like this :suspicious:

Edited by Crash Diet

dda5b7ea.jpg

and

This is a hungarian band, so as a hugarian i would like to share that this is an extremely cheesy and shitty cover, like the most of Edda's songs i cringe when i hear it...

I fucking hate them

Poor song raped by this fuckhead singer who sees ufo's everywhere and shit like this :suspicious:

I dont know anything about the singer, but quite liked this version and his voice. Havent heard anything else from him

dda5b7ea.jpg

and

I fucking hate them

I dont know anything about the singer, but quite liked this version and his voice. Havent heard anything else from him

trust me, he created a totally boring wedding song from NR (even cheesier than NR was ever)

He isn't a good singer btw