The best music was made in the 80s

Gunner Boy

Well at least this is my personal opinion ....I think that decade was glorious for music and can't be compared to any other. The bands, the style...everything was amazing!!! B) B)

What do yo think?

or.....is it just that GnR were big then :P

yeah i agree with you, everything was about music then and hardly any manufactured pop crap.....they all 'mostly' wrote their own music, even one of my favs Duran Duran wrote their own music which you gotta give them credit for.

Erm the 80s had a lot of cheesy pop crap and the start of boy bands, and shockingly piss poor videos (mostly). Not like in the 70s where the "video" would be them playing live on stage.

So best era i would say was the 70s, when rock ruled the world and got banned by do-gooders for being evil and satanic. :lol:

Erm the 80s had a lot of cheesy pop crap and the start of boy bands, and shockingly piss poor videos (mostly). Not like in the 70s where the "video" would be them playing live on stage.

So best era i would say was the 70s, when rock ruled the world and got banned by do-gooders for being evil and satanic. :lol:

cheesy, yes but manufactured no..!!!

No way. Looking inside and outside of the rock world, the 80's produced some of the most terrible music to date

cant be anyworse then the music scene right know

True. This is how I see things though: todays rock scene is absolutely disgusting, doesn't even compare to the 80's rock scene (which was not as good at the 70's). Todays rap scene pales in comparison to the 90's (Tupac). Quality rap (er some level of quality) and rock are practically non-existant in the 00's.

I think the 80's pop scene is infinately worse than the 90's and 00's. Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera are bad .. but c'mon .. Madonna? Tiffany?

No way. Looking inside and outside of the rock world, the 80's produced some of the most terrible music to date

cant be anyworse then the music scene right know

True. This is how I see things though: todays rock scene is absolutely disgusting, doesn't even compare to the 80's rock scene (which was not as good at the 70's). Todays rap scene pales in comparison to the 90's (Tupac). Quality rap (er some level of quality) and rock are practically non-existant in the 00's.

I think the 80's pop scene is infinately worse than the 90's and 00's. Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera are bad .. but c'mon .. Madonna? Tiffany?

dont forget Sonya :lol:

I can't name a lot of 80s bands that I like, just Gn'R, Iron Maiden, Metallica (kinda) and a few others.

I prefer 60s-70s, mainly because of Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Rainbow (i think) , Free, Lynyrd Skynyrd and others.

But in short i think its all good, it doesnt really matter what decade was better cause they all made great music.

The 80's were good. I don't really like all the hair/pop metal (GN'R is not in that category) too much, I like Motley Crue, but i don't lreally like to many of the other ones. I like all the hard rock, like AC/DC did some good stuff in the 80's, Danzig started in the 80's, but I like the 70's much much better.

Oh someone wants to start shit again!

Actually it came to my mind I enjoy some Robbie Williams songs.

Haven't heard many,maybe I like them all.

He's 100 times better than Oasisters anyway.

He sings great too.

You teadrinking english mofo.

Edited by Raas

Oh someone wants to start shit again!

Actually it came to my mind I enjoy some Robbie Williams songs.

Haven't heard many,maybe I like them all.

He's 100 times better than Oasisters anyway.

He sings great too.

You teadrinking english mofo.

Robbie Williams better than Oasis??

feck off

THE 80's IS THE WORST DECADE OF MUSIC EVER... EVEN IN THE FUTURE i.e 3004 THEY WILL BE SAYING THE 80's WAS SHIT!!!!!

60's and 70's were the best decades! followed by the 90;s.

I totally agree!

Apart from AFD most music of the 80's was pure crap.

Old Metallica - crap??

Maiden - crap??

early Savatage - crap??

Sodom - crap??

Anthrax - crap??

Helloween - crap??

Grave Digger - crap??

:anger::anger::anger: