Motley Crue

Dado

You people got it all wrong, it's not Motley Crue..... it's Mötley Crüe..... :P

Ok who cares for the fuckin german dot thingeys? The Crüe fucking rules...

And for the name theres and interesting fact behind it, Vince Neil (lead) was drinking a bottle of Mötley Crüe vodka or rum I forget which one....

And he chose the name because of the alchahol and that motley crue basicly means trouble makers n' dangerous people...

Fuckin' all in the name of rock n' rollllll

Peace!

That's not what Vince said on their behind the music.

Hey there, i love Motley and i just finished reading there book "THE DIRT". They got there name when Mick was just sitting in the lounge with a bunch of his young freinds and a guy walked in and said ''your a bunch of Motley looking guys'' basiclly. and then Mick wrote it on his folder and later used for the name of the band and rest is history.

And for the name theres and interesting fact behind it, Vince Neil (lead) was drinking a bottle of Mötley Crüe vodka or rum I forget which one....

And he chose the name because of the alchahol and that motley crue basicly means trouble makers n' dangerous people...

Peace!

The Ü is german, but the Ö is Swedish!

And yes they fucking rule.. :blink:

Peace!

That's not what Vince said on their behind the music.

It is what Vince said, not on behind the music though

About the name,someone walked into a room where Mick Mars and some fellas sat(maybe his old band,don't remember)and said:"You look like a Motley fucking crew",Mick wrote it down,later Nikki changed it to:"Mötley Crüe"

About the name,someone walked into a room where Mick Mars and some fellas sat(maybe his old band,don't remember)and said:"You look like a Motley fucking crew",Mick wrote it down,later Nikki changed it to:"Mötley Crüe"

Offcourse they made up that story later to make it sound cool, and it does.

This is from Chronological Crue

"Mick suggests the name Mottley Cru, saying he jotted it down in 1976 when he was rehearsing in the living room where he lived with his band Whitehorse. Nikki tidies the spelling to say Motley Crue, and they add umlauts over the ‘o’ and ‘u’ to give it a militant, aggressive German feel, inspired by the Löwenbräu beer they are drinking at the time. Other names considered were XMAS, Trouble, Bad Blood, Holiday, and Suicidal Tendencies, as the band tried to come up with a name that was already a commonly known and used word or phrase."

Edited by Raas

This is from Chronological Crue

"Mick suggests the name Mottley Cru, saying he jotted it down in 1976 when he was rehearsing in the living room where he lived with his band Whitehorse. Nikki tidies the spelling to say Motley Crue, and they add umlauts over the ‘o’ and ‘u’ to give it a militant, aggressive German feel, inspired by the Löwenbräu beer they are drinking at the time. Other names considered were XMAS, Trouble, Bad Blood, Holiday, and Suicidal Tendencies, as the band tried to come up with a name that was already a commonly known and used word or phrase."

Yay someone agrees with me! I know it's true because I looked at the same thing I just forgot the name of the vodka sorry about that typo :drevil:

this is true, the vince one is a lie, its straight out of their book, "the dirt"