ENCORE

K-DST

Ok so you can trash Slash but you are a fan of Eminem

Somethings not quite right with that <_<

Slash wants to make AFD over and over again. With an attitude like that for me music becomes stangnet and boaring. Eminem is a master of the spoken word. Hed puts words together that by all logic should not go together but some how he does it. His game evolves while Slash sits in one spot left behind.

Somethings not quite right with that  <_<

Slash wants to make AFD over and over again. With an attitude like that for me music becomes stangnet and boaring. Eminem is a master of the spoken word. Hed puts words together that by all logic should not go together but some how he does it. His game evolves while Slash sits in one spot left behind.

Personally I hate Eminem's music... (with a few exceptions... Lose Yourself, Sing for the Moment etc...)

His whole image is based on controversy and hate... As for comparisons with Slash, well that's just ridiculous... Slash was never technically as good as Vai, Satriani etc... but for 7 or 8 years he made the guitar fucking weep. There is a massive difference between people like Slash and Bucket, and GnR will never replace Slash. But I don't think Axl wants to, he wants to go in a different direction. Slash is the last bluesy-rock guitar legend, and it was mainly the mixture of him, Izzy and Axl that were responsible for the music that was GnR.

On topic... I think Eminem may have now lost his general appeal. His first single flopped despite all the help that Wacko Jacko gave him by complaining about it. Eminem's best bet may be to do what Dre did and find new artists and produce for them. I think people are bored of him now. He is one of the biggest artists in the world at the moment but that says more about the music industry at present than how "great" he actually is.

Personally, I'm not a fan, but I can see why people like him and maybe you do... But then again you're so close minded that you can't understand why Slash was a true guitar legend, so in my mind your opinion counts for very little...

And before you call me hypocritical, I do understand why people like Eminem and other rappers, and indeed all different types of music, it's just that personally some of them I wouldn't choose to listen to!

"Just loose it" is like every other first Em single its a pop song to get the ears tuned in but listen to the whole album you heard Mosh yet?

My point was that for an Eminem single it flopped...

It wasn't released to get you tuned for the album... It was released because the record label believed it would sell well. Please don't try and claim that Eminem has the integrity to release a single for any other reason other than he thinks it will sell well...

He is and always has been a money making machine, not a respectable artist with genuine musical integrity. The end may be nigh for Eminem, and not a moment too soon in my opinion.

I haven't heard all of mosh but did hear a little bit. In my opinion he needs to recapture the success of a song like Stan or Lose Yourself very soon or his next album will sell very poorly...

Personally I hate Eminem's music... (with a few exceptions... Lose Yourself, Sing for the Moment etc...)

His whole image is based on controversy and hate... As for comparisons with Slash, well that's just ridiculous... Slash was never technically as good as Vai, Satriani etc... but for 7 or 8 years he made the guitar fucking weep. There is a massive difference between people like Slash and Bucket, and GnR will never replace Slash. But I don't think Axl wants to, he wants to go in a different direction. Slash is the last bluesy-rock guitar legend, and it was mainly the mixture of him, Izzy and Axl that were responsible for the music that was GnR.

On topic... I think Eminem may have now lost his general appeal. His first single flopped despite all the help that Wacko Jacko gave him by complaining about it. Eminem's best bet may be to do what Dre did and find new artists and produce for them. I think people are bored of him now. He is one of the biggest artists in the world at the moment but that says more about the music industry at present than how "great" he actually is.

Personally, I'm not a fan, but I can see why people like him and maybe you do... But then again you're so close minded that you can't understand why Slash was a true guitar legend, so in my mind your opinion counts for very little...

And before you call me hypocritical, I do understand why people like Eminem and other rappers, and indeed all different types of music, it's just that personally some of them I wouldn't choose to listen to!

i agree...i only like, White america, lose yourself, stan and guilty consience...

i hate his actitude, he even dont sing, he does karaoke...like ashlee simpson!!!

Yes Eminem is the master of spoken words, hes going to kill his mom and oppose gay marriages Gotcha.

QUOTE (K-DST @ Nov 14 2004, 03:10 PM)

QUOTE (contraband @ Nov 14 2004, 06:59 AM)

Somethings not quite right with that   

Yes Eminem is the master of spoken words, hes going to kill his mom and oppose gay marriages Gotcha.

jajajaaj...so damn right and funny!! :lol:

Its a song!

Axl wants to kill his girlfriend and hates imigrants and hooray for tolerance&#33;s if I do recall. Sound a lot alike if you as me... Hmmmm... Maybe even on in the same only different forms of music and time period. My 11th and 12th grade Honors Social Studies said it best. "I like some of his stuff now, but if I was your age I'd be huge into him. He is your generations rebel rocker like so many before you. Like Elvis, The Beatles, Kiss and so on."

Its a song!

Axl wants to kill his girlfriend and hates imigrants and hooray for tolerance&#33;s if I do recall. Sound a lot alike if you as me... Hmmmm... Maybe even on in the same only different forms of music and time period. My 11th and 12th grade Honors Social Studies said it best. "I like some of his stuff now, but if I was your age I'd be huge into him. He is your generations rebel rocker like so many before you. Like Elvis, The Beatles, Kiss and so on."

Axl did write a couple of contraversial songs (the 1988 stuff from Lies in particular) but his music wasn't filled with terms like "immigrants and hooray for tolerance&#33;s" or how he wanted to kill his girlfriend. These were one off songs. Eminem's default setting seems to be to sing about killing his girlfriend and hate in general. I'll credit him with originality when he released the Marshall Mathers LP but since then Eminem has re-used a tried and tested formula that if it isn't changed will bring about the end of him.

As for your Social Studies teacher, well to even have Eminem, Elvis and the Beatles in the same sentence is sacriligious. He may be the "best" thing around at the moment but that's only due to the shameful state of the current music scene. I'm not anti-Rap or "black" music in general. I appreciate what the Neptunes, Dre and Missy Elliot have done to the music scene (both in their own releases and the prodcution for other artists). Eminem doesn't rank as highly these people in my opinion, he is a product of one of them and the fact that he has been chosen to produce the next TuPac album would most likely make TuPac turn in his grave!

So no... Your social studies teacher didn't say it best.

Funny my Social Studies teacher is a huge Beatles fan and has seen them live. What he was saying is that all spoke to a generation and sorry if that bothers you but thats what they all did and what Em' is doing. In that way Em' is no different than the Beatles sure the music is different and sure his music may not last as long but he is this generations Beatles. 1.7 million units in a week sounds like he hit a nerve.

How will make millions and cashing in bring the end of him? He got payed he never has to worry again. He moved from a trailer to Neverland he made it.

His new album s lyricaly somewhat weak but Dre's beats as always are white hot. Em' has produced many of his own songs. Some are huge hits... Loose Yourself

Chuck D, Ice-T, Dre, Snoop, and Method Man all say he is one of the greats in the rap game. If the masters of rap say he is great then thats what he is.

Funny my Social Studies teacher is a huge Beatles fan and has seen them live. What he was saying is that all spoke to a generation and sorry if that bothers you but thats what they all did and what Em' is doing. In that way Em' is no different than the Beatles sure the music is different and sure his music may not last as long but he is this generations Beatles. 1.7 million units in a week sounds like he hit a nerve.

How will make millions and cashing in bring the end of him? He got payed he never has to worry again. He moved from a trailer to Neverland he made it.

His new album s lyricaly somewhat weak but Dre's beats as always are white hot. Em' has produced many of his own songs. Some are huge hits... Loose Yourself

Chuck D, Ice-T, Dre, Snoop, and Method Man all say he is one of the greats in the rap game. If the masters of rap say he is great then thats what he is.

IMO, the lyricson Encore are witty, funny, sarcastic and smart as always, if not better. I find the choruses on the album somewhat annoying, Em's production skills are questionable... Really makes some songs sound awfull. And some songs just sound bad, like "My 1st Single". All in all, the albums is great, Em keeps hitting with ill innovative flows and it's really cool. "Big Weenie" is such a fucking hilarious song.

"Alright now we, we're going to conduct

That experiment that we were talking about earlier

Just to see what a frog looks like when it takes two hits of ecstasy

Cuz that's exactly what your eyes look like, want to check to see?

Here's a mirror, notice the resemblence here?

Wait, let me put these sun glasses on

Now look in this mirror, how about now?

What do you have in common?

You're both green with envy and look like idiots with sunglasses on 'em"

That part... hahahahaha... and the way he says it...

All in all.... The album is kinda weak for his standarts. Let's all hope the suicide theory is true. That Eminem will be gone and Slim Shady will be back.

So what, he's a paranoid schizophrenic?

The pics on the covers of Encore show Eminem putting a gun in his mouth and on the CD itself there is like a suicide note printed.

The suicide theory says that with this album, Eminem kills Marshall Mathers and his mainstream being, and next album (maybe his last) will feature Slim Shady, Eminem's second character, his alter ego, if you like.

It's just theories though.

Anyways. Encore, like i said, is a weak album in the standarts of maybe the best rapper alive. But after I listen to it more and more, it's not bad at all, you just excpect more from Eminem.