The Hives

gnrlies

Im here to sing the praises of a band that I truly believe to be the best live band in the world.

Ive seen over 40 bands many of them famous international bands, so im not basing this of inexperience. Their brand of entertainment sucks you in and makes you eat out of their hands like you would no other band. Pele is amazing as a frontman. Reminds me of axl in terms of enthusiasm onstage.

But they were incredible.

Here are my pics from last night

hives1.jpg

hives2.jpg

hives3.jpg

hives4.jpg

hives5.jpg

hives6.jpg

hives7.jpg

hives8.jpg

I think he means distortion on the guitars ;P

Yeh the hives are fucking awsome. I still say red hot chili peppers is a better live band , but the hives come in at 2nd. I love their music, its so non-serious, if thats the way to put it. NON-serious rock n roll, just like the sex pistols.

Im gonna see them at the Aussie BDO on sunday =D Cant wait

I think he means distortion on the guitars ;P

Yeh the hives are fucking awsome. I still say red hot chili peppers is a better live band , but the hives come in at 2nd. I love their music, its so non-serious, if thats the way to put it. NON-serious rock n roll, just like the sex pistols.

Im gonna see them at the Aussie BDO on sunday =D Cant wait

Come on man!

RHCP are awefull live...

there ok but The Best Live Band...............give me a break

Have you seen them live??

And just out of curiosity what band would you say is better?

(not saying that there isn't a better band, just that Id like to see you back up your statements with some substance)

fucken hell some people here shit me off

You just jump to conclusions and you havent even seen them live...

If you have I challenge you to debate what im saying cos im sure that if you have then you would agree, at least to the point that you would say "yes they were fantastic". And its got nothing to do with their music. I dont really see their albums in the same league as other bands Ive seen, but as a purely live band, they take the cake by a long way. So thats to say that for example just because Metallica is your fav band, you can still see the hives as a better live band, even though your gonna be more thrilled to death to see your fav band, metallica, live in the flesh. are the hives the best live band all time, no they arent the greatest live band of all time (and prolly far from it)..

I think GNR are the greatest live band of all time, but for a band going around today in 2005 it'd take a lot of beating.

Red hot chilli peppers are rubbish. You want to know why? Anthony is always off key, john cant keep a rhythm going for shit, he's too lazy - bring back dave. Flea is awesome I wont say anything bad about him there cos theres nothing bad. The drummer (cant remember his name) is ok i spose. As a band they dont click with one another. Their chemeistry seems false. Ive seen them twice live and they fucken suck. Their dvd's suck. Look at off the map. Thats rubbish. Slane castle is slightly better.

Im here to sing the praises of a band that I truly believe to be the best live band in the world.

Ive seen over 40 bands many of them famous international bands, so im not basing this of inexperience. Their brand of entertainment sucks you in and makes you eat out of their hands like you would no other band. Pele is amazing as a frontman. Reminds me of axl in terms of enthusiasm onstage.

But they were incredible.

Here are my pics from last night

hives1.jpg

hives2.jpg

hives3.jpg

hives4.jpg

hives5.jpg

hives6.jpg

hives7.jpg

hives8.jpg

are you like swedish?

fucken hell some people here shit me off

You just jump to conclusions and you havent even seen them live...

If you have I challenge you to debate what im saying cos im sure that if you have then you would agree, at least to the point that you would say "yes they were fantastic". And its got nothing to do with their music. I dont really see their albums in the same league as other bands Ive seen, but as a purely live band, they take the cake by a long way. So thats to say that for example just because Metallica is your fav band, you can still see the hives as a better live band, even though your gonna be more thrilled to death to see your fav band, metallica, live in the flesh. are the hives the best live band all time, no they arent the greatest live band of all time (and prolly far from it)..

I think GNR are the greatest live band of all time, but for a band going around today in 2005 it'd take a lot of beating.

Red hot chilli peppers are rubbish. You want to know why? Anthony is always off key, john cant keep a rhythm going for shit, he's too lazy - bring back dave. Flea is awesome I wont say anything bad about him there cos theres nothing bad. The drummer (cant remember his name) is ok i spose. As a band they dont click with one another. Their chemeistry seems false. Ive seen them twice live and they fucken suck. Their dvd's suck. Look at off the map. Thats rubbish. Slane castle is slightly better.

someone's done their hw :rolleyes:

greatest live band ever in my opinion is the who or jimi

...not that that has anything to do with anything :unsure:

You bastard gnrlies... did u go to that.... i really really wanted to go.. They were amazing at bdo... but yeah... if i went to that i woulda gone to bdo the that then oils then wave aid... and i dont think i woulda had the cash ay....

Fuck they are good though.... Says some funny shit on stage!

RHCP are awefull live...

Haha

RHCP are one of the best live acts ever.

Yeah The Hives are okay I guess :huh::lol:

Erm... ive seen rhcp.... nothing to rave about... id see hives a million times over b4 chillies...... and i like the chillies

Quotes from Big Day Out

"Introducing... the master of the telecaster! the tzar of the guitar! the ayatollah of rock n rolla! Dr Matt Destruction!"

"As you can see The Hives do not adapt to the weather! The weather will have to adapt to The Hives!"

"We are hives and we play good music so that you will not listen to bad music. when you hear bad music your head will be full of good music like hives and you will not listen to the bad music"

"i will be your preist for the day...bad music is devil music"

"This song is about greedy people. Are you greedy, Sydney?"

*cheers*

"What is it you want? Do you want more Hives?"

*cheers*

"That is not being greedy! That is being sane!"

"When we dont make noise, you cheer.. ok?"

*cheers*

"because we are from sweden which is cool we are cool people"

"its so fucking hot but we are so cool. Its like a polar bear in the desert. We are so cool that we are going to make you all freeze to death and then you will become vampires."

A few of these arn't exact lol

Edited by Stupid_Moron

(not saying that there isn't a better band, just that Id like to see you back up your statements with some substance)

how about Metallica,GNR...and from the oldies....Queen,KISS or even Nirvana

how about Metallica,GNR...and from the oldies....Queen,KISS or even Nirvana

Metallica... they are good... but i think what gnrlies is trying to say is like... yeah they are good... but they arnt as "entertaining". Its hard to explain... just go and see them and have fun!

They got an awesome wrap in the Sunday Telegraph aswell...

Havent seen gnr... just seen vids... but of course they are going to be the best. This is a gnr forum.... dah

Yeah like theres a difference between going and seeing your favourite band live and coming home thrilled because you dont just that, than seeing a band that you dont really think is particularly great, and coming home convinced that Pelle is the king of the planet.

• 2 weeks later...