This will steal Axls thunder this summer....

rockerman

http://www. the sun.co uk/article/0,,2-2002471692,00.html -Achilles last stand websi te

Led Zeppelin planning to go on tour in US this summer in support of DVD project and studio works..

Heard it on the news today also. Apparently 3 remaining  band members and 2 drummers 1 being Jason Bonham.

If this is true its going to be HUGE -bigger as far as audience participation- than Axls tour  could be. Jimmy Page is finishing works on  the DVD.

I have to agree with the article that said Axls tour wasn't being promoted right and tht it wasn't drawing what it should have. As for Areana act? At first maybe not but I felt like they were "there" when I saw them. Who knows maybe GNR can open for Zepplin........NOT

Actually, I think if Axl gets his act together, releases the album and gets some really good promotion for a summer tour, they could kick the Zep tour to touch. Don't get me wrong, I love Zep too, but I can see a LOT of the younger generation (of which I'm a part) getting hooked on the new GNR. If Axl plays his cards right, by the end of the summer GNR could be VERY big.

Wouldn't it be ironic if CC did the Led Zeppelin tour.  It would be interesting to see if Plant's voice changed since his heyday.

Actually, Plant and Led Zep were on VH1 a few weeks back doing a concert. (I think it was a Storytellers segment -- but I'm not sure because I tuned in after it had started). Anyhow, he certainly looked different, but he could still hit a lot of those high notes. I thought they sounded pretty good.

I heard that on the radio also , and if this is true then it'll be HUGE because a lot of people are into LZ and that's cause it's got that cross-generational appeal , besides they are one of the most legendary rock groups ever and they don't blow off shows or have promoters cancel on them  :P , I sure hope that this happens ,because it'll be F*kin awesome . Maybe The Project can open  ;D

Peace GnR Nation  8)

according to www.led-zeppelin.com  there will be NO REUNION this summer. hopefully it's just 1 of those things where they're trying to keep it "hush,hush" until the right moment. i guess we'll see when summer comes. as for GnR hopefully Axl gets his stuff together, finds another promoter and gets to do a tour this summer. if this happens, hopefully he'll do the whole tour, show up for EVERY show, and realize this " i'm a rock star, treat me like i'm god" crap isn't gonna fly anymore. i'm a HUGE GnR fan and have been since 87, but Axl needs to start showing a lil more respect to the people that put him where he is, and i'm not talking bout the old band either, i'm talkin bout US , the FANS.