It's been 11 years since Kurt Cobain has passed

Almost Famous

It has been 11 years since Mr. Cobain got his head blewn off.What are your memories of the insident,or memories of Kurt?

The accident:I remember hearing about it on what was then 93.7 the Edge,now know as 93X.I was 5 and my mom was shocked when she found out and so was I.She was shocked because my parents just met him on 1/11/94.We've got 6 autographs.

Kurt:1993 VMA where my parents met Kurt n' Courtney n' Francis.I was watching it on the TV and I saw Kurt walk past a camera then I saw my dad walk past about 10 seconds later.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't have memories of him, when he was alive (I was 7 when he died and i wasn't that into music at that time), but my sister told me how she heard the news:

she and her classmates were in a schoolbus, when the news came, so the busdriver parked at the side of the road and turned the radio louder.

some classmates of her started crying, and everybody was shocked.

cool move from the busdriver i think.

for me, Kurt is kinda hero, his music helped me through very fucked up times, and so he'll always be one of my faves, no matter what some other people say about him.

R.I.P. Kurt

( i know i am a bit late)

for me, Kurt is kinda hero, his music helped me through very fucked up times, and so he'll always be one of my faves, no matter what some other people say about him.

R.I.P. Kurt

Same with me.I semi-think he is over rated,But he is a lyrical genius.But I don't think he can play guitar that good.

RIP

i remember when he died, i remember them been on top of the pops and i generally just remember them been around. i never thought they were any good - i appreciate that other people do and i guess they appealed to a lot of people coz of that whole tortured artist thing. i just find the music hugely lacking. i prefer performers

I guess i can make my contribrution by changing the lyrics for the chorus of Smells Like Teen Spirit.

When He died I, Celebrated!

And His Albums, Got Cremated

Cos His Songs Were, Overrated

And His Fan They, Need Castrated!

:kiss:

haha I just love morons like you.Say whatever you want about Kurt and his music but that won't change the fact that he's a rock legend

i don't have memories of him, when he was alive (I was 7 when he died and i wasn't that into music at that time), but my sister told me how she heard the news:

she and her classmates were in a schoolbus, when the news came, so the busdriver parked at the side of the road and turned the radio louder.

some classmates of her started crying, and everybody was shocked.

cool move from the busdriver i think.

R.I.P. Kurt

i kinda agree with you.. when i was down.. i would put on a nirvana record..

sofakingwhat: are you jealous that kurt and nirvana partly contributed to gnrs downfall... fair enough you dont like their music.,.. but you probably havent even heard it, probably to busy imagining you and axl doing it...

I guess i can make my contribrution by changing the lyrics for the chorus of Smells Like Teen Spirit.

:lol: Hahaha.

got his head blewn off

No, he blew his own head off. And that doesn't make him a hero.

I don't care how much MTV idolizes him, I won't give respect to people that effectively killed rock. It may have been bad with all that hair metal bullshit, but not nearly as bad as what followed. Its because of him that there's no rock n' roll today, and its because of him that bands like 3 Doors Down, Creed, Korn, and all this bullshit could get famous.

I was never a big Nirvana fan. I thought that their music was at best good. I really never got into the whole Seattle scene except ALice in Chains. I feel like the reason Nirvana was so big was because Kurt ended his life. I think that if he was still living, Nirvana's music would be considered average or good.

got his head blewn off

I don't care how much MTV idolizes him, I won't give respect to people that effectively killed rock. It may have been bad with all that hair metal bullshit, but not nearly as bad as what followed. Its because of him that there's no rock n' roll today, and its because of him that bands like 3 Doors Down, Creed, Korn, and all this bullshit could get famous.

actually he was murdered..

read "who killed kurt cobain" and "love and death"

got his head blewn off

I love people who live in denial. hes dead, get over it.

That is why I said Blewn off.I know that I spelled that wrong also.Both of those books make very strong points that you can't deny that are true.I've read every Kurt Cobain book the libary,but I've not read one that is better then "Heaiver Then Heaven","Who Killed Kurt Cobain?" and "Love And Death" Those are the 3 best Kurt books you can read IMO.IF you've got the time read "Heavier Then Heaven"

That is why I said Blewn off.I know that I spelled that wrong also.Both of those books make very strong points that you can't deny that are true.I've read every Kurt Cobain book the libary,but I've not read one that is better then "Heaiver Then Heaven","Who Killed Kurt Cobain?" and "Love And Death" Those are the 3 best Kurt books you can read IMO.IF you've got the time read "Heavier Then Heaven"

i was talking to shiaobudan not you.. soz

ive read all those too.. heavier than heaven isnt reliable because it was written by charles cross.. but courtney edited it to her liking... i dont like that book...