Guns at cleveland ohio

pacer64

They were the best!!!!!!!!!!!! rocked the house.. Forget the old band members..They dont need them at all. I was in the center, on the floor just a couple of rows back. I always thought i had seen the concert of my life when i see metallica... but i can say now that axl just kicked there ass!@ What a concert....perrrrrrrrrrrrfect!

We drove 7 hours to get there and i would do it again !

I must add  a couple of things... When the concert started axl was standing up by the drummer smoking a cigar... It was real cool... he was in the best mood... Joked with the crowd.

What really sucked for me was when he came out on the encore,axl pointed at me and threw the whistle for pardise city... and i had it in my hands and some girls dad ripped it out of my hands... >:(

Let me just say, SLASH WHO!! As you may know, I never saw GNR in the old days, but this show is history in the making! Bucketheads fingers are so long and totally amazing. All 3 guys were fabulous on the guitar. Each one made the songs their own. If you didn't know that they weren't the original guys, you would have never known.  

Lets start this by saying, I was really hoping that my husband could go with me to the show. As it turns out, he was very sick and couldn't handle it. I ended up taking my friend Wendy. So, I gassed up my car and made sure I had plenty of fluids. I then came online to get specific driving instructions since I have never been to downtown Cleveland before. I was starving, but too excited to eat. I figured I would eat before the show somewhere, but I was still too excited. Fortunately, I dont drink and drive, so there was no alcohol in my system to mix with no food. I would have been worthless. Wendy and I got into Cleveland and missed the fact that East 9th Street is the same as Broadway. We were looking everywhere for Broadway. Somehow we ended up in front of the RNR Hall of Fame. I took a pic. There was no traffic, so we drove around a bit and found the Gund totally by accident! We finally found a parking place 2 blocks away and parked. $10 for parking!  We went to the will-call window. I showed my ID and the guy brought out this envelope and I signed it. He then gave me the 2 tix and we were pumped already! We got something to drink and hit the bathroom and found our seats.   (continued next post)

We were in the 12th row back on the left side of the stage looking at it. The 2 girls sitting beside us had gotten their tix from some of the crew the nite before at the Hard Rock Cafe. They just happened to be at the right place at the right time I guess. The guy that had given them to them had come to their seats to make sure everything was ok with them as well. COOL!    

The show started on time at 7:30 with CKY. They were ok. My kids would have loved them. I am even thinking of investing in a cd for my son soon. Mix Master Mike was fabulous! I have never in my life heard such an ecclectic mixture of music. He had the crowd going good. He was finished at about 9 pm.  

We watched the stage like hawks watching their prey. NOTHING.  Thinking back to things I had read beforehand, I figured GNR would be hitting the stage at about 9:30. For whatever reason, they weren't there at that time, but we finally heard those first few notes of Welcome to the Jungle right about 10. Buckethead came out and played and you could see the other guys coming onto the stage as he played more and more. Then out of nowhere it seemed, Axl comes running onto the stage singing his heart out! There were 2 giant screens so everyone could see everything. I cannot even begin to remember the order that they did the songs. I know that when they did Madagascar, I was the only one dancing and singing, although, nobody was sitting during that time and the roar didn't die as much as you would have expected it to during a new song. When it was time for them to do "The Blues", Axl looked at Dizzy and said, Mr Reed, could you come down here for a minute. I was really hoping that he would have talked to him for a minute, but he didn't. Dizzy sat right down and started playing. It got almost quiet in there as he played the beginning of the song. Except for me of course! I was singing right along. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to watch the monitors or the stage. I chose the stage! When they did November Rain, Axl sat down to the piano and started singing, "youre an asshole, youre an asshole." It was funny. Everyone laughed really hard. I had a slight preview review of Live and Let Die, so I knew that I had to watch that song close. It was so cool. The pyros were excellent. Not only during that song, but during the whole show. Dizzy started in a blue button down shirt that ended up unbuttoned and eventually off. Then he changed into a T shirt of some sort but I am not sure what one. Axl started in Red and White jersey for Ohio State. He said something about how red was the color for him cuz he felt like it was a red nite for him. He later changed into a Browns Jersey and then into an Indians Jersey. It was really cool the way he wore all 3 jerseys from our 3 fav teams here! He mentioned how when he was singing in the church as a small boy, he didn't think this is what they had planned for him. LOL  He ran across the stage as you would have expected him to in the old days, showing that he still has it. I am still amazed how Dizzy doesn't have a headache at the end of every show with the way he bounces his head around. I had a bad review of Chris already, so I went in not liking him. And I came out not liking him even more! Brain was everything a drummer should be, hard hitting, loud, right on time, and awesome! Tommy was cool in his little white shirt and plaid pants. He fits in well on that stage with those guys. Robin was in his hometown, so you know he was trying to do his best and he did. His facial expressions as he plays are amazing. He really gets into whatever he is playing. Richard...ha, Axl said something about how Richard was approached in the airport by a kid thinking he was Izzy! How funny!  As I said in the beginning of this email, SLASH WHO! Buckethead is amazing. He has this white guitar with red stripes on it. It is huge. When he plays, you are mesmerized. The graphics they use on the screens with his music takes you into another world. They kept showing his hands playing and it was so amazing to watch him move! He gave toys away to the front row and then moped away.   (continued next post)

The people in front of us were ok to start and then the girl started to go nuts over Axl and it was pissing her boyfriend off and he threatened to leave her there. She was going to let him and then he changed his mind, but she also changed her tune! He kept making phone calls on his cell phone letting people listen to the show. Security came 3 times and told him if they came one more time he would have to leave. There were 3 minor fights before GNR came on stage. I was so afraid that these would cancel the show, but relieved when they didn't! During the show, there was another fight with a couple in our row and the people in front of them. The guy from the front row had to leave, while his wife and son got to stay, I was glad too, cuz you could tell that this kid was about 14 or so and a real fan! Unlike the girls beside me that only knew the songs that had been on the radio in the past 5 years!  Anywho, when the show ended, or so we thought, the lights were down, and then Axl came back out and said about how his producer said that he had to do one more song. That is when they did Paradise City and it was amazing.

Most of the entire show, I watched Dizzy, but something kept taking me to the other guys too. They were all amazing that nite.  When the lights came up, everyone seemed to leave in an orderly fashion. Wendy and I stayed around for a few minutes, knowing that my family was expecting me home soon and I had to go to work the next morning. All these girls that had passes were getting into fights with thier signifcant others and a couple of them even left them there. I dont think I could have chosen GNR over my husband even as much as I love them. Finally got to meet Dizzy. He was talking to someone else when Wendy dragged me over to him and said its now or never. I introduced myself and told him about how I have his online fan group. I thanked him for the great show I told him I had to leave though cuz I had to work and my hubby was waiting for me. He asked me why I had to leave, I should stay and hang for a little bit. I would have loved to, but I REALLY had to go. We talked about what he was drinking (tonic water he said! LOL) and then he came back and said with vodka! I told him sounded like a good drink, but I really had to go. He gave me a little hug and we left. I was running all the way to my car I was so excited. I drove all the way home on cloud 25!  Thanks Guys!!  talk soon, amy

as ive said before, as soon is a can tell the review is positive, i am not reading it! haha im not going to make myself jealous!~

areyou going to any shows?  I cannnot wait to hear your review if yo uare ;D

I just need to clarify something that was changed when I posted my review of the Cleveland show. I would have never realized this if I hadn't posted the same review at another forum and reread it. When I posted it here, somehow what I wrote was changed. SO, for the record:

In my review where it says: "When they did November Rain, Axl sat down to the piano and started singing, "youre an not a very nice person, youre an not a very nice person." It was funny."

That is NOTwhat I typed, nor what Axl said. But since things will be changed, let me fix it.

Axl sat down and sang this line a couple of times:

"You're an A**Hole, You're and A**Hole".

I just wanted to clarify what was really sang at the show and what I had really typed!

Have a great week!

amy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just need to clarify something that was changed when I posted my review of the Cleveland show. I would have never realized this if I hadn't posted the same review at another forum and reread it. When I posted it here, somehow what I wrote was changed. SO, for the record:

In my review where it says: "When they did November Rain, Axl sat down to the piano and started singing, "youre an not a very nice person, youre an not a very nice person." It was funny."  

That is NOTwhat I typed, nor what Axl said. But since things will be changed, let me fix it.

Axl sat down and sang this line a couple of times:

"You're an A**Hole, You're and A**Hole".

I just wanted to clarify what was really sang at the show and what I had really typed!  

Have a great week!

amy  

he sang that about me and my buddy ~ we were singing "One In a Million " really loud and he was getting a kick out of it....