Rate these albums: PINK FLOYD

kevdo242

Guest gnr>everything
And I don't like Wish ou Were Here :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:o Really? How come?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know why Yamisonic doesn't like it, but most people's complaints are that the songs are too long. Some Pink Floyd songs would be better if some unnecessary length was cut out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that's what I was thinking, that he didn't like the length of SOYCD or something, but Have A Cigar and WYWH are both great and normal length.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know why Yamisonic doesn't like it, but most people's complaints are that the songs are too long. Some Pink Floyd songs would be better if some unnecessary length was cut out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that's what I was thinking, that he didn't like the length of SOYCD or something, but Have A Cigar and WYWH are both great and normal length.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ya floyd would be liked alot more if the songs werent 20 min. but i like it.

its another thing that makes them unique and different from the rest

It's unique, but sometimes it just makes the song worse.  "Echoes", for example, is a good song, but I'd definately listen to it a lot more if a lot of the echo noises were cut out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i fucking love that song! to me, it would be the same if they were cut out. it moves the song along nicely

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's because I don't really like Welcome To The Machine, and if you dont like one song in a 5-song album, you're screwed. The second part of SOYCD is a bit dragged too, and I like SOYCD but I think it was a bad move putting it as the opener, because of the endless guitar solo (though it's a great song IMO). I think Have A Cigar is okay, and I love Wish You Were Here. Guess it'll grow on me though.

It has nothing to do with the lengths of songs, really. Just one little bit. But it'll grow on me :P

Dark Side Of The Moon

The Wall

The Final Cut

A Momentary Lapse Of Reason

Those are the albums that I know the material well enough and enjoy. I get the feeling that many fans enjoyed the Pink Floyd era best before Waters left.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed, but I'd make another seperation.

The first half is where the band were at what I consider their best period. DSOTM and WYWH. They were made when the band was still...a band. A group. And eventhough Waters was already becomming a more dominant member it's still all in relativel good harmony. I think that the balance really shifted at the time of Animals, The Wall was waters dominated by waters and The Final Cut might have been a Waters solo album.

I think the first half of that is the best.

The psychadelic period can be shifted into Syd and post-syd I guess. Both amazing, new and experimental. I'm a big Syd fan, but I also love their experimental post-syd stuff. I guess at the time of Meddle the balance was already shifting more towards what would become DSOTM, especialy musicaly.

And then there's ofcourse the post-waters era. Which was good, but on a conceptual and lyrical level not as good as when Waters was there.

jmo...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reading up on Pink Floyd The Wall's film trivia on imdb it stated that The Final Cut featured work that was originally intended for The Wall but was not used.

Dark Side Of The Moon

The Wall

The Final Cut

A Momentary Lapse Of Reason

Those are the albums that I know the material well enough and enjoy. I get the feeling that many fans enjoyed the Pink Floyd era best before Waters left.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed, but I'd make another seperation.

The first half is where the band were at what I consider their best period. DSOTM and WYWH. They were made when the band was still...a band. A group. And eventhough Waters was already becomming a more dominant member it's still all in relativel good harmony. I think that the balance really shifted at the time of Animals, The Wall was waters dominated by waters and The Final Cut might have been a Waters solo album.

I think the first half of that is the best.

The psychadelic period can be shifted into Syd and post-syd I guess. Both amazing, new and experimental. I'm a big Syd fan, but I also love their experimental post-syd stuff. I guess at the time of Meddle the balance was already shifting more towards what would become DSOTM, especialy musicaly.

And then there's ofcourse the post-waters era. Which was good, but on a conceptual and lyrical level not as good as when Waters was there.

jmo...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reading up on Pink Floyd The Wall's film trivia on imdb it stated that The Final Cut featured work that was originally intended for The Wall but was not used.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, true.

Read this one:

http://www.pinkfloyd-co.net/disco/tfc/tfc_album.html

Especialy this:

"Another departure from the norm was the title of the album....'The Final Cut; A Requiem for the Post War Dream' By Roger Waters .. performed by Pink Floyd."

http://www.pinkfloyd-co.net/disco/disc_idx.html is a good disco :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome! That's like the gnrinfo.tk for Pink Floyd! Is there a good information site for Led Zeppelin on the web?

I've now become a Pink Floyd fan so I want to know which albums I should get (after I buy Dark Side Of The Moon of course) so rate these with the best album first and the worst one last.

You have to own

Dark Side Of The Moon

Wish You Were Here

The Wall

And Echo's for their early stuff

Nice to have includes

The Wall Live

Delicate Sound Of Thunder