Most Famous Song?

Yamisonic

What do you think is the most famous song? Not counting Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, etc etc... And NO movie themes

For me it would be

Blue Moon - Frank Sinatra

Knockin On Heaven's Door - Any

Yesterday - Beatles

Hey Jude - Beatles

Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple

To begin with

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhere over the rainbow, Eye of the Tiger, the Gambler, ... damn no movies huh??

Jailhouse Rock??

Born in the USA!!!!

We Are the World.

Candle in the Wind

Desperado

You are my Sunshine

Mary had a little lamb...

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little star.... ABC song....Bah Bah Black Sheep

Ok, I got bored.

Well I once played Kashmir in Music class and everyone said 'Godzilla!' Or maybe thats just one of the most recognisable songs.

Probably a Beatles song or Imagine. I have never met a person who didnt know the outro to Hey Jude.

Edited by kevdo242

Smells Like Teen Spirit is a very famous song...  :blink: It's not which you like best, but which is the most famous

Another pretty famous song is Got My Mind Set On You by George Harrison

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really, my friends (who don't really like the rock/grunge/etc music scene) would know it's by Nirvana, but not how it went.

We Will Rock You.

Is this currently famous?  Because songs like "Hit Me Baby One More Time" is a lot more famous now than some of the songs you are listing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I beg to differ.

I've seen stadiums arena's, parks and field sing along with We Are The Champions / We Will Rock You at every festival, sporting event or ceremony it get's played. These songs just bust trough any thinkable generation gap.

I doube most people over 30 are even able, let alone willing to sing baby one more time along.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't mean it was more popular than every song mentioned. I doubt it's more well known than "Satisfaction", "Thriller", etc.... But I would assume it's more popular/well known than several others. It's all just assumption, though.