S&M

worldwideboss

I just bought Metallica's S&M and I can't believe what I have been missing! This record is so great! Especially the version of Enter Sandman, it kicks ass! What do you think about it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fuckin love it man. I love Hero of the Day, Battery, Master of Puupets, and most definately For Whom the Bell Tolls. Nice choice man.

I havent listened to the cd but I have the DVD and its pretty fuckin good. There are some songs I dont feel work very well in that setting (Sandman, Fuel, Sad But True, and Devils Dance). However, I think Call of Ktulu, The Thing That Should Not Be, and Hero of the Day are actually way better here than the original versions. Plus, No Leaf Clover and -Human are both great songs.

The Unforgiven and Fade to Black should have definitely have been here.

Edited by Appetite18

crappy song list,band that really is past their prime and the orchestra is annoyingly out of place

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

finally someone whos not insane

S&M butchers metallica...thats all, i love metallica for their experimentation (look at the differences between the albums) but this is too far.

It just...doesn't sound right, not to mention hetfields voice is crap, and come on

" ARE YOU ALIVE?! HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE ALIVE!?"

-James Hetfield, Battery, S&M

what the fuck is that?

from a musical perspecitve yeah...its a good idea, but leave it to bands where itll fit (KISS symphony was pretty good, rock n roll all nite was ruined though)

metallica + symphony = oil + water

to me at least, the sounds dont mix its just like, a symphony orchestra playing random notes and metallica half ass jamming underneath

and i repeat, hetfields voice *shudder*

JMHO

and last time i tried to debate this with someone he splurted out a bunch of pointless shit about metallica's previous albums i knew already, turned around and walked away before hearing my opinion....so i had to get that off my chest...asshole

What was wrong with the album?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He was talking about the next Metallica album...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yet my question still applies

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

St Anger is awful in my opinion. It showcases absoloutely nothing of what Metallica as a band are capable of. It's just to be frank, boring. For decades Metallica were always about making something new and unique and they continued to do that until Load/Reload. After that we got a double LP of covers, a live album and then the biggest load of trash ever. For years the metal band's of the world tried to be Metallica - and failed. With St Anger, Metallica tried to sound like every other band out there - and suceeded.

"No one does guitar solos anymore" - Lars Ulrich

"What the fuck?!" - Kirk Hammett.

R.

What was wrong with the album?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He was talking about the next Metallica album...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yet my question still applies

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

St Anger is awful in my opinion. It showcases absoloutely nothing of what Metallica as a band are capable of. It's just to be frank, boring. For decades Metallica were always about making something new and unique and they continued to do that until Load/Reload. After that we got a double LP of covers, a live album and then the biggest load of trash ever. For years the metal band's of the world tried to be Metallica - and failed. With St Anger, Metallica tried to sound like every other band out there - and suceeded.

"No one does guitar solos anymore" - Lars Ulrich

"What the fuck?!" - Kirk Hammett.

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In total agreeance with this. I'm even pissed at the direction Megadeth took after their comeback. I had a copy of S&M that I found at a second hand music shop, and I gave it a listen. I gave it to a friend and he listened to it. It ended right back up at that same shop a few days later. It's probably still there along with my St.Anger. I gave these albums a chance several times in hope I would get into them, but musically I changed as so did there music. It did just not meet my tastes.