AC/DC - Powerage

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I just got this and I think it might be my favorite with Bon. I don't understand how this one is so under the radar. It's very bluesy and I think I read somewhere that it was Malcolm's favorite, maybe it was Angus, it was one of 'em. My only complaint is that kicked in the teeth has a riff very similar to let there be rock. Any thoughts on this underappreciated classic?

It is a great album but IMO the production isn't very good, the sound is very tinny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For me if it's AC/DC and it's raw enough I don't care much about the production, maybe that's why it's overlooked though.

I think Keith Richards listed it as his favourite album.

It's bloody great, but I'd rank it behind stuff like Let There Be Rock, Back In Black and TNT.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? That's sort of hard to believe. Keith is hip for having listened to young bands when he had already been on top for so long.

Yer powerage is amazing, total blues rock its fantastic. I still like let there be rock better, but apart from that its my favourite bon album, riff raff, sin city, rocknroll damnation, whats next to the moon i cant choose a favourite.

yes powerage is very underated but most people who are not very familiar with AC/DC probably have not listened to the whole album..but Riff Raff and Sin City are two great songs and same with Rock n' Roll Damnation and Gimme a Bullet...who am i kidding the whole album just rocks rock3

Edited by FunkyMonk