Slash's cool technique

Hey guys. I was just wondering if any of you could explain to me the quick bending technique Slash uses and how to do it. Slash does this technique after Patience at Paris '92 and other places. My guitar teacher can do it just as well and he taught me it in like 2 minutes but I couldn't get the hang of it and I forgot. Here's a clip of Slash doing it on the Drew Carey Show. The image is a little blurry but I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about.

Thanks dudes

Slash on Drew Carey Show

I recorded and tried to show how it works using an example of Slither (I never learned the solo, just from what I've messed around with, but the little lick that involves what you're talking about is correct).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O6FGP8GI

This solo is mostly in D minor pentatonic. If you don't know what that is, learning your pentatonic scales will help a lot with learning a lot of these licks, since 99% of rock licks are based off those scales (Maybe not 99%, but you catch my drift). What I do when playing it is bend bend the 3rd string 12th fret up (Which is a G note) to an A note (3rd string 14th fret) using my third finger, and then hitting the 10th fret second string (Another A note) with my first finger and then hammering on to the 13th fret 2nd string and pulling off quickly back to the 10th fret. Then you just repeat that a couple times pretty quickly. I slowed it down in the video to see what I'm saying, and here's a tab if it's still confusing.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|-------10h13p10-------10h13p10-------10h13p10-------10h13p10-|

|-12b14----------12b14------------12b14-------------12b14----------|

That's what the tab would look like. b meaning bend, h meaning hammer on, and p meaning pull off. I also included a clip of the solo of Slither from a performance on Letterman. Sorry for the shitty quality of the video, and I wasn't using a wah pedal so that's why the solo won't sound exact to the one on the record. If you still got any questions or what-ev just post'm, or someone else try explaining if I didn't do a good job or just made things confusing. But I can't stress how important it is to learn those penatonics man; it's the basis of everything holy, man!

Anyway, good luck to you and your playin'

PB

PartyBoy, I can't thank you enough. That video was awesome and I appreciate the fact that you put up a video for me. You rock man. Keep up with your awesome playing, I know I'm trying to. Happy holidays :xmasssanta:

P.S. How long did it take for you to learn that technique. Your insanely fast doing it and it's kinda hard for me to grasp it and get it right.

Edited by chris_ikhtak