Need suggestions

Yamisonic

I'm getting some albums this Christmas. What I first thought was of getting Led Zeppelin II and Houses Of The Holy. Then I thought, "Are they really memorable?". If you own these albums, should I get them? Are they really worth my money? If not, what would you suggest?

I've heard some Zeppelin tunes and liked them, I own IV and it is my favourite album at the moment.

If I get lucky, I may also get Physical Graffiti, but that's another story.

yea i have led zep 2. get it. i love it.

you got:

1. Whole lotta love - classic

2. What is and what should never be

3. Lemon song

4. Thank you

5. Heartbreaker - personal favourite

6. Livin' lovin' maid (she's just a woman)

7. Ramble on - personal favourite

8. Moby dick - personal favourite :wub::wub::wub:

9. Bring it on home - personal favourite

its pretty feckin awesome. get it for sure

Tough choice, HOTH has some great songs: The Rain Song (the string arrangements rock!) and "the ocean" is also one of their best. But II has "what is and what should never be" and "Moby Dick", along with all the others make II kind of a basis for everything else that ever followed it. I would get II, and if you like those songs (which are mostly influenced by all the old blues songs that influenced the group) go for HOTH and hear the progression of what came to be.

I'm getting some albums this Christmas. What I first thought was of getting Led Zeppelin II and Houses Of The Holy. Then I thought, "Are they really memorable?". If you own these albums, should I get them? Are they really worth my money? If not, what would you suggest?

I've heard some Zeppelin tunes and liked them, I own IV and it is my favourite album at the moment.

If I get lucky, I may also get Physical Graffiti, but that's another story.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LZ 2 is stupendous. Every song on it is A+. However HOTH is an album that is an aquired taste. Only because a fan who's used to songs like "Black Dog," or "Whole Lotta Love," and other rockers, because the songs are slower and more "romantic." I wouldn't get HOTH if your new into Zep, but LZ 2 is A++++++. Also, consider Physical Graffiti. It's Zeppelin's UYI, Zeppelin's White Album, etc. It's a MAGNIFICENT double album that has a lot of variety. Acoustic blues, good rockers, and keyboard songs, slow songs. A lot of good stuff. In fact I say HOTH is crap compared Physical Graffiti.

II and IV are the best ive heard yet. Houses of the Holy is excellent but its got some experimental stuff that doesn't work (The Crunge) and I don't really care for Dancing Days. Its a great album but if you are just getting into Zeppelin, do not get it. I'd actually also recommend Zeppelin III over HOTH.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Yamisonic, always get debuts first, and especially in the case of LZ. You should have I, II, III, IV, and HOTH, before Physical Graffiti too. Since you have IV and HOTH on the way, get I and/or II. I personally prefer I, it's better produced and written, II was done quickly in the midst of touring. I also features me and Slash's favorite Led Zeppelin song "Your Time is Gonna Come".

I'd say get II, it is the greatest album in terms of instrumental performances. Full of incredible riffs and solos (Whole Lotta Love, Heartbreaker, Bring It On Home) and some nice softer songs (Ramble On, Thank You). There's also Moby Dick which has a cool riff and of course a great drum solo. And The Lemon Song has a nice bass solo.

I also has great songs but the blues covers are a bit weaker IMO.

III is much softer and not at all like the other albums, it's pretty good but it took me a while to get into.

Houses of the Holy is full of great songs but they're very experimental.

Physical Grafiti's first side is incredible, the second side has some less good tracks but overall it's a great album.

I don't know about the others since I don't have them yet but I heard those were the weakest albums so I bought the others first.

Yamisonic, always get debuts first, and especially in the case of LZ. You should have I, II, III, IV, and HOTH, before Physical Graffiti too. Since you have IV and HOTH on the way, get I and/or II. I personally prefer I, it's better produced and written, II was done quickly in the midst of touring. I also features me and Slash's favorite Led Zeppelin song "Your Time is Gonna Come".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i thought slash's favourite song was how many more times

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i thought slash's favourite song was how many more times

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From scottr@alphaclp.clpgh.org: What's your favorite Led Zep song?

Slash Says: Your Time is Gonna Come, off Zeppelin I.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/article...p?articleid=142