the charts

GNRfan001

assuming chindem comes out and its a hit but also within the same time lets say a montley crue cd comes out... and a really big rapper gets a new cd... will GNR still bein the top 10 or do you think otherwise

----- my opinion is if that every one on this forum bys the cd thats allready 11,000+ cds sold

thats a good start then other forums will be buying thats another 5000 cds sold...(cuz peaple belonge to more than one forum)

then maybe the average AMERICAN teenager might buy it thats about 2000= cds sold thats about

18,000+ just from forums and such

but then with air play and MTV videos it people will see it more and more......

and some songs will grow on people thats over 2 million people who will buy the CD in a year......

but thats just my opinion... i would like to here yours if you would care to share?!?

chinese democracy will see huge first couple week sales (its uknown how huge tho) then it all depends on the songs for the longevity of the album on the charts...if the songs arent there then it could fall off quick but its really unlikely because its guaranteed that radio stations will be playing the hell out of the new tunes...

i sure want a HUGE mainstream hit becuase im sick of all this crappy punk comming out they all sound like crap.. i want a mainstream hit so maybe rock/metal will take over again like it was in the 80's early 90's

GNR regularly hang around the top 30 in most European charts with albums that were released decades ago. In Britain and other European countries, I imagine CD will quickly reach no. 1 and stay there for some considerable time.

Remember, GNR have gigantic fan bases in South America, Europe, the South East and India as well as in the US and Canada. Considering this, and the fact that the bordering-on-poor Contraband sold 3 million copies, I would not be surprised if album sales hit 8-10 million in the first year. If the songs really are amazing, I don't think it's going too far to say sales could well reach 15 million in the first year.

The potential is certainly there for an explosion. It just depends on how well it is promoted and how big the "big guns" really are.

I don't think Motley Crue releasing another album will effect GNR's sales.

I think the issue here is simple: many Americans, GNRfan001 included, seem to think that no world exists outside of the US of A. It does! And there are millions of fans there just waiting to snap up Chinese Democracy.

Do all of you really want CD to be a mainstream hit? All of the little kiddies quckly changing from liking rap, and other 'popular' music...to liking that and GnR.

They wouldnt appreciate the music, I want CD to be good....but not mainstream good.

Yepp - it will go straight to no1. But then it has to relay on some good singles. If the second and third single flop (or similar) CDs sales will rapidly lower and will have almost none lasting impact.

If on the other hand the second and third (and maye more) singles are huge success then I think that Guns can become really big again.

Btw: The first single will sell well no matter what because it's new GnR material.