My Open Letter to Axl Rose

Axls_Disillusion

I think that would be real stupid. It's like ruining a classic, but a classic you made, and basically beating it to death with a spoon. So No AXL, Don't re-record any of the old songs with the new band, it woul sound like shit. It would be terrible. I dont mean to offend you or anything, but if you are offended, then so fuckin what. Not my problem if you are. But still. DO NOT RE-RECORD ANY SONGS. Thats all i have to say about that

PCE

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering VR has more original members of GNR then GNR has these days, VR re-recording AFD is a good comparison.

no not really. Call it a techincality if you must, but VR could never pull that off. GNR could.

I thought VR did pretty faithful versions of It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone, and Used To Love her on the past tour.

AD I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but face it, you are never going to win this argument man....the old material should not be touched....it would be a travesty....it's like re-making Gone with the Wind or Blade Runner, you can't improve on perfection......

yeah. I agree with this dude. You cannot make perfection better. AFD re-recorded would sound like shit. It would be the worst cd ever. probably worse than Marlyn Manson. And he's bad at wrinting music. But anyways, I agree with this dude.

PCE

AD I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but face it, you are never going to win this argument man....the old material should not be touched....it would be a travesty....it's like re-making Gone with the Wind or Blade Runner, you can't improve on perfection......

Sly... if CD had an extra track like Rocket Queen 2006 or My Michelle 2006 you would cream your pants the second you heard it.

as of crash diet, I was just thinking of all the demo's and i was thinking, if some one could get their hands on axl's vocal takes from that and record the music like at good quality that would kick f'n ass

Yeah a studio quality crash diet would rule...but....someone once remastered that song and put it in the download section, its pretty cleaned up sounding....If you want I can upload it for ya...

They should pretend to do a rerecorded version of Appetite, but really just released Appetite minus "Anything Goes" and the Live Era version of You're Crazy (or Lies version) minus the crowd noises.

i really don't like anything goes or the fast you're crazy

think about you is alright

i dont like anything goes niether, i prefer the hollywood rose version instead. you're crazy from AFD is great................ dont see why that many people hate it...........

Sly... if CD had an extra track like Rocket Queen 2006 or My Michelle 2006 you would cream your pants the second you heard it.

Well any extra track on CD would rule, I want to hear as much material from Axl as possible, but preferrably not an old song. How about those "lost" jam sessions with Slash and Zakk Wylde for starters or "This I love"? Crash Diet studio re-done with bucket shredding instead of West Arkeen would also rock the casbah...I guess if it had to be an old song, Nightrain 2006 would be a great choice. That was one of the songs I thought the new band really shined on......that bucket outro is phenomenal...

Axl releasing any re-recorded AFD material would simply be bad business(let alone artistic laziness) and I don't think he'd ever do it. Bottom line is he's not going to win many, if any, new fans by releasing re-recorded material from the back catalog(newer fans like Axl's Disillusion are already fans)...and he would only risk losing long time fans like those strongly voicing their opposition here. For me personally, I still support Axl after all the crap that's happened with the breakup and since, but this would be the one thing I can think of that would make me turn my back and never purchase anything GNR again.

Also, it has been stated he would need to get Slash's and Duff's approval to release any re-recorded material from the back catalog. If true, that's end of story.

If down the line he wants to put out a new live album and have people hear the newer lineup playing some old material, that would be a far wiser way to go...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Dear Axl Rose,

When you release Chinese Democracy, nothing would please me more than to see one track from Appetite re-recorded with Guns N' Roses' current lineup, mixed in somewhere in the tracklist. I read an interview where you discussed the band re-recording the album, and this band has such amazing talent. I think it would be a great way to come back and kick the world in the ass if you include a song like Nightrain, My Michelle, or Rocket Queen on Chinese Democarcy. I do believe all the long-time fans would appreciate it very much. Showing the world that this band is Guns N' Fuckin Roses. I think this lineup perfroms those particular songs better than the previous. I did hear the songs that leaked on the internet, and my faith in this band is stronger than ever! some very very good stuff! Peace!

Thank you from one of your biggest fans,

Your Disillusion

Maybe as a bonus disc with CD or b sides but I wouldn't want any mixed in with the actual album. I'm not really sure why anyone would want to mess with a masterpiece anyway

My humps my humps my humps.

When I think of AFD, I think of the original line up and I honestly don't want to hear a re-recorded studio version. That to me is a cover if only one member is still involved.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support the new band and I think of them as another chapter, but I don't think it's right to try to replace what the other members did. They will kick ass when this album is released and they do kick ass live, but they should keep old GNR for concert filler. It shouldn't be redone.

I don't think it necessarily needs to replace anything. The original recordings will always be there. It would just be cool i think..

It could shut up all them idiots who keep saying there just a crap cover band, nice idea.

Right,

Covering songs is a great way to show you're not a cover band.

but its Guns N' Roses, its not a cover. Its giving life to an old classic in a modern way with a kickass band that plays the shit out of the song.

its like velvet revolver re-recording "core" or even, god-forbid, AFD.

not at all

Its Stone Temple Pilots "Core" and Guns N' Roses "AFD" not Velvet Revolver's.

In the case Im suggesting, its Guns N' Roses "AFD" so it fits.

Bassists don't count. :laugh:

Oh, and in case there's any confusion on anyone's part, Matt Sorum was NOT an original member.

Dear Axl Rose,

When you release Chinese Democracy, nothing would please me more than to see one track from Appetite re-recorded with Guns N' Roses' current lineup, mixed in somewhere in the tracklist. I read an interview where you discussed the band re-recording the album, and this band has such amazing talent. I think it would be a great way to come back and kick the world in the ass if you include a song like Nightrain, My Michelle, or Rocket Queen on Chinese Democarcy. I do believe all the long-time fans would appreciate it very much. Showing the world that this band is Guns N' Fuckin Roses. I think this lineup perfroms those particular songs better than the previous. I did hear the songs that leaked on the internet, and my faith in this band is stronger than ever! some very very good stuff! Peace!

Thank you from one of your biggest fans,

Your Disillusion

That's absurd.