Euro Reviews Will Hit First?

mcalldp

is it possible that we may see some of the first press regarding CD coming from the Euro markets?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=65444

Maybe Axl has taken masters (in his little metal container of course) over for closed door press junkets to start the machine rolling before the concert dates they have going, leaving the wheels for North America to start spinning after they drop CD (probably during these Euro dates) ?

Anyone know if other groups have done this kind of thing? I know that a lot of bands go over seas first to sharpen their game but in the age of information I am not sure if a 'closed door press junket' is possible.....

Thoughts?

is it possible that we may see some of the first press regarding CD coming from the Euro markets?

Maybe Axl has taken masters (in his little metal container of course) over for closed door press junkets to start the machine rolling before the concert dates they have going, leaving the wheels for North America to start spinning after they drop CD (probably during these Euro dates) ?

Anyone know if other groups have done this kind of thing? I know that a lot of bands go over seas first to sharpen their game but in the age of information I am not sure if a 'closed door press junket' is possible.....

Thoughts?

Like I said in the other thread, your theory is ridiculous. What's the use anyway of letting European journalists hear the album while no release date has been anounced. What's the use of publishing a review of an album that can not be bought yet? Plus, what if the album, with the tracks nobody has heard except for the die hard GnR fans, would get negative reviews. Would it help selling tickets? No. So there, your theory sucks.

Thoughts?

Like I said in the other thread, your theory is ridiculous. What's the use anyway of letting European journalists hear the album while no release date has been anounced. What's the use of publishing a review of an album that can not be bought yet? Plus, what if the album, with the tracks nobody has heard except for the die hard GnR fans, would get negative reviews. Would it help selling tickets? No. So there, your theory sucks.

As stated in the other thread, I think journalists have usually been given first crack at listening to new material before public release. with public release seemingly around the corner and live dates scheduled, I do think it's possible that finished tracks could be circulated in a controlled way for press purposes, I mean if he's letting people at a night club in New York Listen to it.....I don't think that's a 'Ridiculous theory'. Doesn't mean its true but your response is close minded. Rather than a thoughtful comment you had to ruin your opinion by making it a personal attack. You sir, suck :fuckyou:

Guest Matt13

Thoughts?

Why not? Because they're people too. Just like us big, fat Americans..lol (at the Europeans who think that of us). Seriously, Axl isn't going to let just anyone in the press get first stabs at an album review. Band management will pick and choose GNR friendly journalist to review the album whether they're from Europe, America or even Japan for cripes sake.

To the original poster, good theory and speculation. Hopefully this thread won't get deleted because it is an original topic that's well thought out.

Why not? Because they're people too. Just like us big, fat Americans..lol (at the Europeans who think that of us). Seriously, Axl isn't going to let just anyone in the press get first stabs at an album review. Band management will pick and choose GNR friendly journalist to review the album whether they're from Europe, America or even Japan for cripes sake.

To the original poster, good theory and speculation. Hopefully this thread won't get deleted because it is an original topic that's well thought out.

Thanks- Good point about management picking and choosing. Still, it may happen in a wave, first trickles coming from Euro rags as they start playing there and they may have finished tracks made available to them to help in the reviews. then the machine starts up on this side as they drop CD for release. What are some decent Euro rags that might be given a shot at first reviews? :question:

Edited by mcalldp

As stated in the other thread, I think journalists have usually been given first crack at listening to new material before public release. with public release seemingly around the corner and live dates scheduled, I do think it's possible that finished tracks could be circulated in a controlled way for press purposes, I mean if he's letting people at a night club in New York Listen to it.....I don't think that's a 'Ridiculous theory'. Doesn't mean its true but your response is close minded. Rather than a thoughtful comment you had to ruin your opinion by making it a personal attack. You sir, suck :fuckyou:

I know. But when journalists get a first listen to new material, they're receiving advanced promos. Not a private listen from Axl Rose nobody knows about. That's why it's ridiculous. People follow Axl Rose all around the globe, and you're saying that such a listening party for journalists would've been something nobody knew about. That, and beside the other things I mentioned in my first reply, is why your opinion is ridiculous, and you're the one who made it a personal attack by saying that I suck, instead of my opinion.

I know. But when journalists get a first listen to new material, they're receiving advanced promos. Not a private listen from Axl Rose nobody knows about. That's why it's ridiculous. People follow Axl Rose all around the globe, and you're saying that such a listening party for journalists would've been something nobody knew about. That, and beside the other things I mentioned in my first reply, is why your opinion is ridiculous, and you're the one who made it a personal attack by saying that I suck, instead of my opinion.

Axl did take a flight over there and he could well have had CD with him. He didn't have to attend any junket himself. he could have been meeting up with concert promotion individuals and such and had any member of his management team actually running things, but knowing his personality I can't see him being far from the action as the machine gets rolling. Again, total speculation doesn't make this true but seeing the first reviews coming from a source other than the U.S. is a possibility.

I'll be the bigger person and apologize for saying 'you' suck when what I meant was - The way you worded your reply to a subject was agressive without need and it sucks.

Edited by mcalldp

Axl did take a flight over there and he could well have had CD with him. He didn't have to attend any junket himself. he could have been meeting up with concert promotion individuals and such and had any member of his management team actually running things, but knowing his personality I can't see him being far from the action as the machine gets rolling. Again, total speculation doesn't make this true but seeing the first reviews coming from a source other than the U.S. is a possibility.

I'll be the bigger person and apologize for saying 'you' suck when what I meant was - The way you worded your reply to a subject was agressive without need and it sucks.

And you think that with pictures of him popping up as soon as he shows up at some party, he's been in the UK letting music journalists hearing the new record, without anyone talking about it, and without there being any picture of it? You think, that with the hype this record is creating right now, no journalist would've said something about this, and you think that NME, a music magazine that's almost a tabloid, would be the first to review the full album? Suuuure. It just doesn't make sense, nothing of it. There's nothing to speculate, as there aren't any valid motivations for why he'd do it.

And just for the record, I don't need to apologize for anything, I never made this a personal attack, so there's no need for me to be a bigger person or something anyway.

And you think that with pictures of him popping up as soon as he shows up at some party, he's been in the UK letting music journalists hearing the new record, without anyone talking about it, and without there being any picture of it? You think, that with the hype this record is creating right now, no journalist would've said something about this, and you think that NME, a music magazine that's almost a tabloid, would be the first to review the full album? Suuuure. It just doesn't make sense, nothing of it. There's nothing to speculate, as there aren't any valid motivations for why he'd do it.

And just for the record, I don't need to apologize for anything, I never made this a personal attack, so there's no need for me to be a bigger person or something anyway.

I don't know, if you read the name of the post you would understand that it's a question, "Euro Reviews will hit first, is it possible?". From your posts is seems you think:

1. It's not possible, the first reviews will come from the U.S.

2. No reviews will come out until after an official release

I disagree, and I think that seeing reviews before the CD is officially on store shelves is possible. I also think it's possible that these first reviews will come from other areas besides the U.S. especially if the machine is starting to turn there first (concert dates) _ I have not and could not speculate what rag would do an interview first. I didn't see any images of Axl at the night club where he played tracks, I imagine it's possible not to see any pictures from his travels though we have several pics from the airport.

I'll ignore anything else going on in the world though and accept your stance that the first review I see will be in a U.S magazine after the album is already on the shelf....yea, on opposite day :xmassrudolph:

All of this (Your opinion too) is just specualtion. neither of us will know until it happens. However, I have an open mind about what's possible and think we're on deferent sides of the fence there.

Edited by mcalldp