Where is Chinese Democracy being recorded?

bac102205

Woodland Ranch Recorders, Woodland Hills, CA: Mid 2004 - Present

Are you sure he is still doing it there?

I am five minutes from that Studio and so far it was used recently for other Recordings (Madrid Theathre).

But I guess if you say so than.

That was News to me to even read that.

Well there may be more than one studio there. Same as village recorders have about 4 or 5 studio's of various size's.

As for producers:

Producers:

Mike Clink: Pre-Moby (Worked on the GnRNext lp it wasn't named chinese democracy nor was it the "new" line up)

Moby: 1997

The Youth: 1998

Dave Dominguez (Producer & Engineer) : 1998

Beavan (Producer) and Critter (Engineer) : Late 1998-Early 2000

Billy Howerdel (Computer Engineer): Early 2000

Roy Thomas Baker (Producer) Early 2000-Early 2002

Axl Rose (Producer) and Eric Caudieux (Early 2002-Early 2004)

Axl Rose (Producer) and Curt Cuomo (Assisting) : (Mid 2004 -->)

Mike Clink was got rid of fairly early into sessions for the new album, Then with the "new" line up moby went in and got a great instrumental album layed down. When he started pushing axl to do the vocals, he was fired.

Dunno what the youth or Dominguez did or for how long they were involved.

Beavan moved the band towards that wierd industrial sound they attained. Oh my God i think was produced by him

Roy Thomas Baker brought the band back towards stadium rock again away from the industrial stuff.

Thats just a general guide to what the producers did. From what i know most of the album will be post Roy Thomas Baker (2002), so Axl will be listed as the producer with Eric Caudieux and Cuomo as assistants.

Now lets hear the damn thing :P

Woodland Ranch Recorders, Woodland Hills, CA: Mid 2004 - Present

Are you sure he is still doing it there?

I am five minutes from that Studio and so far it was used recently for other Recordings (Madrid Theathre).

But I guess if you say so than.

That was News to me to even read that.

Well there may be more than one studio there. Same as village recorders have about 4 or 5 studio's of various size's.

As for producers:

Producers:

Mike Clink: Pre-Moby (Worked on the GnRNext lp it wasn't named chinese democracy nor was it the "new" line up)

Moby: 1997

The Youth: 1998

Dave Dominguez (Producer & Engineer) : 1998

Beavan (Producer) and Critter (Engineer) : Late 1998-Early 2000

Billy Howerdel (Computer Engineer): Early 2000

Roy Thomas Baker (Producer) Early 2000-Early 2002

Axl Rose (Producer) and Eric Caudieux (Early 2002-Early 2004)

Axl Rose (Producer) and Curt Cuomo (Assisting) : (Mid 2004 -->)

Mike Clink was got rid of fairly early into sessions for the new album, Then with the "new" line up moby went in and got a great instrumental album layed down. When he started pushing axl to do the vocals, he was fired.

Dunno what the youth or Dominguez did or for how long they were involved.

Beavan moved the band towards that wierd industrial sound they attained. Oh my God i think was produced by him

Roy Thomas Baker brought the band back towards stadium rock again away from the industrial stuff.

Thats just a general guide to what the producers did. From what i know most of the album will be post Roy Thomas Baker (2002), so Axl will be listed as the producer with Eric Caudieux and Cuomo as assistants.

Now lets hear the damn thing :P

Wow! Great post. very informative and it builds up a credible picture of why this project has taken so long. It would appear then, rather than CD being an ongoing work that the various efforts have invariably been scrapped along with each producer that has come and gone up to the Roy Thomas Baker efforts. It may be worth bearing in mind that the majority of the UYI's were banged out in a relatively short amount of time once Sorum joined and stability was restored. This soap opera has dragged on long enough, it's now or never for Axl now!