Sources say album out in April, review copies hitting media?

Kaneda

I was speaking with the music editor at Penthouse Magazine today and she said that some journalist that writes for Spin Magazine has heard the entire album of Chinese Democracy. When asked what his feedback on the album was, she said the writer said it was "AMAZING". She also stated that the date floating around is an April release...I am not making this stuff up, but of course, I can't confirm the release date. However, the part about a writer hearing the full album is true, for my contact would never make up such a story. I think Axl/Merk may be working with the long-lead media now in secret to ensure mags run positive reviews around launch. It's close.

I was speaking with the music editor at Penthouse Magazine today and she said that some journalist that writes for Spin Magazine has heard the entire album of Chinese Democracy. When asked what his feedback on the album was, she said the writer said it was "AMAZING". She also stated that the date floating around is an April release...I am not making this stuff up, but of course, I can't confirm the release date. However, the part about a writer hearing the full album is true, for my contact would never make up such a story. I think Axl/Merk may be working with the long-lead media now in secret to ensure mags run positive reviews around launch. It's close.

I'm guessing she's not very bright and that she fell for the retarded April Fool's Joke from Spin Magazine

Kaneda - Call your Penthouse Editor contact back and ask about the Spin magazine joke article that was recently published. It's too much of a coincidence that they run that satire and then someone else at the magazine actually has the album? Seems fishy to me...

No, it wasn't the fake Spin review, I brought that up to here, this writer is a freelance music journalist that has contributed to SPIN, but he wasn't covering for SPIN when he heard Chinese D. I really wouldn't make this up.

No, it wasn't the fake Spin review, I brought that up to here, this writer is a freelance music journalist that has contributed to SPIN, but he wasn't covering for SPIN when he heard Chinese D. I really wouldn't make this up.

try to edit the thread and add this to the first information :)

I've always felt that we would hear people talking about an impending release before we go any kind of official statement. Once word starts getting out within the record company that the album is finished and a release date is close to being set, we'll hear lots more people talking about it and giving their opinion.

If this is true, then it's very positive.

thanks for the info kaneda, and welcome back here... again :P its nice to see you...

Actually, there is a cd in circulation containing 12 new guns n roses tracks, however the cd is incomplete as only 7 or 8 of the songs are different with just different mixes on a couple of them, as soon as I get more info i will post.

I'm guessing she's not very bright and that she fell for the retarded April Fool's Joke from Spin Magazine

More pointless, unfounded speculation. Next...

Actually, there is a cd in circulation containing 12 new guns n roses tracks, however the cd is incomplete as only 7 or 8 of the songs are different with just different mixes on a couple of them, as soon as I get more info i will post.

how do you know that? :shocked:

HAHA! Having worked in media, i can assure you there is NO WAY on earth advance copies of CD would be given out to a freelance journalist who can't even guarantee who he is writing for, especially in this day and age of internet/music piracy. Only key figures such as the Editor of Rolling Stone and a few other key media outlets would even be allowed to hear it and even then, each copy would have to be couriered, signed and accounted for and then leant out for a short time only before going back to the record company. Alternatively, a few lucky people in major cities would be invited to a personal, invite only listening party and that would be it. I promise you this is how it works. Keep on rockin' in the free world! rock1