a few questions for people who went to last night's show

I am new to this site.. only posted a few times... I need to know how dangerous the floor is... and should i trade for mezz seating.. I am a really tiny woman and my friend is a little taller, but she has never been to a concert before and i don't want her to be traumatized!!!! Will I be safe if I stand in the front or back?

Also, did they have any merchandise for females?

I have read the reviews and I am glad that GNR played what they did and that axl's voice is fine..

sorry if this post annoys anyone.

There were fights and mosh pits going on down on the floor night. Unless you're into that kind of thing, I would recommend the balcony. I sat in MEZZ2 last night and had a perfect view of the concert. Great sound and everyone was really cool up there. Close to a bar and bathroom too.

I didn't see any merchandise. A handful of guys were selling 2002 shirts on the street afterwords but that was it.

I am new to this site.. only posted a few times... I need to know how dangerous the floor is... and should i trade for mezz seating.. I am a really tiny woman and my friend is a little taller, but she has never been to a concert before and i don't want her to be traumatized!!!! Will I be safe if I stand in the front or back?

:rofl-lol:

You wont be 'safe' at the front. Although the front is sometimes better than the middle.

Stand at the back.

I sat in Mezz2, Second row dead center and had an amazing view. There were fights and mosh pits below. Merchandise..didn't see any either.

They are'nt proper fights. They are MOSH fights. What happens in the mosh stays in the mosh.

I cant understand why some people would choose to sit over standing, well actually I can, for compfy seats and view etc.

But nothing beats the experience of standing. You could get inches away from the band! That beats sitting for me anyday.

I sat in Mezz2, Second row dead center and had an amazing view. There were fights and mosh pits below. Merchandise..didn't see any either.

They are'nt proper fights. They are MOSH fights. What happens in the mosh stays in the mosh.

I cant understand why some people would choose to sit over standing, well actually I can, for compfy seats and view etc.

But nothing beats the experience of standing. You could get inches away from the band! That beats sitting for me anyday.

Yeah, but I'm 5'1" and 100 lbs... but im torn, i want to be close and see the band.. but i dont wanna die-literally.

Well, I stood for the most part. I sat down once cause my girlfriend was sick. Before the show and the moshpits even started there was a fight between a few people on the floor. The guys were taken out though. That's what I was referencing when I said fights. The mosh fights were under control and we really confined to one side of the stage.

On the floor though it's agreed to stand in the back to avoid getting hurt or even middle center looked pretty fine compaired to the sides. Last night was sortof odd because the whole right side of the floor was wild and moshing and really into it and the left side looked dead (well, as dead as you can be at a GNR show I mean. They were pretty fucking active)

I'm 5'7 about 130 or so, and i was on the middle of about 30 feet from the stage, it wasn't that bad, accept from the first rush during Jungle, it calmed down after that, really nothing happen it terms of pushing or anything intill PC came on and the stupid fuckers did the mosh pit. I think floor is the best if you know what your getting yourself in too, I mean you can't beat being like 30 feet away from the band, as well with the ammount of marry jane going around, you might just get a little something for free if ya know what i mean.

Edited by Mozzy

I'm 5'7 about 130 or so, and i was on the middle of about 30 feet from the stage, it wasn't that bad, accept from the first rush during Jungle, it calmed down after that, really nothing happen it terms of pushing or anything intill PC came on and the stupid fuckers did the mosh pit. I think floor is the best if you know what your getting yourself in too, I mean you can't beat being like 30 feet away from the band, as well with the ammount of marry jane going around, you might just get a little something for free if ya know what i mean.

thanks, that eases my mind a little! I never could understand mosh pits anyways.. what gives? was it hard to hear axl over the crowd singing? does anyone know if the line to get in snaked around four blocks again?

Definately go with the balconies. Friday I stood right infront of one of the pilars with my friend and we had a perfect and totally unobstructed view of the show. Last night I was in 2nd Mezz and was at a pilar again in the center. Except for one guy holding his arm up for the whole show, great view. You can stand in the aisles or sit or even stand in the way back by the bar. If you are a small girl, def go with mezz for the best views.

I was in the front front and would have preferred Mezzanine. In the front you have no room to even lift up your foot and it is really hot, some girl passed out next to me. Also, you can't hear Axl's voice as well from up front as you can from the back. Though I must say Axl a few feet away was awesome.

I was in the front front and would have preferred Mezzanine. In the front you have no room to even lift up your foot and it is really hot, some girl passed out next to me. Also, you can't hear Axl's voice as well from up front as you can from the back. Though I must say Axl a few feet away was awesome.

Was she okay? did they get her out of there alright? jeez, was that from being over-heated?

nothing happen it terms of pushing or anything intill PC came on and the stupid fuckers did the mosh pit.

moshing at a GNR concert?WTF

maybe give them a little section of their own

Edited by shades

I have read the reviews and I am glad that GNR played what they did and that axl's voice is fine..

If your a tiny lady i say trade. Unless you have a man to protect you from all the crap going on you should trade out. I was at the show on the 15th and I'm 6'2" and i was getting tossed around and almost fell. So unless you can handle it trade out. Also, the show was legendary. No matter where you are you'll have a memorable time Good luck have a great time rock1

Just don't go up front and you'll be fine

The Mezz looked pretty contained and not much excitement

Stay on the floor, just back. People were cool, just dancing around a little. If it gets too rough, just go back a little farther - You'll be fine

and as of last nite I heard Axl pretty well, accept for SCOM and maybe the chorus of a couple songs, but for the most part his vocie over powered of the crowd, accept for the last part of better I think, either the crowd drown him out or his mike cut out for a second. O and the other reason you want to be in the floor, you have a chance to catch brains drum sticks or that Fucking apple that Axl threw, I was like 4 feet away, bastard next to me got it.

Yes, you need a little "thick skin" and not mind being pushed around and standing for many many hours (since Axl doesn't show up until 11) if you're on the floor. The payback - of course - is that you could potentially watch the band perform from a few feet away.

However, the Hammerstein is a small enough venue that almost all of the seats - even on mezz levels - offer good views of the stage.

As for merchandise -- I was surprised - shocked actually - that so many of you didn't know there was merchandise for sale. The set-up is not a good one, which is probably why many of you missed it. But the booth is located just inside the ballroom on the floor level. Unfortunately, the Hammerstein staff won't let mezz ticketholders into this area before the show or while the show is on. However, you can access the booth after the show is over.

It's a shame they don't set up merchandise booths on each level - possibly near the bar area - so that everybody can buy merchandise during the shows. Or - even allow mezz ticketholders into the booth area before the show. I've mentioned this problem to Merck - so maybe something can be done before tomorrow night's show.

Hi, I was at last night's show and was on the 2nd mezzanine - I'm 5'2 and 100lbs, and I was glad I was on the mezzanine- we stood in the very front against the railing all night and had a great view. No problems at all. I would not have wanted to be down below on the floor. There were a few fights before G n'R even took the stage, and once the show started, there were a couple of defined mosh pits and some surfing going on, besides Robin's dive. I think if you're petite and on the floor, and don't want to get shoved around, you'll have to move back, and probably will not have much of a view. Also, the merch is on the GA level, and if you have mezzanine seats, you can only get to it after the show - cool baby tee's for women with logo on front and nyc dates on back - $40 - ouch, but worth it!!! Enjoy the show - no matter what anyone may say about AXL - he is special, enigmatic, always was from back in the day, and always will be; he knows it, and he knows how to put on a fantastic show - he is a true charismatic frontman, who IMO, had more energy all night than the LAMF crowd.

I was on floor on Friday and mezz on Monday.

FLoor was awesome. I was 3 rows back of front row. Made eye contact with Axl and screamed my lungs out. It was really pushy up there.

Mezz 2 I enjoyed more because I actually watched the show and wasn't caught up in all the adrenaline fist pumping stuff. You can see the whole stage at once unlike being up front like I was on Friday. I had neck strain trying to find where Axl ran off to.

You could always stand at the back but I would recommend Mezz. Close to beer food and bathroom. And great view. Also don't worry bout seating I got there at 9 and still lots availible.

Personally I'd say go for seats in either Mez I or II. Forget the floor. the seats I had in Mez II were amazing and plus there were too many assholes on the floor. Fights breaking out and guys trying to intentionally hurt others in the "mosh" pit. Funny I don't recall moshing ever involving flying forarms or wild roundhouse backhands. You people who were doing that are idiots. The only downside to the Mez seats was you weren't allowed to buy mechandise untill after the show.

Edited by Hallucination