Why Did They Drop Twat?

december pain

TWAT has no real hook in the song for every one to sing along to...

while some may consider the studio/demo track to be an epic and a nice peice of art, it can be utter shite live!!

Its not exactly 'we will rock you' or 'paradise city' is it? where everybody is involved in the song...

something these 'new' songs are lacking is choruses, or at least memorable ones...

I love the song, and it's far and away my favorite of the leaked tracks, but just like Madagascar, I don't think this song works very well at a live show.

Songs like The Blues and November Rain are fine because they retain a very nice pop edge, but TWAT and Madagascar are much more experimental and just don't seem to go over as well in live settings.

I love the song, and it's far and away my favorite of the leaked tracks, but just like Madagascar, I don't think this song works very well at a live show.

Songs like The Blues and November Rain are fine because they retain a very nice pop edge, but TWAT and Madagascar are much more experimental and just don't seem to go over as well in live settings.

you totally mis the hook dude. You know why there is relatively 'low' audience response on the new songs? The album ain't out yet! Once people are formiliar with the new songs, you know: sinked in. The response will be much better! Mark my words!

Mr. Estranged, in what publication was the album Chinese Democracy and the song TWAT reviewed??? I must've missed it. You note that the "press criticise." What press? What music rag? What writer? Perhaps, someone in Dublin I am unfamiliar with here in the USA???

Thats called speaking metaphorically, i.e. I was using possible examples to demonstrate a point, as far as I'm aware they didn't get criticised over drawing a shit picture either, my point was your defence can be used for anybody, its not an argument, as anyone in the world who is criticised for anything can merely say "stop being close minded", when in actuality an open minded person would have accepted his/her opinion on face value, thats what it means to open minded, receptive to other ideas

:anger: An uneducated comment from someone who sounds like a TWAT. Stop being so close-minded . :anger:

Thats pretty ironic, isn't it? You cant accept his opinion then you accuse him of being close minded, tis a great defence all the same, draw a shit picture, write a shit song the press criticise and you reply "thats because they're close minded",

frankly I had hoped to hear something new at these gigs and the fact that we didn't really troubles me, why is it that the 3 new songs played are among the 4 leaked?

wheres the rest of it? are these the best?

I don't buy into this argument that axls "saving it as a susprise", songs become popular because of saturation, peoples opinions (as much as they'd hate to admit it) are by and large socially formed, the music business knows this, hence the importance of gigs, radio play and tv play.

Artists don't save songs, they promote them, they don't hide them, they shove them in your face until you buy them, it worries me that Mr Rose's gig comprises of a 19 year old album recorded and written by a different band mixed with 6 "new" tracks all of which we've heard. It really is time for something new, its a new band, with a new look, sweet fuck all to do with its name sake, its time it proves itself.

These players are talented lets hear their work and not their covering of somebody elses, I hope in this tour we have at least 12 new tracks inter mixed with some GNR songs, velvet revolver did it, now Axl pick up the gauntlet and stop hiding in past shared successes

by the way, while these new songs are nothing in compared to GNR's stuff (this is also true of Velvet Revolver/JU JU hounds/Snakepit) they are of a good quality and I'm looking forward to hearing more, I just wish hed stop hiding in the combination of his/Izzy/slash/Duff's talents and prove himself and these boys as a great band in themselves outside the GnR moniker

Im going to bump this post here so anything I've said isn't taken out of context

Edited by Mr Estranged

I rekcon There Was a Time will be played at rio and some of the big concerts. Can't see it workin so well in the smaller shows. I can't wait to hear a decent live version coz the studio demo is a mess to be honest.

'There Was A Time' (I refuse to call it TWAT...it sounds like something the Bulletboys would do) is my favorite of the leaks.

What's weird is that its the guitar work that I love about it the most. I would think Axl would want to do it because it would give the new guitarists a bit of a chance to show off. I'd certainly rather hear them do this then those overlong self indulgent guitar solos that have always been a plague upon GNR live shows.