Fretless guitar

can someone explain to me what a fretless guitar is? :)

Yeah. It has no frets on it dude! You know, the little bars that go across ever inch of the guitar neck that allow you to pick out chords and notes. Bumblefoot has those memorized as most pro guitarists do.

Edited by RAGE

can someone explain to me what a fretless guitar is? :)

Yeah. It has no frets on it dude! You know, the little bars that go across ever inch of the guitar neck that allow you to pick out chords and notes. Bumblefoot has those memorized as most pro guitarists do.

ahhh yes, thank you

i dont know much about guitars

what's hard about fretless isn't memorizing the notes - it's not like the frets say what note they are. the guitar store i manage is one of the few vigier dealers in america and we had one of those fretlesses just like his, and the neck markers are the same as on a fretted. the hard part is staying in tune. frets are what actually sounds the notes allowing you some room to put your fingers, so you don't have to be exactly on the note. you have to be EXACTLY on the notes on a fretless - if you even roll your finger on its side either flat or sharp, the note sounds like shit. anyway... check out this link... it's a freak kitchen (matias is also insane on guitar) where bumblefoot does a guest solo on fretless... it's about halfway thru the song:

http://www.freakkitchen.com/video/speak/

Edited by bass71player