15. Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Don't Cry)

16. My Michelle

17. Patience

18. Better

19. Nightrain

20. Paradise City

No The Blues or IRS.

R.

They played the blues. Thats for sure. Just got home from the gig. Some inside news from a friend of mine who works on the band security in the arena:

1. Tour manager has quit yesterday

2. Nothing related to the word slash cannot be said in the backstage area

3. About 20 girls were selected from the crowd to the backstage.

4. Show after partys only organised to the venue backstage. Security personel bought from local company.

Tomorrow, more news to come as i get it. And few clips as well.

Tired.

God Fucking Night

ps. The show was brilliant!

01. Welcome To The Jungle

02. It's So Easy

03. Mr. Brownstone

04. Live And Let Die

05. Robin Guitar Solo

06. Sweet Child O' Mine

07. Madagascar

08. You Could Be Mine

09. Knockin' On Heavens Door

10. The Blues

11. Think About You (intro jam about sweden)

12. Richard Fortus Guitar Solo

13. Out Ta Get Me

14. November Rain

15. Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Don't Cry)

16. My Michelle

17. Patience

18. Better

19. Nightrain

20. Paradise City

Replaced CD with the blues... Now it looks more correct. Good night.

Edit: Also Finck played a little Finlandia and Dizzy played a full Hanoi Rocks song - of which I don't know the title of - with a piano before The Blues. Axl's voice was fucking good... Better than ever. Some versions kicked ass... I think Out Ta Get Me was best version I've heard since... Ritz '88 I think. :P Anyways... Should go to sleep now.....

Hope someone made a bootleg.

Edited by Gunner

and Dizzy played a full Hanoi Rocks song - of which I don't know the title of - with a piano before The Blues. Axl's voice was fucking good... Better than ever. Some versions kicked ass... I think Out Ta Get Me was best version I've heard since... Ritz '88 I think. :P Anyways... Should go to sleep now.....

The song Dizzy played was Don't you ever leave me by Hanoi Rocks.

Great gig, nothing more to say..

M

Just got back from the gig and I have to say that there is a lot more to expect tomorrow because this only made something like 7 out of 10. The opening three songs got the people going but after that It just wasn't like the old days anymore (and this was rudely borrowed from the Smiths). I was standing just next to the mixbooth and for my opionion they could have turned the volume up but they only did it for the last 30 minutes or so. Volume was was quite too quiet all the time, just can not get why. Also Axl's great voice could not be heard properly, I hope they do something about it tomorrow.

Obviously somebody has done some homework because Finlandia was played by Finck and Dizzy tried to play something that sounded like "Don't you ever leave me" by Hanoi Rocks. Should stick with the original tempo, Andy got it all right mr. Reed (with all respect). Everybody played great, have to say that also the new stand-in drummer is a one hell of a player.

Main thing for my opinion is that the feel of danger which is so essential to rock'n roll wasn't there at anymore. Seeing it from 50m away it was more like a Las Vegas show. entertaining but not something that you would consider a great gig. I made my way to the front row during the paradise city but it did not get any better.

Some touble also during the gig, couldn't quite get the reason but Axl got pissed off cos somebody was tellin' him to fuck off. If I can remember he told them to fuck off cos all the others were havin' great time. Also a small rant about what happened in Sweden but could not get it cos the volume was so fuckin' quiet. You really should have a pro behind that mixbooth.

Glad to see that people are quite familiar with the new songs, saw people singing along with all of them. Strange but those who were even not in the standing area seemed to know the lyrics.

Can not quite put my finger on it but something is missing from the band at the moment. And I don't mean the guy with the big black hat.

interesting.. i was in maybe 7th row and imo the sound was good, at some points it went really bad but it was fixed fast.. often when you go to a gig in finland and the sound is bad in the beginning it will remain bad or get even worse.. so i think the soundguy did a great job.. the volume could maybe had been a bit higher but imo its good to not play too loud when you play a 2 hour set...

and.. axl got pissed? naah.. i would have done the same.. he was in great mood and was smiling.

what else? hmm.. the blues was great!

Edited by paajis

Was Izzy there?

No, Izzy wasn't there.

The show started around 23. I think the sound quality was good overall. It was loud enough for me, earlier in the set 105dB, during Paradise City 112--115dB. I noticed that when I put plugs to my ears I could hear the rants very clearly. The swedish rant was something about the arrest and the conclusion was something like " I am not into Swedes' taste but at least I got a taste of Swedish women" (sorry for the bad interpretation, hope you got THE POINT ;-)). The first rant was something about Flying Finns..

For me the gig overall was a great experience. I think rock music always suffers from big venues, it is best in small clubs. But Axl and the boys did a great job entertaining the crowd. And that Hanoi Rocks song with Dizzy playing the piano was a very special moment for me.

Waited for long, didn't let me down.

M

Edited by Mark0FI

I used earplugs from my work, which are supposed to make me hear people well but eliminate most of the machine noise present (I work at a loud machine in an amusement park). Anyways they worked very well in the concert... I heard Axl and the music so much better with the plugs than without. Heard everything very well actually... The rant and all.

And no the concert wasn't two hours late. GnR started at 23... Only an hour "late", but what else is new. :P

Edited by Gunner

Glad to see that people are quite familiar with the new songs, saw people singing along with all of them. Strange but those who were even not in the standing area seemed to know the lyrics.

The tickets went in eight minutes. So it was mostly about luck if you could get in the standing area. Which pisses me off because we arrived (as late as) 19:30 or something and I swear I could've still got in the front row if only I'd had the ticket to the area... :anger:

The tickets went in eight minutes. So it was mostly about luck if you could get in the standing area. Which pisses me off because we arrived (as late as) 19:30 or something and I swear I could've still got in the front row if only I'd had the ticket to the area... :anger:

True...standing area was VERY empty...maybe half full...DAMN! ... i wanted to jump in and join them but i was pretty high (i mean altitude...)

Great gig anyhow. New songs didn´t go well for people around me (specially Madagascar was confusing to most of them). GN`R SHOULD play ChiDem, that´s simple enough for "1st-timers"...

Axl and co. really should put more effort to new songs if they wanna make "not-GNR-people-already" to believe their new stuff. New songs are awesome but they need to play those songs VERY clearly that people could find out the melodyline of the song. Just opinion. Or put the record out (best choice)...

When/if GNR comes back after ChiDem is out, people know stuff better and it´s easier to dig the songs.

BUT... i enjoyed the show very much and recorded it with my N70 (mp4)...battery died halfway to Paradise City...so i got it pretty much recorded. Sound is great (i mean for a cellphone recording) and some jerk sung loudly over some songs (yeah, that jerk was me...), but picture would have needed SOME zooming...it don´t really give much for a people who weren´t there. But sound is very good, i wanna make audio-boot of it, is mp4 easy to transform to mp3?!?!?!? Help needed...

ps. tonight is the night that i can fully enjoy the show (yesterday i was pretty sober...) See you all there!!!

ps. that replace-drummer-guy Frank Ferrer was AWESOME!!! Maybe he should join the band...just kidding...but he was great and i wanna congratulate BRAIN for being "fresh" daddy!

pps. Melrose was pretty fucking good (Izzy would have loved them)!!!

Edited by makkonen

True...standing area was VERY empty...maybe half full...DAMN! ... i wanted to jump in and join them but i was pretty high (i mean altitude...) New songs didn´t go well for people around me (specially Madagascar was confusing to most of them).

Standing area was crowded during show itself ( I was row 8-ish ). You always get lame reaction to unreleased songs live. It was the same in 1991 during UYI tour.

Can you pm me WTTJ as a mp4 file?

Edited by Mikko.

I used earplugs from my work, which are supposed to make me hear people well but eliminate most of the machine noise present (I work at a loud machine in an amusement park). Anyways they worked very well in the concert... I heard Axl and the music so much better with the plugs than without. Heard everything very well actually... The rant and all.

And no the concert wasn't two hours late. GnR started at 23... Only an hour "late", but what else is new. :P

Can you tell us about some of the rants, not everyone heard clearly?? :)

LIZ

I can't remember exactly.. I hope a bootleg of the story before think about you comes out..

Anyways he talked how the police were holding him down trying to take the bloodtest and then an amateur doctor came in who missed the vein many times and blood was spoiling everywhere... Then he saw this young(?) girl at his celldoor... I can't remember exactly what he said then.. Something like "I wasn't looking for a girl with a sweet taste, I was looking for a girl that tastes sweet". Or the other way around... I don't remember exactly. Something like that...

Edited by Gunner

You should have gone there without permission :P . I saw a lot of people going to there, and nobody checked their tickets. Except that one punkass who got arrested, lol. My seats were pretty high on the hall, and from our seats you could see the whole arena, so I didn't even try to get there.

Anyway, the gig was awesome, but now I don't have time to tell more. Maybe later =)

I can tell you that you wouldn't have gotten even anywhere near front row. I was there ;)

I can tell you that you wouldn't have gotten even anywhere near front row. I was there ;)

Dude, I saw the place. It was very very empty by the time I got there. If not to the front row, I would've gotten very near.

Dude, I saw the place. It was very very empty by the time I got there. If not to the front row, I would've gotten very near.

I have to back him (Gunner) up, you can see the overall situation better from higher parts of the arena. I don´t mean 1st row but yeah, between Melrose and GN`R you could have EASILY go VERY, VERY close to the stage. Atleast if you don´t need to be in the middle of the stage. I understand other views of the situation but i pretty much think this was the case. I was at Sauna open air (Tampere) to watch Iggy and was maybe on 6-8th row and thought that you cannot go closer at that point, but it was probably same case than this. It just looks crowded when you´re in the middle of the crowd.

Edited by makkonen