Presale Password Information...

Bucketslash

sweetness(hey, i know you don't like gnr, but I can trust you knough not to screw it up for everyone else, right?),

:lol: I wont. My only beef with new GNR is keeping the band name, but that isnt a big deal anyway and I still hope to see them this fall to change my mind on how they play.

2.Become friends with members. Get to know the regulars. if you can get someone with other 1000 posts to vouch for you, like almost famous,sweetness(hey, i know you don't like gnr, but I can trust you knough not to screw it up for everyone else, right?), or the like

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Ha, that's great.

Good idea Bucketslash, but also instead of saying have 250 post min, why don't we see when the person joined, because i'm still considered a "Newbie" but i've been here since 04 and although I don't post that much I do visit alot to keep up with news ect.., and I think some people will also be the same.

Just an Idea.

Matt

Good idea Bucketslash, but also instead of saying have 250 post min, why don't we see when the person joined, because i'm still considered a "Newbie" but i've been here since 04 and although I don't post that much I do visit alot to keep up with news ect.., and I think some people will also be the same.

Just an Idea.

Matt

They don't ask for a post count when you sign up for a pre-sale just that you didn't join a forum within the past week just for the presale. So even though you are a newbie regarding posts your length of time at this forum would still qualify you.

Now theres some bullshit.

You really determine whos a real fan by looking at how many times they've posted on a forum?

Jesus Christ

I could just post aload of crap in any random thread and get tons of posts. Its not hard.

Just an Idea.

Matt

Well, I updated things for people who show up to read the news

I decided on Rock in Rio 5 because if someone was ready to scalp for Rio 5, then they're probably ready to scalp now.

Besides, we can't just penalize people who just started searching for ways to get into gnr concerts if they truly are fans

Quick edit-Coma., we can check to see if your just spamming to get your post count up, and if we catch you with enough spam, and STILL asking for a password, we'll report you as a scalper

next time read the fine print, we CAN check what your posts are

Edited by Bucketslash

Ive been a member of this forum for yearsI read it multiple times daily..I just dont post much..

so i lose out ha..

Yea, I'm in the same situation as GnRMatt, been a member since 04 with this Email address, and a huge fan, but I hate typing so not alot of posts. I haven't received my pass yet for Fresno, Has Anyone? Should I worry?

neither of you need to worry, if you look at section 1.5, i've got both of you covered

Yea, I'm in the same situation as GnRMatt, been a member since 04 with this Email address, and a huge fan, but I hate typing so not alot of posts. I haven't received my pass yet for Fresno, Has Anyone? Should I worry?

You shouldn't worry. The rules are pretty clear when you sign up for a pre-sale. If you know where to sign up, read the rules and intend on really attending those shows, sign up.

Not to be a buzzkill here but the fact is you could get banned from pre-sales by giving out the password to anyone, no matter how much you think you can trust them. That is also outlined fairly clearly on the pre-sale rules.

So by posting here that you intend to give out the passwords you are really jeopardizing your chances of being included, IMO.

It shouldn't be just a post requirement, though. You should look at the "Date Joined." Someone who joined 3 years ago should have priority over someone who joined last week but happens to have 500 posts already.

but then what about people who are just finding out gnr are back and just found the forum?

is it fair to them?you could have someone who just got into gnr 2 years ago, and just happenned to join the forum

on the other hand you could have someone who waited day and night for illusion tickets and the albums, but never found the forum, and by that idea who's the more "hardcore" fan

this thread was created because when people read there's another date, they always ask for the password, they they're always bitching "but we're real fans" and I think, if it's genuine, that some sympathy shuld be thrown that way

besides, IF you read the rules,you'd realize the post rule is negated to people who joined before rnr 5 was announced

checking's in order before for post count

standards are high, but not impossible

and in that way, for devoted to gnr fans

Stop_Scalpers.jpg

Edited by Bucketslash

So you're making up your own pre-sale rules because the ones we already have aren't good enough?

Maybe you shouldn't be trusted with the password in the first place because the rules clearly say you shouldn't give out the password to others.

Tell me, if you think people who aren't eligible for the pre-sale should get the password, why should we even bother with these online fan forum pre-sales? We could just give you the password and you can send it to all the scalpers who have 250+ posts. :rolleyes:

DO NOT give out the passwords to others! You might not be able to take part in future pre-sales if you do.

/jarmo

Whatever! Crap!

I get it, i don't want to be ripped off by scalpers either! I don't know about other people here, but I am really busy. I am married, have 2 kids and work. I don't think that leaves a ton of time to "build up my posts". Lets say, there was a counter on my mind, on how many times I talk or think about GnR in a given day....i could give any of you a run for your money. I would be hittin' it out of the park! I am not on summer break!

Back in the 80'd there was no "forum". It is a joke. I'd have a million posts by now!

Basically because of this, when GnR come in my neck of the woods, (and that is WHEN) I will be the one paying the scalpers for the best seats I can get and the cycle will perpetuate. Kinda like I did for the New York shows. SO beause of this I inevitably HELP the scalpers. Not exactly what REAL fans want to do....but hey, what is my other choice?

dude, 250+ posts, i'd never manage to get that done by tomorrow morning. I've been waiting for almost 10 years now to see gnr live. i'm willing to drive on a thursday evening from LA to san diego and return for work on Friday morning, there's gotta be some way to prove I ain't a scalper, but i know where u'r coming from, had a friend last year who couldn't get tickets for a concert inspite of being in the fan club for a long long time cause of scalpers. So I guess i'll keep posting, they're gonna take off and hopefully the next time i'll have enough to get on for a presale

Am I the only one on this forum who doesn't think it is right to give out this password period? If you want it, sign up like everyone else.

No, I am in full agreement with you. If you read the rules and qualify then there isn't really an issue here. It is done in an extremely fair and equal way by the guys at HTGTH and whomever else is involved.

I wonder has anyone here actually read the rules of the pre-sales? It has NOTHING to do with your post count or even what board you belong to. If you haven't read the rules, I would suggest it-it would really cut down on threads like this.

without wanting to sound like an ignorant ass...could someone give me a brief summary of the pre-sale idea?

so there's a "secret" site the management sends to a chosen few go to?

and they reccomend other members who they think are worthy of getting this information?

then what?

they (we) get the tickets first?

are they normal tickets, and this is only being done to beat the rush...or are they special in some way or another?

what's the difference between this "presale" ticket and the one you can get from an official ticket vendor?

not that it matters to me, I live too far away to benefit from this, but would like to know how it works for you guys.

thanks in advance.