Bat Country- Avenged Sevenfold

adnan

When I first got "City of Evil" I really liked it, but now I've really grown weary of it, it's a jumble of classic metal solos, emo choruses, unfocused- skillful- but unfocused drumming, and frankly Shadows sounds better screaming or live. As far as I'm concerned COE is their worst album. They were more focused songwriters before, trying to incorporate Metallica/Maiden/Gn'R influenced styles into their music hasn't been successful, except:

ON BAT COUNTRY: WHAT A BRILLIANT TRACK.

I agree. When I first got City of Evil I was pretty impressed, but after listening to it for awhile it really isnt that great, every song sounds the same. :sleeper:

But Bat Country and Sieze The Day are great songs, the rest is filler(I hate that word but its pretty fucking true in this case)

I still think they are one of the better of the new bands these days, and they are the best that are popular with MTV, but City of Evil is weak for the most part

Edited by sweetness

Sounding the Seventh Trumpet is one of their best cds. CoE was weak, man. None of the songs appealed to me except Seize the Day (the November Rain-ish song :rolleyes: ) and Bat Country. Download "Second Heartbeat." I think it's from their Walking the Fallen cd, or whatever it's called. If you guys like A7X from their hardcore/thrash screamo (i guess) days, an awesome band is BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME. Listen to Mordecai and one called 'Arsonist.' you gotta download the second song though.

Edited by swlabr

Give me your soul

punishment too great too bare

infernal man

blood is spilled and never swallowed

Raise, your hand

and taste, the courage

The one of life

Fall from grace

unholy night.

And to be honest I liked City of Evil more.

Bat Country, Seize The Day and City of Evil were good tunes.

Everyone after 3.

Can you help me as I'm starting to burn...

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

Guest cherry_bomb

not one of their strongest songs, pretty awesome though.

waking the fallen is their best album by far.

A lady with taste :heart:rock3

eternal rest :wub:

Chapter Four :wub:

Far away in this land I must go,out of the site of the one.... A punishment sent from his hand, a hardship that no one should know :wub:

not one of their strongest songs, pretty awesome though.

waking the fallen is their best album by far.

A lady with taste :heart:rock3

eternal rest :wub:

Chapter Four :wub:

:o cahpter four is my fav AX7 song. anyways this cd had its songs but they get boring after a while and most of them sound really similar.